New York's affordable housing lottery is open, with 1 bedroom apartments going for as low as 2.8K

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Don't get what's so fly about NY now. The burbian transplants ruined NYC for real. Folks giving up space and quiet time to live in noise and overcrowding. :lolbron:

Last edited:

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC

How alot of uptown buppies living, with mommy and daddy paying most if not all of the rent byway of refinancing. But when that recession hit and that equity/value ain't the same

giphy.gif

BezO

Highbrow
Daps
Reppin
NYC -> DC
Uhhh I don't think you can really afford $900 a month rent when you're making $36,000 a year. After taxes and utilities...
My 2nd apartment ever (not in NY) was $7XX/mo and I was makin' mid-upper 20s. Bought a used car in cash (from NY), happy hours every Friday, women, tree...

Don't get what's so fly about NY now. The burbian transplants ruined NYC for real. Folks giving up space and quiet time to live in noise and overcrowding. :lolbron:
Financial opportunity & culture.

And I'd say the city has improved in many ways due to gentrification. The only negatives I see are that the majority of folks that can't afford to enjoy the improvements look like me, and the influx of chain stores.

BaileyPark31

Love, Peace, Health, and Wealth
Daps
Reppin
The Keystone State
A friend of mine wants to move to NYC. She just showed me an ad for a building with lofts starting at 2800, 1bd 3500, and 2bd 4800.

It has a rooftop pool, big gym, media room, a restaurant, a grass deck , and most of the apartments (not lofts) have a huge terrace ( like 1000 sq ft).

Its in Brooklyn. It looks really nice but it would kill me paying that much $ for such a small apartment

:francis:

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
My 2nd apartment ever (not in NY) was $7XX/mo and I was makin' mid-upper 20s. Bought a used car in cash (from NY), happy hours every Friday, women, tree...

Financial opportunity & culture.

And I'd say the city has improved in many ways due to gentrification. The only negatives I see are that the majority of folks that can't afford to enjoy the improvements look like me, and the influx of chain stores.

I don't think it's like that at all. Most of these folks literally are working check to check to stay in NYC and on top of all that, they can't afford that shyt which is why they either are doing all sorts of shyt to get money or getting help from their parents. Makes no sense. It's quite common to hear folks with roommates 6 or 5 roommates or a roommate. These are usually burbian transplants that probably don't know what it's like to rent an apartment. Getting robbed by landlords

intruder

SOHH Class of 2003 and CASUAL sports fan
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Love
If you making $36,000 a year Your paychecks every two weeks are less than $1,000 after taxes. That put you in a position where u are able to pay $900 because you sacrifice but that doesn't mean you can afford it.

Two different things

DPresidential

The Coli's Ralph Ellison
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Old Brooklyn
This affordable housing push irks me so much; my fukking blood boils when I think about it.

You have all of these politicians who talk big about the victories of affordable housing when affordable housing essentially means:
  • You are crossing your fingers to get into a lottery. Thus, rent control rules begin to beef up the rent costs of non-affordable housing apts.
  • The combination of the limited mid level and lower housing being developed + the influx of luxury condos and apt buildings going up further suffocates the available homes for the majority of city dwellers who want to put down roots in the City.
  • All of this creates a disheartening situation for those professionals and blue collar workers who have been financially stable enough to finally own a home but can't afford the insane pricing increases of homes.
  • The amount of hard working families that just want to own their home and create property wealth for their families are going to continue to exodus out of NY.

I know there are good intentions but these liberal politicians get be heated as fukk when they can't take a step back and consider "affordable housing" might be contributing to the problem.

Sad shyt.

Jews gonna win that. They have a lock on those housing lotteries
I'm speaking purely anecdotedly, but I disagree.

I live in Fort Greene, Brooklyn - luckily I own a co-op that my parents bought back in 81 when Fort Greene was in terrible shape. I see the development and I see the affordable housing lotteries - I've never seen the hasidic or jewish enclaves pushing into these housing lotteries.

They have their own enclaves that they concentrate in. These affordable housing policies are new developments that go up in newly developing areas. It's mostly millennial professionals that are getting these places.

BezO

Highbrow
Daps
Reppin
NYC -> DC
I don't think it's like that at all. Most of these folks literally are working check to check to stay in NYC and on top of all that, they can't afford that shyt which is why they either are doing all sorts of shyt to get money or getting help from their parents. Makes no sense. It's quite common to hear folks with roommates 6 or 5 roommates or a roommate. These are usually burbian transplants that probably don't know what it's like to rent an apartment. Getting robbed by landlords
I can't call your perspective. Folks I know in NY are either gettin' money, on their way, or happy to live off the system. The only folks I know considering an exit have young children they want to raise elsewhere.

Folks move to NY for a reason. Tansplants are comin' for opportunity, sacrificin' in the short term.

And I acknowledged that there are some folks who the city is not for. If you don't have a plan to take advantage of the financial opportunities or you're not willin' to live off the system, it's probably not for you.

If you making $36,000 a year Your paychecks every two weeks are less than $1,000 after taxes. That put you in a position where u are able to pay $900 because you sacrifice but that doesn't mean you can afford it.

Two different things
Then they're doin' it wrong. That's a 33%+ tax bracket. Itemize and adjust those exemptions!

YamakaSmacker

Banned
Daps
Thank god my grandparents here in L.A. left me they house all paid for..

similar to this..and broke nikkas or nikkas trying to fake live telling me to sell it.. FOH

facades-houses-roof-tiles-15.jpg
I'm leaving all my real estate to my kids(if I ever decide to ruin my life and have some)
Good for you breh. Never sell prime real estate if you don't have to