Might have to move to NYC for work

Thanos

?
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
It's doable, the apartments are less shyt in Queens than in the city. When do you have to make this decision, you just do NJ, CT, PA,etc

LadyJ2

Superstar
Daps
My husband and I are both from the city and most of our families have left in the past 10-15 years. We used to have a SWEET hookup from my dad’s old rent-controlled apartment on 119th and 7th avenue in Harlem until they found out he no longer lived there and kicked us out.

:mjcry:

Anyway, I haven’t rented in NYC in 20 years so I have no advice to give on that BUT if you can swing it I say go for it. You will never again have another experience like living in the city. 🗽

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
breh there are a lot of opportunities for you RN....especially where you're at in New England with the credentials you claim. hook up with some recruiters and get 2 it. you better off staying put and hitting something local. at least you'll have that sense of security and whatever stability you currently have. cause you don't sound like you can gamble RN.

Look for PM positions 2 you can get those easy.
I’m working with 5 different recruiters bro trust me when I say the hiring freeze is real. I really don’t want to but I’m giving myself until mid April if I have you actually make that move

I’m even looking Anywhere and everywhere

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
My husband and I are both from the city and most of our families have left in the past 10-15 years. We used to have a SWEET hookup from my dad’s old rent-controlled apartment on 119th and 7th avenue in Harlem until they found out he no longer lived there and kicked us out.

:mjcry:

Anyway, I haven’t rented in NYC in 20 years so I have no advice to give on that BUT if you can swing it I say go for it. You will never again have another experience like living in the city. 🗽

he's moving to queens potentially; a little different no? :russ:

Alvin

Superstar
Daps
I grew up in Brooklyn, left for a job opportunity in Northern Minnesota in 2018, and never looked back.

Unless you got the bread to get your own 1 BR or a studio with enough space to be comfortable in, it ain't worth it, especially since you said you're dreading living with roommates.

Even if you make the sacrifice and go the roommates route, you'll probably never make enough to save to buy your own place out there, your cost of living will grow at a rate you're probably not expecting, you're just flushing money down the toilet in rent, and you have to ask yourself how much noise can you endure in one day. Seeing that you said you're dreading roommates, I'm assuming you appreciate more quiet settings.

If you have a car and enjoy driving, you might as well sell it now and come to terms with riding the Iron Horse and the bus, because NYC will make you detest owning a vehicle.

My advice is to find the best job/salary offer you can vs. the most affordable cost of living you're willing to endure and try to find the best compromise. Hating where you live is an easy way to ensure it being a quick stopover in your life's journey and NYC isn't built for every different job skill-set to properly succeed. Stay afloat? Sure. Get ahead? Nope. It's the town that's automatically defines "Rat Race" for everyone for a reason.

If you read this post and you like what you read, then go for it. I'm just here to give you some insight and kick it real, but ultimately do you and best of luck doing it.

Edited to add I just read something about living in a car at a campgrounds and communting to Queens. Breh don't take any clown-ass advice like that and if that's what NYCers are reduced to doing now thank God I left when I did :wow:
do you live around a lot of white folk?

42 Monks

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Carolina
if you healthy and in shape just join the military fr

i get betting on yourself, but there's better odds than grinding and hoping new to a city like NY

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Bro my shyt got totaled 2 weeks ago I just got the check today and had to pay off the lender leaving me with roughly 10k. They not even selling decently used whips for 10k round here. Cheapest 15k. I hate my life rn on dogs :snoop:

I have an electrical engineering degree bro the company hiring is electronic communication company that handles the trains, buses, and paramedics. I know imma get $90k off rip but that’s not doing Jack in nyc imma ask and see what’s the most they’re willing to pay me

I got a few friends and family in nyc and def y’all have a better night life than Boston but I’m trying to figure if the overall higher col of living will be worth the headache.

Bro y’all income tax is 10% Mass is only 6.5% off rip I’m already dreading what my paychecks will look like even if I do make it to the $100k range
What job is this in New York, do you mind giving the company name, is it entry level or experience required

RhodyRum

Mark Gassed-A-Heaux
Daps
Reppin
The Great Green North
do you live around a lot of white folk?

I live around people and best of all there's alot of distance between us. I have peace, quiet, the great outdoors and I'm far away from prying eyes.

I can hear deer running by during the day, wolves howling at the moon, and loons on the lake singing their beautiful songs during the summer. :blessed:

Can't get that in NYC or any major metropolis.

That's literally ALL that matters to me in regards to where I live. Keep your loaded questions to yourself like I keep a loaded shotgun in every room :unimpressed:

maxamusa

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Old York
I grew up in Brooklyn, left for a job opportunity in Northern Minnesota in 2018, and never looked back.

Unless you got the bread to get your own 1 BR or a studio with enough space to be comfortable in, it ain't worth it, especially since you said you're dreading living with roommates.

Even if you make the sacrifice and go the roommates route, you'll probably never make enough to save to buy your own place out there, your cost of living will grow at a rate you're probably not expecting, you're just flushing money down the toilet in rent, and you have to ask yourself how much noise can you endure in one day. Seeing that you said you're dreading roommates, I'm assuming you appreciate more quiet settings.

If you have a car and enjoy driving, you might as well sell it now and come to terms with riding the Iron Horse and the bus, because NYC will make you detest owning a vehicle.

My advice is to find the best job/salary offer you can vs. the most affordable cost of living you're willing to endure and try to find the best compromise. Hating where you live is an easy way to ensure it being a quick stopover in your life's journey and NYC isn't built for every different job skill-set to properly succeed. Stay afloat? Sure. Get ahead? Nope. It's the town that's automatically defines "Rat Race" for everyone for a reason.

If you read this post and you like what you read, then go for it. I'm just here to give you some insight and kick it real, but ultimately do you and best of luck doing it.

Edited to add I just read something about living in a car at a campgrounds and communting to Queens. Breh don't take any clown-ass advice like that and if that's what NYCers are reduced to doing now thank God I left when I did :wow:

ohh you purple now; I'm jelly....pasley park brehs in the building :blessed:

TheJet

Superstar
Daps
There's spots for decent bread if you don't mind living in Carajoland. Check Street Easy

Last edited: