New York's affordable housing lottery is open, with 1 bedroom apartments going for as low as 2.8K

ogc163

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bronx, NYC

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I can't call your perspective. Folks I know in NY are either gettin' money, on their way, or happy to live off the system. The only folks I know considering an exit have young children they want to raise elsewhere.

Folks move to NY for a reason. Tansplants are comin' for opportunity, sacrificin' in the short term.

And I acknowledged that there are some folks who the city is not for. If you don't have a plan to take advantage of the financial opportunities or you're not willin' to live off the system, it's probably not for you.

Then they're doin' it wrong. That's a 33%+ tax bracket. Itemize and adjust those exemptions!

All I'm saying is moving to the cities from the suburbs is backwards. How does someone go from living in a family house in a nice area to living in an apartment in the city? At least be the only person living in that spot and that place is in a nice area. Hope it's benefitting whoever is doing it because from what I'm seeing, folks are wasting their time.

And that recession is coming. There's gonna be a lot of people leaving NYC this year broke as fukk. All this gentrification about to come to a screeching halt.

zayk35

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Escondido California
In all the major metro areas housing is insane.....we bought in 2010 out here in S.D. for 200k...now our house is worth over 450k...but we ain't going nowhere...fuk that

Rockstar Mom

PhatGurlSwag
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn!!!!!

Gold

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
In all the major metro areas housing is insane.....we bought in 2010 out here in S.D. for 200k...now our house is worth over 450k...but we ain't going nowhere...fuk that

Whereabouts?

I'm actually house shopping in SD

Heretic

GOLDGANG...
Daps
Reppin
Alabama
What's the damn appeal of the South?:dahell:

it isn't for everyone but for 2800/mo you could build a mansion damn near and have more than enough home if you spent less than half of that. Plus you could use that extra money and save it or travel or whatever you want. The pay disparity isn't that big like most would have you believe, but lots of people do like that city life. If that's what you like, I'd suggest Dallas, Houston or Atlanta and imo definitely on par with any other big city. Nashville, Memphis, are nice too and Birmingham is growing but it's still just a midsize city, but plenty to do, but again it's definitely not NY.

To me it boils down to this, if you're from the south you most likely like it, if not, you more than likely have to just visit and get out if you haven't been.

88m3

Fast Money & Foreign Objects
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn
reading comprehension on this website is atrocious

JamilALAmin

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, GA
I don't think it's like that at all. Most of these folks literally are working check to check to stay in NYC and on top of all that, they can't afford that shyt which is why they either are doing all sorts of shyt to get money or getting help from their parents. Makes no sense. It's quite common to hear folks with roommates 6 or 5 roommates or a roommate. These are usually burbian transplants that probably don't know what it's like to rent an apartment. Getting robbed by landlords

Some folks would tough it out for a little bit, knowing they only gonna stay for a few years. For the experience of it but mainly because that shyt looks good on your resume for the corporate folks. it’s a lot easier to negotiate a higher salary coming from there. It’s not for me but I understand it, and it makes sense if that’s what you want to do.

• Dap
Reactions: Dip

Pazzy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Some folks would tough it out for a little bit, knowing they only gonna stay for a few years. For the experience of it but mainly because that shyt looks good on your resume for the corporate folks. it’s a lot easier to negotiate a higher salary coming from there. It’s not for me but I understand it, and it makes sense if that’s what you want to do.

Thats true. I stay hearing folks moving into NYC and coming back with nothing. The funny part is that there's a lot of people basically doing the same shyt so it's way too competitive. All that networking and etc, yet they could do what they do at home with the help of the Internet so don't know man. I guess it works with certain occupations like in the tech industry or wall street/banker jobs. I do see that NYC has a lot of artists or people that want to be in the entertainment business which that's like pointless especially in certain parts where there's hipsters.