Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Stop changing the interpretation

A ghostwriter is not credited, period

Example, 50 Cent writing G-Dep's verse on Let's Get It

I already explained how this is false.

If you say you did everything yourself....and nobody knows who you are crediting....then it's a ghostwriter.

Fred.

B1G_controversy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Philly
I already explained how this is false.

If you say you did everything yourself....and nobody knows who you are crediting....then it's a ghostwriter.

Fred.

Y'all just making up stuff to fit the narrative

if 5 ppl are credited on the song, it implies they played a role in crafting the song

a ghostwriter is not credited...a ghostwriter is not seen AT ALL...it's essentially a writer that wrote something but didn't really write it

All of Drake's writers are properly credited, hence they are writers who receive royalties

Everyone that is credited on Take Care has a Grammy, not just Drake

Y'all gotta do better

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps

if 5 ppl are credited on the song, it implies they played a role in crafting the song

a ghostwriter is not credited...a ghostwriter is not seen AT ALL...it's essentially a writer that wrote something but didn't really write it

All of Drake's writers are properly credited, hence they are writers who receive royalties

Y'all gotta do better

:snoop:

If that's the case then how did the whole Quentin Miller fiasco happen? Because he was credited on the songs (besides "RICO") that there was reference tracks for.

That alone kills your whole argument.

Fred.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
Good for her, the one positive that can be taken from this whole Drake fiasco is that it shines a brighter light on those behind the scenes that really make it happen, and this writer clearly has a good ear for what's hot.

Superstar
Daps
From my unbiased POV:

1. A writer credited on the song does not = ghostwriter
2. I don't care if Drake didn't write Fake Love tbh, it's a not a rap song
3. We been knew Drake's writing credentials are questionable, this is not new
4. I enjoy Drake's music regardless because his production and engineering team is untouchable and Drake might not write all of his shyt but he does perform everything and I generally enjoy his performances
5. However I just no longer consider Drake a true and true MC and won't judge or rank him by an MC's standards
6. I also think Drake's persona is corny and forced but that's neither here nor there

blizzard man

Join the Nintendo Fun Club today!
Daps
Reppin
DC
how do people get on as songwriters? are they initially aspiring artists who just get connected with solid A&R's or something?

Da King

Veteran
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Info from Fake Love's credits

FAKE LOVE
(A. Graham, A. Hernandez, A. Feeney & B. Hazzard)
Produced by Vinylz & Frank Dukes

Vinylz is Anderson Hernandez
Frank Dukes is Adam Feeney

If you are wondering who B. Hazzard is...
11101984_341422889380615_1004752298_n.jpg

http://pigeonsandplanes.com/music/2016/06/starrah-songwriter-rush
Brittany "Starrah" Hazzard is a songwriter
She helped writing Jeremih's "Pass Dat", Rihanna's "Needed Me", Young Thug's "Pick Up The Phone", Kid Ink's "Be Real"

Drake stans I just have a question. What is it about Drake you like, he can't rap, can't write, can't sing, can't produce, and uses ghostwriters. The funny thing is Drake's male and female stans like him for the same reason, and it has nothing to do with his actual music:huhldup:

@Buckeye Fever :ohhh:

Superstar
Daps
how do people get on as songwriters? are they initially aspiring artists who just get connected with solid A&R's or something?

You make connections in order to get your name out there and try to get on with a publishing company (if we're talking non-hip hop, since there generally doesn't exist songwriters who aren't also artists in rap minus producers). Everything in the songwriting game is about who you know and who you're affiliated with, cuz those are the people who can get you in the studio with major artists

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
From my unbiased POV:

1. A writer credited on the song does not = ghostwriter

I'm not trying to be intentionally obtuse....but if this is true then how did the whole Quentin Miller thing happen? Because he was credited on the songs. If that alone is enough to dodge a ghostwriting accusation then there never would've been a scandal to begin with.

Like I said, it doesn't matter if you credit a person if you're claiming you did everything, and nobody knows the people you are crediting.

Fred.

WickedGames

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
UK
I'm not trying to be intentionally obtuse....but if this is true then how did the whole Quentin Miller thing happen? Because he was credited on the songs. If that alone is enough to dodge a ghostwriting accusation then there never would've been a scandal to begin with.

Like I said, it doesn't matter if you credit a person if you're claiming you did everything, and nobody knows the people you are crediting.

Fred.

QM was a co writer on those songs even though people don't like to admit that. He came up with the core but there's a good amount of bars he didn't reference.

How much of a track do you have to write to be a ghostwriter and not a co writer in your opinion. Or are all co writers ghost writers?

Superstar
Daps

Fred.

Well the thing about songwriting credits is they're largely vague so you don't know how much a writer did on a track and how much the artist used them. But when the QM thing happened and actual reference tracks of entire verses leaked, that's when it became a big thing. Plus QM wasn't credited for everything, ie RICO, Know Yourself, Energy, 10 Bands, so he actually was a ghostwriter

MusicConsulting

All Star
Daps

Y'all gotta do better

No. no. no & no , that's all 100% false what you just stated.

A writer credited can still be a ghostwriter. He just isn't CREDITED on other songs on the project. That is a silent agreement between the two of them to give the perception that the artist doesn't "RELY" on the writer. Go do your research and find out the protocol of being a ghostwriter.
These are all methods used in the past on countless music that we know & love.