New Regime,New Results:2014 Cleveland Browns Thread

Remy LeBreh

Linconia
Daps
Reppin
CLB/CLE/ALB
Even though Campbell stunk it up in the end he gets a strong :salute:for giving us a glimmer of hope before shyt went off the rails. He had us looking respectable for a Lil minute there:obama:

Weeden though:snoop:

This is probably complete hyperbole but he's the worst qb I've ever seen. He can take his shytty reads and desperation shovel "passes" and:camby::camby::camby:

*quotes self*

So Hoyer and Tanney are all we have at the qb position, I think that the release of BOTH Campbell and Bleedin' Weeden confirms that we're drafting qb with the first round pick- I'm assuming that we're going to pick up Rex Grossman to take Campbell's place.

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
DPG we in here :ahh:

Would've liked to get Revis but oh well. At least this shows us that they're actively looking to fill that other CB position. We can't keep rolling out mark ass Buster Skrine every down, even if he did step it up a bit last year.

I haven't heard anyone talk about Maclin yet in free agency. Outside of injury can you think of a reason it wouldn't be a good idea? He's a great possession receiver that can run intermediate routes, and he's a decent red zone target too. If you think about when him and Desean Jackson were both on the field at the same time, Maclin would get all the underneath receptions and Jackson would go over the top. It might even work better than that with Gordon, because you could line him up anywhere and he's doing damage.
Just a thought.

CarolinaKing

The Carolina Blueprint
Daps
Reppin
NC
DPG we in here :ahh:

Would've liked to get Revis but oh well. At least this shows us that they're actively looking to fill that other CB position. We can't keep rolling out mark ass Buster Skrine every down, even if he did step it up a bit last year.

I haven't heard anyone talk about Maclin yet in free agency. Outside of injury can you think of a reason it wouldn't be a good idea? He's a great possession receiver that can run intermediate routes, and he's a decent red zone target too. If you think about when him and Desean Jackson were both on the field at the same time, Maclin would get all the underneath receptions and Jackson would go over the top. It might even work better than that with Gordon, because you could line him up anywhere and he's doing damage.
Just a thought.
I may be wrong breh but for some reason I thought he re-signed for another year in Philly

Dayco23

World Champion
Daps
Reppin
Ohio
script>

QuarterCenturyLegend

Stoopid Life
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
@Remy Le Breh

I disagree on the 1st round QB as I've always said. Either Schaub comes in and battles Hoyer or we sign Grossman and the young QB sits behind Hoyer. Every indication is this is Hoyer's team and the latest news out of NE is we're targeting Edelman reuniting the best friends. Playmakers is what they want, not reaches. If Sammy is there, I firmly believe that's who we're taking

CarolinaKing

The Carolina Blueprint
Daps
Reppin
NC
@Remy Le Breh

I disagree on the 1st round QB as I've always said. Either Schaub comes in and battles Hoyer or we sign Grossman and the young QB sits behind Hoyer. Every indication is this is Hoyer's team and the latest news out of NE is we're targeting Edelman reuniting the best friends. Playmakers is what they want, not reaches. If Sammy is there, I firmly believe that's who we're taking

So you think if one of Bridgewater/Manziel is there at 4, we're still taking Watkins?

Dayco23

World Champion
Daps
Reppin
Ohio
Watkins and Gordon would be so much to handle. You know Hoyer can get them the ball too.

I heard we also trying to pick up Ben Tate from the Texans. Get us a decent running back. Would like to see us take Hyde as well.

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
@Remy Le Breh

You're right, its shaping up to be Hoyer. This Schaub/Grossman stuff makes me sick though. Say we sign Schaub and draft Carr/McCarron/Murray/Boyd.....it's a QB competition between Hoyer and Schaub. In Schaub's mind he's coming here to be the starter, so if he beats out Hoyer it would make me very pessimistic. We know Schaub is a stop gap, there's nothing to figure out about him and Hoyer would be moved back to the bench.

My argument for Bridgewater/Manziel at 4 is based off of developing a player from the ground up with talent around him from the jump. If you put a young guy in a positive situation with a solid defense supporting him, he can flourish. He won't learn what its like to play with the odds stacked against him. There's actually talent here now.

I do think Gordon/Watkins/Edelman/Cameron is a dynamite receiving corps, but I don't want Schaub anywhere near this team. Why complicate it if we think Hoyer can ball? In my mind it'd be much safer to draft a more talented QB at the top than to sign Schaub and potentially have him win the job. If sh1t goes bad in the latter situation, then you're bringing Hoyer back in to save the season again. What happens if Hoyer can't keep it together either? It's the Browns, you have to consider that if something has the potential to go wrong, it will. Those QBs going in the middle rounds are projected there for a reason. That means they need more development and TIME to develop than the impact QBs at the top.

Draft a QB high until you find the right one. We gotta stop signing guys like Schaub and Grossman. It's Delhomme,Campbell,Garcia all over again. Get the young guy right away and keep Hoyer as the backup.

QuarterCenturyLegend

Stoopid Life
Daps
Reppin
Cleveland
You're right, its shaping up to be Hoyer. This Schaub/Grossman stuff makes me sick though. Say we sign Schaub and draft Carr/McCarron/Murray/Boyd.....it's a QB competition between Hoyer and Schaub. In Schaub's mind he's coming here to be the starter, so if he beats out Hoyer it would make me very pessimistic. We know Schaub is a stop gap, there's nothing to figure out about him and Hoyer would be moved back to the bench.

My argument for Bridgewater/Manziel at 4 is based off of developing a player from the ground up with talent around him from the jump. If you put a young guy in a positive situation with a solid defense supporting him, he can flourish. He won't learn what its like to play with the odds stacked against him. There's actually talent here now.

I do think Gordon/Watkins/Edelman/Cameron is a dynamite receiving corps, but I don't want Schaub anywhere near this team. Why complicate it if we think Hoyer can ball? In my mind it'd be much safer to draft a more talented QB at the top than to sign Schaub and potentially have him win the job. If sh1t goes bad in the latter situation, then you're bringing Hoyer back in to save the season again. What happens if Hoyer can't keep it together either? It's the Browns, you have to consider that if something has the potential to go wrong, it will. Those QBs going in the middle rounds are projected there for a reason. That means they need more development and TIME to develop than the impact QBs at the top.

Draft a QB high until you find the right one. We gotta stop signing guys like Schaub and Grossman. It's Delhomme,Campbell,Garcia all over again. Get the young guy right away and keep Hoyer as the backup.

To keep it brief, the vet is only coming in to help speed up the knowledge of Kyle's system, that's why we would target him. The latest from the Texans is they're not cutting Schaub as they want him to mentor their young QB so that's a plus

Remy LeBreh

Linconia
Daps
Reppin
CLB/CLE/ALB

My sentiments exactly :myman:
Damn near word for word:to:. Getting some other teams cast-off qb would just be perpetuating the same cycle that we've seen in the past. I would love to draft a WR high and further establish our receiving core, but to look towards the future and build a long term successful team we need a young qb behind Hoyer, who I'm not sold on anyway. Grossman would be a good backup, but Schaub would be the same band-aid quarterback we've seen repeatedly in Cleveland.

Microfracture

Real G's move in silence
Daps
Reppin
Knees
To keep it brief, the vet is only coming in to help speed up the knowledge of Kyle's system, that's why we would target him. The latest from the Texans is they're not cutting Schaub as they want him to mentor their young QB so that's a plus

That would mean the Texans are gonna draft a QB after all?

I just think Schaub does more harm than good even if he knows Shannahans system. He fell the fukk apart with the Texans and he had Johnson and Hopkins. We either need to give the keys to Hoyer or a rookie QB right away. I dunno if I can sit through watching another washed up veteran run a season into the ground again.