Might have to move to NYC for work

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
What job is this in New York, do you mind giving the company name, is it entry level or experience required
It’s not on their website it’s called eastern communications. The CEO literally hit my line for the same position in Boston but I was working and OT then a few weeks later I get laid off. My fukkin luck man :snoop: now the Boston position is filled and only Queens is left

You need an electrical engineering degree and you need to understand RF and radio/antenna theory.

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Bro my shyt got totaled 2 weeks ago I just got the check today and had to pay off the lender leaving me with roughly 10k. They not even selling decently used whips for 10k round here. Cheapest 15k. I hate my life rn on dogs :snoop:

I have an electrical engineering degree bro the company hiring is electronic communication company that handles the trains, buses, and paramedics. I know imma get $90k off rip but that’s not doing Jack in nyc imma ask and see what’s the most they’re willing to pay me

I got a few friends and family in nyc and def y’all have a better night life than Boston but I’m trying to figure if the overall higher col of living will be worth the headache.

Bro y’all income tax is 10% Mass is only 6.5% off rip I’m already dreading what my paychecks will look like even if I do make it to the $100k range

At 90k you shouldn't be worried about anything. If you know what part of Queens the job is in just look for apartments close by and you won't need to drive much.

Don't rely on those apartment sites or craiglist. Find a broker because they'll have access to better deals. I was looking for months and decided to use a broker who immediately got me a nice spot in a rent controlled building for $1050 in Manhattan. There was an even better spot across the street for the same price and that had a deck outside. Every site was showing me cribs for 1600 and up in the same neighborhood. The broker fee is worth it.

You're worried about state taxes? What's 6.5% of 0? Take the job if it's available. You'll love NY especially since you have people you know out here.

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
It’s not on their website it’s called eastern communications. The CEO literally hit my line for the same position in Boston but I was working and OT then a few weeks later I get laid off. My fukkin luck man :snoop: now the Boston position is filled and only Queens is left

You need an electrical engineering degree and you need to understand RF and radio/antenna theory.
Ok, it sounds interesting
I’m surprised it’s taking this long for you to find anything, I thought dudes with real experience can find stuff relatively quick

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
I live around people and best of all there's alot of distance between us. I have peace, quiet, the great outdoors and I'm far away from prying eyes.

I can hear deer running by during the day, wolves howling at the moon, and loons on the lake singing their beautiful songs during the summer. :blessed:

Can't get that in NYC or any major metropolis.

That's literally ALL that matters to me in regards to where I live. Keep your loaded questions to yourself like I keep a loaded shotgun in every room :unimpressed:
I mean it was just a question, it is northern Minnesota though. If you’re happy with your surroundings and who you are then good for you. I just hope you remember who you are and where you at and hopefully we don’t read about you on the news.

ISO

Pass me the rock nikka
Daps
Reppin
BX, NYC
I live around people and best of all there's alot of distance between us. I have peace, quiet, the great outdoors and I'm far away from prying eyes.

I can hear deer running by during the day, wolves howling at the moon, and loons on the lake singing their beautiful songs during the summer. :blessed:

Can't get that in NYC or any major metropolis.

That's literally ALL that matters to me in regards to where I live. Keep your loaded questions to yourself like I keep a loaded shotgun in every room :unimpressed:
:ehh:

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
At 90k you shouldn't be worried about anything. If you know what part of Queens the job is in just look for apartments close by and you won't need to drive much.

Don't rely on those apartment sites or craiglist. Find a broker because they'll have access to better deals. I was looking for months and decided to use a broker who immediately got me a nice spot in a rent controlled building for $1050 in Manhattan. There was an even better spot across the street for the same price and that had a deck outside. Every site was showing me cribs for 1600 and up in the same neighborhood. The broker fee is worth it.

You're worried about state taxes? What's 6.5% of 0? Take the job if it's available. You'll love NY especially since you have people you know out here.
long island city, man you right bro I just didn't want to get trapped in there like other posers said. Wanna save up and by a house. Def slide the brokers info into my PMs
Ok, it sounds interesting
I’m surprised it’s taking this long for you to find anything, I thought dudes with real experience can find stuff relatively quick
Bro trust me when I say I Quit my job around the same time back in 2021 and had new job within 3 weeks. There is some fukkin gas going on , no one wants to hire I'm assuming the big tech lay off might have contributed to companies poing pay cuts and being more stingy on payroll

Supa

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
long island city, man you right bro I just didn't want to get trapped in there like other posers said. Wanna save up and by a house. Def slide the brokers info into my PMs

Bro trust me when I say I Quit my job around the same time back in 2021 and had new job within 3 weeks. There is some fukkin gas going on , no one wants to hire I'm assuming the big tech lay off might have contributed to companies poing pay cuts and being more stingy on payroll

Long Island City is nice but it's been an up and coming area for a while but it's close proximity to Manhattan means higher rent. You can live nextdoor in Queensbridge for cheap and walk to work though:ahh:

I don't have any broker info for Queens. They usually cover a small local area so you're going to have to find one. You should look at Astoria as it's nice and has some of the best food in the city. It's a quick and easy commute to Manhattan. Queens is huge so there's plenty of options. A lot of people have houses and convert a floor to an apartment for rentals. They're usually cheaper but harder to find. I knew a guy who was renting the first floor of a brownstone for like $800. It was owned by an older couple just looking to collect some extra money. I visited a spot like that in Kew Garden in Queens. The people were really nice and willing to lower the price but it was too small and more of a commute.

If you have a reddit account go to r/Queens and see if anyone can help you with a broker.