Michael Irvin says he was happiest playing football in college because he was broke

Rick Fox at UNC

All Star
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
Pretty Boys
It’s because it’s draining as fukk to be responsible for other adults, especially for regular folks without Michael Irvin money.

Going through this situation with my mom right now.

Dude, I logged in just to respond to this and give you rep.

No man wants to feel responsible for any grown adult who they are not having sex with.

<<TheStandard>>

I Am A God
Daps
I dont disagree with what you said, I'm just saying that whoever wants to act like college is the best time of your life is mistaken. People want to act like your 20s is the best time of your life, but I think it's your 30s because you get the best job opportunities

You don't get it :snoop:

You'll understand when you're in your 30's and never have time to see your friends because you're always working.

Enjoy your college years, trust me......I don't care what you do for a living afterwards (and I'm a DJ for a living) because you'll never have that level of carefree existence ever again.

Daps
It very emotionally draining. My dad side of the family is pretty stable...own businesses, did the pro thing, masters D, etc....my mom side is the broke side. Very few went to college. Most have decent jobs.... but when their in a pinch they look at my my 2 youngest aunts, my mom and uncle. Add kids who had babies to young, dept and doing nothing but warehouse jobs or call centers....

It becomes very draining when the younger generation can’t take over some of the slack but instead adds to it. Some of my family doesn’t even answer calls anymore.

Some people will stay in provorty for 20 years on government and say the lord will find me away. Expect you to help them and wont even give you the credit....only thanking god. Then come back as you to help with next month rent all over again.

King Poetic

The D.O.G.(Disciple Of God)
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Chavez Ravine, California
you have to remember mike has 16 brothers and sisters. most of those siblings got kids...that's a ton of nieces and nephews to be covering expenses for.

if someone gets locked up/has legal fees, or lost their job, or has a home that's about to be foreclosed, or is sick with a ton of medical bills, who does the family turn to? when one of mike's brothers died from cancer a few years ago, family members prolly looked at him like "you footin the bill for the funeral right?:usure:"

I can probably understand giving money to a family member for health concerns

But if my brother or sister or others ask me for $50,000 cause they have a business idea or they looking to buy a home or car it's:camby:

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
You sound like a mature young man and I hope you don't develop Peter Pan Syndrome and become a middle age man who hates responsibility and pine over his carefree broke college days of fukking barely legal women, financing Harley's at age 60 and dating 25 year olds who don't require much than shopping trips and apartment rent. Godspeed to you :salute:

That sounds amazing you jackass :dahell:

PS5 Pro

DC looking a 1/2 seed right about nuh
Daps
Reppin
The Original Rec Room Gang
If this isn't known, let it be a life lesson :manny:

J Cole talked about this, really, every musician talks about how they write better when they was broke.

I remember growing up poor but living in a richer area than we could afford. And how us poor kids had other kids to play with. While richer kids parents tend to keep them inside more often. I guess what I'm trying to say is the bigger the house/houses the less amount of friends you'll have access too. An apartment complex should have more kids than a single block of houses. My point is I had crazy fun as a kid chilling with friends. The broker we were, the more shyt we ended up getting into. Besides, being rich is a sin (gift and curse) Too many poor People in this world for you to be rich and right with God imo

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
I've done well for myself and I have some fairly wealthy family members on both sides but I can see where hes coming from having people you consider family with their hands out all the time and its usually over some bs.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I'm in college right now and I hate it. Carefree existence my ass, it's the busiest time of my life and I don't have time for shyt. I can't wait to get into the real world so I can finally support myself without having to deal with my annoying ass parents, have a real job that makes actual fukking money, and fukk adult bytches

Do I like not having to have as much responsibility? Yeah, at times. But once you learn to be responsible for yourself, it becomes second nature and you find yourself much more able to deal with shyt reasonably than you did in the past
I wish i could have a reminder to up this post in 10 years...........lol

If you don't have a central income IE aren't paying all your own bills, you are not responsible for yourself.

mr. smoke weed

Smoke Album Done......Wait n See #SmokeSquad
Resting in Peace
Daps
Reppin
Chi
I dont disagree with what you said, I'm just saying that whoever wants to act like college is the best time of your life is mistaken. People want to act like your 20s is the best time of your life, but I think it's your 30s because you get the best job opportunities
Not tryna shyt on you, but what time would be 'better' hypothetically?
A) No bills, no worrying about other people, if there's financial troubles they usually can be squashed with a part time job,only time if your life you will be surrounded by 50% females no matter where you go, living alone with no supervision etc. vs
B) Job making ________k a year, where you have to pay all your bills, support a significant other/kids (at least most people strive for it), unlike at school if you fukk up at work you can get fired---but your bills don't stop. etc. etc. Adulting isn't too hard, but you're always one bad month away from having your life completely fukked. Worse case with school you can stop for a while then go back :yeshrug:

Why you think so many people take meds for stress or depression breh

Billy Hoyle

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Auburn
Miss being on tOSU's campus
full
I think people are focusing too much on the helping out relatives aspect of his comment.

shyt I wish I was still in college without so many responsibilities too. I fukking loved being a waiter and it being socially acceptable to be drunk all the time around a bunch of single girls.

I don’t think you have to be rich to miss the carefreeness of college.

Billy Hoyle

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Auburn
I'm in college right now and I hate it. Carefree existence my ass, it's the busiest time of my life and I don't have time for shyt. I can't wait to get into the real world so I can finally support myself without having to deal with my annoying ass parents, have a real job that makes actual fukking money, and fukk adult bytches

Do I like not having to have as much responsibility? Yeah, at times. But once you learn to be responsible for yourself, it becomes second nature and you find yourself much more able to deal with shyt reasonably than you did in the past
:mjlol::mjlol::mjlol:

On Friday night my wife and I went to sleep at 9:00 after working all day. I woke up to a $75 ticket on my wife’s car for parking the wrong way. Then I had to do yard work for about 3 hours cause my fukking narcissist mother in law is coming to town this week. I have to travel to middle of nowhere Ohio next week and stay in a shyt hotel for three days for work. You know that little tax return you get doing a part time job and you spent it partying? Mine goes to our debt. And if I got fired our house would probably get taken away if I couldn’t find something equivalent.

Enjoy your petty ass problems man. This is the best time of your life as cliche as that is to say. :francis:

Last edited:

MJ Truth

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Never understood the concept of being happier with no responsibility. Having no responsibility means (usually) you have no control. Give me control and power over my life any day, I'm man enough to tell family members no.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
You don't get it :snoop:

You'll understand when you're in your 30's and never have time to see your friends because you're always working.

Enjoy your college years, trust me......I don't care what you do for a living afterwards (and I'm a DJ for a living) because you'll never have that level of carefree existence ever again.

Facts!!!!! I make great money but I don't even have time to enjoy it like that

Last edited: