Most games showed on PS5 ran at 30fps

Negro Caesar

Superstar
Daps
I have all of this with a Super Ultrawide 49" Monitor. And I still play console games. See. If you been playing PC and console for a while. That 30fps comes with the territory. How do u nikkas play Switch games n shyt like that? Now 30fps on PC is 100% unacceptable to me. shyt I don't even like to play as low as 60fps on my PC games if I don't have to. But I learned to separate the 2.
What games do u play? If 30 isn’t acceptable on PC for u , how is it acceptable on console?

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I have all of this with a Super Ultrawide 49" Monitor. And I still play console games. See. If you been playing PC and console for a while. That 30fps comes with the territory. How do u nikkas play Switch games n shyt like that? Now 30fps on PC is 100% unacceptable to me. shyt I don't even like to play as low as 60fps on my PC games if I don't have to. But I learned to separate the 2.
Same. I barely want to play games at 60fps on my PC but I have the option and hardware to push past that so I tend to get around 80~90fps on demanding games and some games I can reach 115fps(My monitor is 100hz overclocked to 115hz). On console, 30fps typically have great frame pacing and nice motion blur so it doesn't feel bad. I had no problem with God of War despite that game having a 60fps option I played it at 30fps. This idea that people who accept 30fps don't know is hilariously wrong. I know exactly what the differences are and I still can play 30fps games(Just not on PC since that's the whole point.)

Like playing a console game looking like this at 30fps is perfectly fine to me.
jO25hC.gif

Last edited:

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
NY all day..Da Stead & BK..
What games do u play? If 30 isn’t acceptable on PC for u , how is it acceptable on console?
Because console is a different experience for me all together. Fam if I felt the way u felt I would've given up on consoles back when the Xbox 360 and PS3 was out. I play all kinds of different games. I just know what to expect from my PC. And I know what to expect from my consoles. Now would I prefer 60fps and above on console? Hell yea. I been fighting that these companies need to prioritize performance and graphic fidelity over resolution for the last few years now. But here we are.

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
Same. I barely want to play games at 60fps on my PC but I have the option and hardware to push past that so I tend to get around 80~90fps on demanding games and some games I can reach 115fps(My monitor is 100hz overclocked to 115hz). On console, 30fps typically have great frame pacing and nice motion blur so it doesn't feel bad. I had no problem with God of War despite that game having a 60fps option I played it at 30fps. This idea that people who accept 30fps don't know is hilariously wrong. I know exactly what the differences are and I still can play 30fps games(Just not on PC since that's the whole point.)

jO25hC.gif
Exactly. Ratchet and Clank looks ridiculous by the way. Lol

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park

jO25hC.gif

That looks gorgeous by the way. It is the response time that makes a game feel sluggish. Only two series have ever made it 'passable' in my eyes for 30fps for racers. Burnout Paradise and Forza Horizon. It's when you go from a 60fps game, straight to a 30fps game. Chances are, you will notice a slight difference in response time. BTW, Criterion and Playground Games made it a point to focus on response time.

Digital Foundry vs. Forza Horizon

From 60Hz to 30Hz: the pros and cons
To make up the shortfall somewhat, Playground implements its own form of motion blur in order to reduce the judder imposed by halving the amount of discrete frames that end up on your HDTV. While it can't hope to match the "full-fat" 60Hz experience, it's actually a really impressive piece of tech, seemingly more than just the simple camera blur you may expect. Looking at game captures frame-by-frame, the tech appears capable of picking out specific objects and blurring them individually according to distance from the camera and velocity - an object-based implementation in other words. Combined with the consistent frame-rate it works especially well in chase-cam mode where the camera is drawn back from the action, but its effects in mitigating judder aren't quite as pronounced in first person views where the difference between one frame and the next is that much more pronounced.

Over and above the fluidity of the screen update, the biggest challenge facing Playground in making Horizon feel like a Forza game was in retaining the signature physics and precision response. Forza Motorsport, famously, operates a 360 update per second system to ensure the authenticity of its physics, which ties in directly with the fast response from the 60Hz screen update. You can feel those calculations through the pad: input lag is very low indeed at 66ms - up to twice as responsive as many other racers we've played. Dropping down to 30Hz can have a fundamental impact on that low latency response. Up until now, only Criterion has managed to get close to giving that precision feel in a 30Hz title - famously, Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit cuts frame-rate in half compared to Burnout Paradise (and indeed, Forza Motorsport) but only adds 16.67ms - or one single frame - of additional latency.

Our input lag tests - measured with a combination of a Ben Heck latency controller monitor board and a high speed camera - suggests that Horizon adds two additional frames of latency to that found in Forza Motorsport 4, giving a total of 100ms. This isn't quite the same level of achievement as Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (which based on the games we've measured is the most responsive 30Hz game ever made) but it's damn close. Indeed, prior to the release of NFS, many believed that 100ms was the lowest input latency possible on a 30Hz current-gen title.

Last edited:
Daps
Reppin
NULL
that dude said the 1080ti is outdated. huh?

and why throw a 1080ti? when just for an extra $200, you buy another and go SL? that way you're essentially getting a 2080ti

It is outdated, he can't run new games at 4k 60fps when 3 years ago it could, you can't even get 60 fps in 4k in fukking hitman with a 1080ti

also SLI isn't supported anymore, you talking about stuff you have no idea about, and even when it was supported there was only a handful of games where you could use SLI

I didn't star PC gaming until 2017 and I know this, shows how much of frauds all you master race talking heads are, a bunch of wannabes

Fatboi1

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
That looks gorgeous by the way. It is the response time that makes a game feel sluggish. Only two series have ever made it 'passable' in my eyes for 30fps for racers. Burnout Paradise and Forza Horizon. It's when you go from a 60fps game, straight to a 30fps game. Chances are, you will notice a slight difference in response time.
The only game I remember feeling like shyt on console was FFXV on PS4. It had bad frame pacing and I just couldn't be bothered. Other games though tend to feel fine at 30fps. Uncharted 4 is one game you can see the jarring differences between 30fps and 60fps. Multiplayer is 60fps while SP is 30fps. It takes like a minute to get adjusted but after that it's fine. I'm not one to literally throw the controller down and declare the game a failure because it's 30fps lol.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
:gucci:

i thought he was saying he threw out his 1080ti because it was outdated. Im sitting there like :dwillhuh: that is hands down the best card ever made, performance plus price wise. it fukks everything else except the 2080ti til this day. and the card is 3 yrs old. 2080ti was a rip off card and everyone knows it. the price value was insane and its about to get burned for the 3000 which is predicted to be the same damn price.

and also, if you're a baller and had the 1080ti upon release, why didnt you just buy another one (they're cheap now) and match the 2080ti? the 1080ti was a great card to 'baseline' and sl off of. crazy.

When it was released 3 years ago you moron

morons like you are the reason why I sold my 1080ti for so high, a used TI cost more than a brand new 2070 Super and they have the exact same performance

1080ti is outdated the 2080ti was its replacement, if the 3000 series wasn't coming out I would upgrade to that, the extra 20 percent of power is a huge difference when you gaming at 4k because it gets you the smooth performance you want at that high resolution

1080ti was my first card and I was pleased with it, but its only worth owning if you already have it not buying it right now, get with the times, this is 2020, a 1080ti is not worth the purchase you might as well as a 2070 Super or RX 5700 XT for 400

Daps
Reppin
NULL
No hes saying the 2070 super is a budget card and out dated

Hes the forums biggest retard

Its a budget card get over it, the 1080ti was 800 when it was first released, this is 500 with the same performance, its a budget card for those who missed out on the 1080ti because it was too expensive for them, if you have a 1080ti there would be no reason to upgrade to a 2070 super, a used 1080ti cost more than a 2070 Super how is it not a budget card lmao its half the price of the high end card the 2080ti, so yes its a budget card, its for people who can't afford the 2080ti, and it's nothing wrong with that

all the master race ego is why nobody likes PC gamers

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area

lotta pleas being copped in this thread, im sure we could find well over a couple hundred threads from 2012-2013 of people saying PS4 and xb1 were moving forward with 60 fps and thats the standard now :mjlol:

probably mostly from the posters in here copping these pleas

now back down to 30 FPS is ok because Sony tells you its ok :laff:

fukking disgusting how some of yall bending down for Sony :laff:

this PS5 event has brought out the worst cases of stanning ive ever seen on SOHH/Coli :laff:

Just before the event dropped their was threads about how PC might hold back consoles after this event drops :laff:

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
Its a budget card get over it, the 1080ti was 800 when it was first released, this is 500 with the same performance, its a budget card for those who missed out on the 1080ti because it was too expensive for them, if you have a 1080ti there would be no reason to upgrade to a 2070 super, a used 1080ti cost more than a 2070 Super how is it not a budget card lmao its half the price of the high end card the 2080ti, so yes its a budget card, its for people who can't afford the 2080ti, and it's nothing wrong with that

all the master race ego is why nobody likes PC gamers

think people gonna stop responding to you breh, you type some wild stupid shyt.. no one in this world has ever viewed a 2070 Super as a budget card before you typed this non sense

spliz

SplizThaDon
Daps
Reppin
lotta pleas being copped in this thread, im sure we could find well over a couple hundred threads from 2012-2013 of people saying PS4 and xb1 were moving forward with 60 fps and thats the standard now :mjlol:

probably mostly from the posters in here copping these pleas

now back down to 30 FPS is ok because Sony tells you its ok :laff:

fukking disgusting how some of yall bending down for Sony :laff:

this PS5 event has brought out the worst cases of stanning ive ever seen on SOHH/Coli :laff:

Just before the event dropped their was threads about how PC might hold back consoles after this event drops :laff:
nikka are u stupid? MY PC is more powerful than YOUR shyt. I been telling these nikkas what these consoles were capable of from the beginning. Even when PS4 and Xbox One first came out. Noone listened. I BEEN saying this shyt. If I didn't feel the way I felt. I wouldn't own every console right now. I wouldn't be able to play any console exclusives because damn near all of em run at 30fps. I wouldn't own any Nintendo consoles either. Man fukk outta here.

itsyoung!!

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Bay Area
nikka are u stupid? MY PC is more powerful than YOUR shyt. I been telling these nikkas what these consoles were capable of from the beginning. Even when PS4 and Xbox One first came out. Noone listened. I BEEN saying this shyt. If I didn't feel the way I felt. I wouldn't own every console right now. I wouldn't be able to play any console exclusives because damn near all of em run at 30fps. I wouldn't own any Nintendo consoles either. Man fukk outta here.

what any of that got to do with being a sucker for sony shyt ?