Meet Drakes NEW GHOSTWRITER

MusicConsulting

All Star
Daps
You're playing hypotheticals now...was Quentin not properly credited on IYRTITL?

Y'all just hate Drake so much that y'all use the term ghostwriter improperly

Rakim ghostwrote Summertime, didn't receive ANY writing credit...that's a ghostwriter

Rakim didn't ghostwrite Summertime, that's a rumor that was debunked a long time ago.

No, I don't hate Drake. What I hate is people flooding the boards incessantly with shyt posts & just constantly stacking a Drake thread up on top of another. It's overkill, my dude. Overkill & it is on every single goddamn hip hop forum. You cats have a place to go, it is called OvoForum. Yet most of you still keep shyt posting here, why?

Go read that article I just linked, it proves what me and others have just responded to.

One other thing, you can always spot a amateur liar and Drake shows time n time again, he doesn't know how to lie. He evades the issue every single time. What makes it worse, he still wants to be considered top 5 as a writer. It will never happen, he's going to be remembered as a entertainer not a world class legendary top 5 mc.

Sauce Dab

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
How you gonna be an music artist when you don't write your own bars, you don't write your own songs, you don't come up with your own flows, you don't produce, and you can't sing...

Dude is an actor
That's what pop stars do. No different than Rihanna

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
QM was a co writer on those songs even though people don't like to admit that. He came up with the core but there's a good amount of bars he didn't reference.

How much of a track do you have to write to be a ghostwriter and not a co writer in your opinion. Or are all co writers ghost writers?
How much credit would you give say a Hush for Drakes work ?

The God Poster

LWO representa
Daps
Reppin
NULL
And you/he are missing mine... read my original post. I said I don't judge/rank Drake by MC standards anymore because his writing credentials are questionable. But at the same time, you can't just be negligent of what's there and call a spade a club, a credited songwriter a ghostwriter, because the two things are not interchangeable from both an artistic and legal standpoint......
No I get your point. I believe @hex is stating having your shyt wrote as a rapper is all types of fraudulent regardless if the person gets a credit

• Dap
Reactions: hex

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
No I get your point. I believe @hex is stating having your shyt wrote as a rapper is all types of fraudulent regardless if the person gets a credit

Well, that too.

But I'm more speaking to the fact that if crediting your writers was enough the QM situation wouldn't exist in the first place. If crediting your writers was enough then the whole world wouldn't assume Andre was talking about Drake. People are going by the dictionary definition of ghostwriting which is cool but if you wrote a song for me, and I credit you, and nobody knows who you are....you're just another random name out of 5-6 guys in the song credits....and I'm claiming I had no help....then that credit means jack shyt when it comes to clarifying if I wrote the song or not.

Fred.

WickedGames

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UK
Literally nobody cared when it came out she did Pick Up The Phone or any of the other hits. Drake is literally the only topic that really gets people going in 2016.
This isn't even rap, shyts crazy.

Co Writers coming together and putting out anthems to make anthems is what has made loads of classic, timeless music.

Fani Willis fan

Veteran
Daps

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
its funny because Drake was known for writing for other artists when he came out

So was Snoop, who has been using ghost writers for years now.

Fred.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
Rakim didn't ghostwrite Summertime, that's a rumor that was debunked a long time ago.

No, I don't hate Drake. What I hate is people flooding the boards incessantly with shyt posts & just constantly stacking a Drake thread up on top of another. It's overkill, my dude. Overkill & it is on every single goddamn hip hop forum. You cats have a place to go, it is called OvoForum. Yet most of you still keep shyt posting here, why?
Most of the Drake threads in the booth are hating threads.

Superstar
Daps
Well, that too.

But I'm more speaking to the fact that if crediting your writers was enough the QM situation wouldn't exist in the first place. If crediting your writers was enough then the whole world wouldn't assume Andre was talking about Drake. People are going by the dictionary definition of ghostwriting which is cool but if you wrote a song for me, and I credit you, and nobody knows who you are....you're just another random name out of 5-6 guys in the song credits....and I'm claiming I had no help....then that credit means jack shyt when it comes to clarifying if I wrote the song or not.

Fred.

The QM situation existed because 1. Meek called him out for it on Twitter, the average person is not studying liner notes and knowing the game like that and 2. Actual reference tracks with word for word verses leaked. Even if people saw the writing credit, most would have gave Drake the benefit of the doubt and assumed QM wrote a line or two or the hook and nothing more, like how Kanye does it