Movie cliches that never happen in real life...

filial_piety

Banned
Daps
Reppin
I95S
A lot of good ones here...some I always thought about but never really said out loud....

A few that I've really noticed was that in sitcoms, all of the exchanges are perfect...the art of conversation really doesn't work that way because there are normally awkward silences, pauses, interruptions and the changing subjects randomly and quickly...

Some of the stuff in action films we already know about.....but sometimes in movies like The Avengers, and other Marvel Action movies what drives me insane is the number of sky scrapers and streets being blown up and not one dead body is laying there ...I'm like :stopitslime:.

Hulk, Iron Man, Thor and the rest of them blast fireballs, crush buildings and level entire neighborhoods and counties and NOT ONE INNOCENT PERSON has died at their hands. Shyt always has me like...:childplease:. I mean you have 100 story skyscrapers tumbling down and not one body is on the ground on a crowded street let alone from the building itself...

And a lot of times also think about how much money is would cost to rebuild all of it....the WTC took 15 years and billions of dollars and that's for one site. By that time line and cost it would be IMPOSSIBLE to rebuild entire cities in our lifetimes with the amount of money, politics and lack of resources.....but some how in the sequel 2 years later...everything is built up shiny and new as if it never happened :whistle:

Also in some action movies....the heroes are getting shot and still moving like Olympic gymnists:childplease:

Anbesa

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
A lot of good ones here...some I always thought about but never really said out loud....

A few that I've really noticed was that in sitcoms, all of the exchanges are perfect...the art of conversation really doesn't work that way because there are normally awkward silences, pauses, interruptions and the changing subjects randomly and quickly...

Some of the stuff in action films we already know about.....but sometimes in movies like The Avengers, and other Marvel Action movies what drives me insane is the number of sky scrapers and streets being blown up and not one dead body is laying there ...I'm like :stopitslime:.

Hulk, Iron Man, Thor and the rest of them blast fireballs, crush buildings and level entire neighborhoods and counties and NOT ONE INNOCENT PERSON has died at their hands. Shyt always has me like...:childplease:. I mean you have 100 story skyscrapers tumbling down and not one body is on the ground on a crowded street let alone from the building itself...

And a lot of times also think about how much money is would cost to rebuild all of it....the WTC took 15 years and billions of dollars and that's for one site. By that time line and cost it would be IMPOSSIBLE to rebuild entire cities in our lifetimes with the amount of money, politics and lack of resources.....but some how in the sequel 2 years later...everything is built up shiny and new as if it never happened :whistle:

Also in some action movies....the heroes are getting shot and still moving like Olympic gymnists:childplease:
This bothers me a lot. The golden gate bridge gets destroyed in every other movie and the first thing I think of is how much it would cost and long it would take to ever rebuild it.

GoldTeef

Sarranid Bleu
Daps
Reppin
Fooglies
The only thing stopping the beautiful outcast girl from becoming a popular girl is a make over.

Kids running out of class throwing shyt when the final bell of the school year rings.

Car flipping over 6 or 7 times and the driver or the main character just crawls out with a few cuts

Person turning the super wheel in one fast motion and crashing because they saw something on the road a few hundred yards away

This is one that bugs me as well, you know, people holding bows at full draw for 30+ seconds

Last edited:

OmegaK2099

Gettin' It In
Daps
One by one though?:martin: We either running or jumping him at some point. Since its Bruce Lee, definitely running though.:mjlol:
Hell yeah, you hear that story about how he schooled some loudmouth cat talking Sh1t on the set of enter the dragon, he kicked him once across the mouth, it was fast but it didn't look that bad, the shyt talker might have even said it was a love tap, but just as he opened his mouth blood and teeth just started pouring profusely from his mouth

pete clemenza

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Cali
-I usually trip out on how nobody is really bugging out when aliens land on earth. People are still going to work like nothing happened:what: Vivica Fox went straight to work as a stripper right after the aliens landed in Independence Day:heh: In real life people's minds would be blown entirely if an alien spacecraft landed. People would be scared sh*tless- rethinking their religion and all. Total chaos

-The chick that's a high tech computer nerd but she's actually the hottest chick in the movie. They just threw a pair of glasses on her

-Before something big goes down they have a big meetup that takes place in a empty church. who does that in real life?

-the keys are always in the sun visor:stopitslime:

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
-I usually trip out on how nobody is really bugging out when aliens land on earth. People are still going to work like nothing happened:what: Vivica Fox went straight to work as a stripper right after the aliens landed in Independence Day:heh: In real life people's minds would be blown entirely if an alien spacecraft landed. People would be scared sh*tless- rethinking their religion and all. Total chaos

-The chick that's a high tech computer nerd but she's actually the hottest chick in the movie. They just threw a pair of glasses on her

-Before something big goes down they have a big meetup that takes place in a empty church. who does that in real life?

-the keys are always in the sun visor:stopitslime:

On the first point, I think life would continue as normal. Maybe things would come to a standstill in the city/cities the Aliens touch down in but everywhere else, I reckon life would go on, it would no doubt be the only thing people talk about though

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

Christian-Bale-Laughing-at-Awards-Show.gif

Breh I can't even WATCH that shyt again...

I mean fukkING SERIOUSLY

Kaypain

#SuicideGang
Supporter
Daps
nikkas circling each other and talking shyt before they fight

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga
another thing that ALWAYS bugged the fukk outta me

In these romantic comedies, you almost NEVER see the main group at work. They ALWAYS have free time. What the fukk kinda job you got where you can spend mornings, weekends, afternoons, nights just pining over someone or trying to woo them? The guy ALWAYS asks the girl out either "tonight" or "tomorrow", nikkas ain't got jobs they got to go too? Schedules or deadlines they have to keep?

That's the ONE thing I didn't like about Love Jones, which is a classic movie in every sense. But Darius had an apartment , motorcycle, was always buying drinks at the poetry club, was taking Nina out dancing to swanky upscale danceries, and this nikka NEVER worked?!?!?!?:wtf: I know he was writing a book but it was never stated he was a full time writer, matter of fact it was his FIRST book!

The Devil's Advocate

Call me Dad
Daps
Reppin
Better to reign in Hell than serve in Heaven
the fight scene at the end of the movie

doesn't matter how many defenseless men, women and kids the bad guy killed...

doesn't matter how many millions of bad guys the good guy kills...

doesn't matter if a nuke is ticking down or if there's 100 cops around or 100 bad guys around....

the two main dudes WILL drop all guns and ammo and agree to a straight up fist fight... nobody will jump in and help.. and nobody will disrespect the rules of the 1 on 1