Might have to move to NYC for work

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
Got laid off during the holidays, might have to move to nyc for work this company willing to hire on the spot but the office is in queens.

Not too sure about this move told the hiring manager I’ll be in touch if I change my mind.

I also heard nyc got some crazy income taxes (gotta look into it myself) and I’m really dreading on living with randoms if I gotta start doing apt hunting :francis:

Have a few doubts any native NY posters want to chime in.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
damn and its out in queens? that sucks breh sorry to hear :picard:

hope you got some family ties at least in the area :manny:
My cousins in the Bronx
Don’t do it
:yeshrug:
Man I really don’t want to but desperation starting to get to me. Been almost 4 months without a job. My funds looking lowww

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
My cousins in the Bronx

Man I really don’t want to but desperation starting to get to me. Been almost 4 months without a job. My funds looking lowww

yea you'll never see them hate to break it 2 you; might as well be Croatia at that point lol. Do what you gotta do man. Bills don't stop. At least where you're at you'll be able to focus on the grind and probably find pretty affordable living. You got a whip at least?

Big Mountain Hélà

All Star
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
954/718
My cousins in the Bronx

Four better options than moving here
:unimpressed:

Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
I really don’t want to spend more than 1500
lmao-dead.gif

FrontoBama

U Can’t Reach The Sun
Daps
Reppin
Knicks & Dimes
You can definitely get monthly apartments onna Northside (Queens Village, Springfield) in The 1500 range and live. Every apartment I made money out of (inna cowboy days) was off Craigslist first month, deposit and u got a place

like this..

I just don’t think I would move to New York to live in Queens and merely ’cut it’ though. if you have skills you can move around with, I would keep looking.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
I really don’t want to spend more than 1500 if I have to live solo but I’m tryna save so I don’t mind getting a roommate so I can only pay $800 a month

I hope you're single and don't have high standards or a lot of shyt then lol. you're gonna be way better off finding something decent word of mouth in this case. since you don't know anyone on here start networking on social media and download as many dating apps as possible(if you gotta go the homosexual route lol). you cool with anyone currently at the new job?

there are plenty of licks out there but unfortunately that shyt aint advertised. you gonna get fukked goin on those renter sites or dealing with a "realtor" maybe someone from there can put you on(but they prolly won't they're just gonna kick you while you're down)

Orbital-Fetus

cross that bridge
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Humanity
Honestly, your best bet is to just live in your car for the first year. Stack up money and get a good lay of the land before you decide if you want to get locked down in an apartment. If you remove the all of the passenger seats you will have way more room in there. You can convert power from the car into power to use a microwave or any other household devices you may fancy.

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Honestly, your best bet is to just live in your car for the first year. Stack up money and get a good lay of the land before you decide if you want to get locked down in an apartment. If you remove the all of the passenger seats you will have way more room in there. You can convert power from the car into power to use a microwave or any other household devices you may fancy.

don't listen to this guy. fukk these gypsies. they take all the best lowkey parking spots....and start multipying like gremlins......be a part of the solution not the problem.