Not having a wife is so depressing. How do #GMB COLI posters deal?

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Nagging, criticism or feeling let down by your other half are just some of the triggers for dissatisfaction with marriage

After years of advice from experts telling us that marriage helps keep us happy, healthy and longer-lived, a study has found that it can also lead to depression.

Being nagged or criticised or feeling let down by your other half are just some of the triggers for dissatisfaction with marriage found by psychologists in the US.

Those who suffer long-term stress within the relationship are more unlikely to enjoy the positive aspects of being married – a hallmark of depression.

It is not necessarily good news for time-pressed parents and workers, but meditation may be one option to help beat such negative effects, the report concluded.

The long-term study looked at couples after 11 years of marriage and measured how often they frowned. Richard Davidson, professor of psychology and psychiatry at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, said its findings shed light on what made some people more vulnerable.

“This is not an obvious consequence of marital stress, but it’s one I think is extraordinarily important,” he said.

“This is the signature of an emotional style that reveals vulnerability to depression.”

Previous research has shown that married people are, in general, happier and healthier than single people. But marriage can also be one of the most significant sources of long-lasting social stress.

The researchers examined chronic marital stress to test how common daily triggers may lead to depression and similar conditions. Married volunteers were tested at the beginning of the research and again after nine and 11 years.

Marriage can cause depression, study finds

Daps
Husbands and/or wives in marriages with a lot of tension, disagreement or arguments are 10 to 25 times more likely to experience depression than people who are unmarried or in collaborative marriages

How To Prevent Your Marriage From Making You Depressed
you just proved my point. they aren't depressed just because they are married, they are depressed because they are in marriages that are not working. that doesn't mean that people experience depression simply because they are married.

People in here talking about marriage making a man/woman happier but don't look at the other side of the coin when it leads to depression. Depression is observed much higher statistically in married couples than unmarried couples.

It is a mystery

Tory Lanez Stan
Daps
Tiger aint been the same since his wife left him he is a shell of himself

Kobe was out here fukking hoes in the ass raw and almost got took for everything in a divorce

Tony parker was out here in these streets cheating

These are terrible examples
No they are great examples
Tiger is a shell of his former self because he has no wife to cheat on

Kobe is still with his wife I think

Tony Parker was also out here also winning championships with the spurs 2 years ago

Not seeing the problem here tbh

Koba St

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I think it's funny that people who don't have sh*t and probably don't have the ambition to ever have sh*t are the most concerned with someone "taking half their stuff."

:mjlol:

Some of these people are down to eff a chick raw and potentially change their destiny by having kids with a thot, but marriage? "Naw breh, that's too risky." :facepalm:

If you are a real one and you find a real one she's going to make you a much better person over time. She's going to have your back, advise you well, cook for you, raise your children. If you were to pay a staff for all that it would cost 200k + a year. Plus if you're willing to commit to her long term there are a slew of tax incentives that will have you saving money if you get married.

But so many of y'all chase a big butt and a smile an wonder "why she hurt you." Y'all carrying scorpions on your back wondering why you got stung.

Y'all brehs be getting hurt by a basic bxtch and now you don't trust women anymore.

:smh::smh::smh:

Do your research, choose better, and be a black man of excellence that is worthy of the caliber of women you seek.

#GMB is circle jerk for brehs who are bitter about some female from their past.
Stfu

benjamin

Veteran
Daps
It's sad...I wish I had a soulmate

But fukk it....we all gonna die alone anyway

No such thing as soul mates. You got 2 different types of people, those that know their role and those that dont..i dont care how compatible u are with a woman, if she dont know her role your home will fold and so will the marriage..marriage aint easy but it has its benefits..

On the flip side, nothing wrong with singleness...the single man can do what i cant and vice versa...

The Odum of Ala Igbo

Hail Biafra!
Daps
Reppin
The Republic of Biafra
As expected, team #GMB swiftly came in here hating. Let's expose some LIES

"People who are married are sad and broken :(:(:(" - GMB
Yea ok, lets look at some examples
Tiger Woods
tiger-woods.jpg

Golf CHAMPION
made the sport that people used to treat their insomnia with relevant on a global scale
Happy

Kobe Byrant
i

NBA Hall of famer
Dropped 81 points on a bytch
Half of the human population bought his jersey for his last game on some give us your energy :preach: tip
Happy

Tony Parker
3527.png

NBA CHAMPION
Obvious future hall of famer
French man who makes every play look fancy and finessed like Claude Monet painting hanged up at the Louvre
Happy as pharell music

Now what do they have in common? Pretty much nothing at all except they have wives
wives who they can depend on no matter if the espn says lebron is the GOAT
wives who they can form a union with
wives who they can cheat on relentlessly

Are you winning like those cats? Chances are you aren't. I'm not either :lupe:
Let's go get wives brehs!!!

Lol, people on the Coli comparing themselves to millionaire athletes

Kane1

Superstar
Daps
So you're from a different generation. Trust me if you were born 10 or so years later you'd be agreeing with me.

If you say so....doesn't change the fact that if you put in work to find a strong women to be your wife and partner then you'll be doing better then most :francis:

Can people still break up and the dude get taken for half.....sure. But everyone I know (young and old) that really set a high standard for their selves and their lady tend to have a strong and lasting relationship. But then I see dusty ass ladies/men getting into messed up relationships then blaming 'marriage' for all the problems :usure:

FukyourFort

All Star
Daps
If people dont wanna be married then let them. STFU :manny:

Always trying to shame poeple into doing shyt like hoes. Most marriages dont work out so why yall acting suprised when people dont wanna do it? Leave em be

Atlrocafella

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta, Georgia
I'd like to have a wife, but I just can't trust these women, and a lot of them are broke, I just can't see myself giving away half my trap like she wrote half my raps.

Sean312

Banned
Daps
Reppin
Chicago IL
I use to think like that, until I found out these hos crazy. Got use to being by myself. Now I'm happy by myself. If you NEED someone around your probably mentally sick