Essential Official Netflix Thread

Worthless Loser

Blackpilled
Daps
The only thing I watch on Netflix is OTINB and Daredevil. Tried to watch House of Cards but tapped out 3 episodes in. What ya'll watch? Trying to get into a few shows.

kash10003

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The only thing I watch on Netflix is OTINB and Daredevil. Tried to watch House of Cards but tapped out 3 episodes in. What ya'll watch? Trying to get into a few shows.

Try Jessica cage if you liked dare devil. Master of none

I felt the same way about house of cards. Stopped halfway into season 1. Started watching it like 4 years later, shyt is crack starting the end of season 1

Stelio Kontos

All Star
Daps
I'm a legit retard and everyone needs to neg me. My girl was watching A Girl Like Her this morning so I joined her shortly after it started

A-Girl-Like-Her-2015-movie-poster.jpg

The whole time I'm sitting there like how they not even gonna blur the faces of these bullies :what: Their cac parents really let them show their kid's faces like that :mindblown:

Then at the end my girl told me it wasn't real :duck:

porque

Boricua Guerrero
Daps
Reppin
Philly #ByrdGang #TPC
I'm a legit retard and everyone needs to neg me. My girl was watching A Girl Like Her this morning so I joined her shortly after it started

A-Girl-Like-Her-2015-movie-poster.jpg

The whole time I'm sitting there like how they not even gonna blur the faces of these bullies :what: Their cac parents really let them show their kid's faces like that :mindblown:

Then at the end my girl told me it wasn't real :duck:

if you're looking for something to watch may I recommend Borat. It features Kazakh journalist Borat Sagdiyev exploring American culture. Very well done documentary that leaves you with a new understanding of Americans

dvdjamm

All Star
Daps
Reppin
California

Netflix's newest series, Baz Luhrmann's The Get Down, is getting split in two for its first season. Polygon reports that the streaming network will release the first six episodes of the show on August 12th, while the remaining six episodes will air at some point in 2017. While the reason for the split is currently unclear, it's a departure from the company's typical method of releasing a full season all at once.

The Get Down is a musical drama set in 1970s South Bronx, and will feature "a lot of disco, a lot of clothes-on thrusting, a few guns, and frustration." Breaking Bad alum Giarcarlo Esposito and Jaden Smith are set to star alongside an ensemble of young actors to depict the period.

Final seasons of critically acclaimed shows are usually the ones that get broken in half

However, it's not really clear how the story lends itself to a split first season. While Netflix's new talk show Chelsea airs three nights a week, Netflix hasn't ever released a show in narrative chunks. What's more, it's usually the final seasons of critically acclaimed shows like Mad Men and The Sopranos that get broken in half these days. Whatever Netflix and Luhrmann have planned, it'll certainly be interesting.

STAN JONES

Fire John Harbaugh
Daps
Reppin
Baltimore
Netflix's newest series, Baz Luhrmann's The Get Down, is getting split in two for its first season. Polygon reports that the streaming network will release the first six episodes of the show on August 12th, while the remaining six episodes will air at some point in 2017. While the reason for the split is currently unclear, it's a departure from the company's typical method of releasing a full season all at once.

The Get Down is a musical drama set in 1970s South Bronx, and will feature "a lot of disco, a lot of clothes-on thrusting, a few guns, and frustration." Breaking Bad alum Giarcarlo Esposito and Jaden Smith are set to star alongside an ensemble of young actors to depict the period.

Final seasons of critically acclaimed shows are usually the ones that get broken in half

However, it's not really clear how the story lends itself to a split first season. While Netflix's new talk show Chelsea airs three nights a week, Netflix hasn't ever released a show in narrative chunks. What's more, it's usually the final seasons of critically acclaimed shows like Mad Men and The Sopranos that get broken in half these days. Whatever Netflix and Luhrmann have planned, it'll certainly be interesting.
Why are they splitting the season :dahell:

dvdjamm

All Star
Daps
Reppin
California
lost_in_space_cast.jpg

Netflix is heading to space.

The streaming giant has handed out a 10-episode series order to a reimagined Lost in Space, The Hollywood Reporter has learned.

From Legendary Television, the new take is based on the beloved 1960s sci-fi classic series from Irwin Allen. Netflix's reimagined series hails from feature writing duo Matt Sazama and Burk Sharpless (Dracula Untold, Last Witch Hunter), with Zack Estrin (Prison Break) set to serve as showrunner. The drama will premiere worldwide in 2018.

Netflix's new Lost in Space takes its its cues from the original series and centers on the Robinson family, who is forced to come together in a time of crisis. Stranded light years from their intended destination, they find themselves battling a strange new alien environment and also their own personal demons. Equal parts family drama and sci-fi adventure, Netflix is billing the reboot as "a survival story for the ages."

"The original series so deftly captured both drama and comedy, and that made it very appealing to a broad audience. The current creative team’s reimagining of the series for Netflix is sure to appeal to both fans who fondly remember the original and to create a new generation of enthusiasts around the world,” Netflix vp originals Cindy Holland said.

Estrin will exec produce alongside Sazama, Sharpless, Synthesis Entertainment’s Kevin Burns (The Curse of Oak Island, Ancient Aliens) and Jon Jashni (Godzilla, Pacific Rim). Also on board are Applebox’s Emmy-nominated director Neil Marshall (Game of Thrones, The Descent) and Marc Helwig. Marshall will direct multiple episodes of the series.

The series is a longtime passion project for Burns, who with Jon Jashni, formed Synthesis Entertainment in 1999 and first tried reviving Lost in Space at NBC as a telepic. Warner Brothers. Television landed a reboot of the series during a bidding war in 2003-04 with a pilot written by Dougo Petrie and directed by John Woo that did not move forward. A feature take was released in 1998 — written by Akiva Goldsman and directed by Stephen Hopkins. Lost in Space was revived with Jashni at Legendary before his departure earlier this year.

For Netflix, Lost in Space comes as the streaming giant is poised to spend $5 billion this year on original programming. It joins recently ordered dramas including Alias Grace, Marvel's The Punisher and fellow Canadian entry Travelers, starring Eric McCormack, as well as staples House of Cards, Marco Polo, Bloodline, Daredevil, Sens8, Narcos and more.