Might have to move to NYC for work

x2y

SOHH Stupid
Supporter
Daps
Got laid off during the holidays, might have to move to nyc for work this company willing to hire on the spot but the office is in queens.

Not too sure about this move told the hiring manager I’ll be in touch if I change my mind.

I also heard nyc got some crazy income taxes (gotta look into it myself) and I’m really dreading on living with randoms if I gotta start doing apt hunting :francis:

Have a few doubts any native NY posters want to chime in.
Since you are repping New England I assume you have a car. Make the move get a spot in Queens/BK/LI or even the Bronx if you are willing to pay for the EZ Pass. You'll probably end up making more money and better social life here.

NY > New England.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
yea you'll never see them hate to break it 2 you; might as well be Croatia at that point lol. Do what you gotta do man. Bills don't stop. At least where you're at you'll be able to focus on the grind and probably find pretty affordable living. You got a whip at least?
Bro my shyt got totaled 2 weeks ago I just got the check today and had to pay off the lender leaving me with roughly 10k. They not even selling decently used whips for 10k round here. Cheapest 15k. I hate my life rn on dogs :snoop:

Four better options than moving here
:unimpressed:
I have an electrical engineering degree bro the company hiring is electronic communication company that handles the trains, buses, and paramedics. I know imma get $90k off rip but that’s not doing Jack in nyc imma ask and see what’s the most they’re willing to pay me
Since you are repping New England I assume you have a car. Make the move get spot in Queens/BK/LI or even the Bronx if you are willing to pay for the EZ Pass. You proably end up making more money and better social life here.

NY > New England.
I got a few friends and family in nyc and def y’all have a better night life than Boston but I’m trying to figure if the overall higher col of living will be worth the headache.

Bro y’all income tax is 10% Mass is only 6.5% off rip I’m already dreading what my paychecks will look like even if I do make it to the $100k range

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
Bro my shyt got totaled 2 weeks ago I just got the check today and had to pay off the lender leaving me with roughly 10k. They not even selling decently used whips for 10k round here. Cheapest 15k. I hate my life rn on dogs :snoop:

I have an electrical engineering degree bro the company hiring is electronic communication company that handles the trains, buses, and paramedics. I know imma get $90k off rip but that’s not doing Jack in nyc imma ask and see what’s the most they’re willing to pay me

I got a few friends and family in nyc and def y’all have a better night life than Boston but I’m trying to figure if the overall higher col of living will be worth the headache.

Bro y’all income tax is 10% Mass is only 6.5% off rip I’m already dreading what my paychecks will look like even if I do make it to the $100k range

what license you have? you got how much experience? breh you're not getting a relocation package? you fresh out of school or something green green? :dahell:

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
It’s hard to find good housing in the city.

Maybe you’ll get lucky and get yourself a pawg in Astoria.

Edit - I meant Long Island City
:skip:

The Fukin Prophecy

RIP Champ
Daps
$1500 in NYC is section 8 living bruh...

Where in Queens is the job site though? If its close to Nassau county you can save yourself an extra 4% on taxes for not living within NYC limits...

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
what license you have? you got how much experience? breh you're not getting a relocation package? you fresh out of school or something green green? :dahell:
I didn’t ask about a relo plus these companies are cheap. Last company I worked with didn’t want to offer me one mind you that was a top 3 defense contractor. But we’ll see I’ll hit homie up today

MikelArteta

Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Top 4
can you live with your family in the bronx for like 3 months? then sublet your apt for like 3 months

pay them like a grand a month at least if you hate the city you just quit and keep applying for jobs in new england or wherever you are at

Braman

Superstar
Daps
Honestly, your best bet is to just live in your car for the first year. Stack up money and get a good lay of the land before you decide if you want to get locked down in an apartment. If you remove the all of the passenger seats you will have way more room in there. You can convert power from the car into power to use a microwave or any other household devices you may fancy.

don't listen to this guy. fukk these gypsies. they take all the best lowkey parking spots....and start multipying like gremlins......be a part of the solution not the problem.
Yo is this interaction real :lupe::damn: NY is a beast…and I live in the dmv

USMaroon

Pro
Daps
Queens reppin, word up pleighboiii. 1500 will very likely only get you a basement these days. A decent 1br is going 2k and up . NYC rent was always too damn high but now they sky high. If you decide to make the move, hmu, might be able to help a fella Coli 6 figures 6 certs bruh out with finding you a place.