NYT: What Reparations for Slavery Might Look Like in 2019

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
The article is informatuve but I think what they also should address is -including the corporations that have profited directly from slavery. There’s a whole other billion dollar industry as a result; so it’s not just the government who would be held accountable. In addition to the govt - corporations. But that would require civil lawsuits. Phillip Morris, Altria, Reynolds, (big tobacco) , the cotton industry, medical companies (used bodies for testing and experimentation) , car companies, farming , etc both in the North and South.

The government =reparations + corporate entities = retribution +both = restoration

I agree - but it should be in addition too - and that is something that ADOS members should do on our own. We have to start addressing that at our meet-ups and place on our agendas in our ADOS discords, forums, etc.

For instance, I am working on my paternal Grandfathers land -- when he died it went back to the same people who enslaved his grandparents and Great Grandparents, etc -- we all need to reach out to land deeds archives and look at those contracts and find out the details. We also needs to research the companies that we need to go after specifically.

I am trying to find the right person to ask on the best way to go about doing so -- so I can share and have it distributed and place on ADOS websites/forums.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
Glad there is an effort being made but the problem with this is, it isn't really based on what actually was loss.

Like, that 40 arces and mule wasn't shyt either.

I said this many times. I don't want nobody to cut me a settlement check. I need a continuous cash payment that is inherited by my descendants or whatever, that is based off the economy of the US. I need a piece if the GDP.

Slavery was a generational wealth extractor. It wasn't a one time event.

I have a feeling that the USA ain't gonna investigate and expose it's corporations to no lawsuits and take full responsibility and cut a check and make some programs that will shut down in 50 years and say they did enough.

All these reparations articles and statements by politicians seem to be trying to shape public opinion towards that way. All the non-ADOS supporters always talking about a check and some programs.

I been watching this conversation and it's always talking about a settlement and some programs.

If reparations happened, no ADOS person should have to work ever again. Like, you should get 50K a year and you just chill if you want.

I need ADOS privilege. We should be a leisure class. We need to be pampered.

The work is already been done, don't give me 20k and tell me there is a business loan program. That shyt ain't what generational slave labor is worth my guy.

Don't agree on 40 acres and a mule. Do you know what 40 acres is worth in the South -- and the millions made off of those acres yearly.

My paternal Grannie had 2 acres and she died with none. Imagine if she had 40. This is in a small town in Alabama. I did a search on what it's worth now:

Land Value - $13,620 // Imp Value // - $191,150 // Total Marketable Value - $204,770

This one just one of numerous family members who died who had ownership. They can use if for Timber selling, real estate development, farming etc.

Amerikan Melanin

Veteran
Bushed
Daps
She was very objective for a white woman.

My plan is this:

250k per ADOS, mulattos that identify as black and Proven ADOS get % of money according to % of DNA.

Current loans, student and mortgages wiped away.

Guaranteed business loans

Guaranteed housing loans

Free college tuition including all advanced degrees

Free healthcare

ADOS pay no federal taxes for 100yrs

If that doesnt give us a quality restart I don’t know what will.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Adding this article from Forbes -
The Clear Connection Between Slavery And American Capitalism
There were a vast number of very obvious economic links between the slave plantations of the southern states and enterprises as well as other institutions in the northern states: Just think of all these New York and Boston merchants who traded in slave-grown goods. Or the textile industrialists of New England who processed vast quantities of slave-grown cotton. Or the bankers who financed the expansion of the plantation complex.

There are very many economic links between the southern plantation complex and the development of American and global capitalism, involving trade, industry, banking, insurance, shipping, and other industries. The most prominent link developed around cotton.

British and later U.S. capital financed the expansion of the slavery complex in the American South. Advancing credit was essential for southern planters to be able to purchase land and labor. Northern merchants, moreover, organized the shipment of cotton into global markets.

And of course northern manufacturers, along with their European counterparts, supplied plantations in the South with tools, textiles, and other goods that were necessary to maintain the plantation regime. Plantation slavery, far from being a retrograde system on its way to being ousted by industrial capitalism, saw a second flourishing in the 19th century in the wake of the industrial revolution. And in the United States, cotton was central to that “second slavery.”

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
Don't agree on 40 acres and a mule. Do you know what 40 acres is worth in the South -- and the millions made off of those acres yearly.

My paternal Grannie had 2 acres and she died with none. Imagine if she had 40. This is in a small town in Alabama. I did a search on what it's worth now:

Land Value - $13,620 // Imp Value // - $191,150 // Total Marketable Value - $204,770

This one just one of numerous family members who died who had ownership. They can use if for Timber selling, real estate development, farming etc.

Yeah but see that involves labor, labor has a cost.

I see slavery like this:

Slaves had skills, they were shipbuilders, ranchers, farmers, blacksmiths, shoemakers, preachers, nannies, entertainers and etc. Slaves were even loaned out to other people.
They weren't allowed to use any of these skills for their own financial gain. Also, many slaves died while working. Under a proper market-based wage system, every hour of your day money forgone. So if a master killed a slave or maimed a slave, that's money forgone.

I don't need money just for the products of their labor, I need money for their skills and missed opportunities and the abuses they suffered. Let's not forget the savings they provided via free labor - I need money for that too. They weren't just laborers, they were vehicles of wealth. They were like purchasing a robot today to do something, on top of being like a stock. So they missed out on their own price for their life. The slaves built Wall-Street, it was a slave market before it was a place for stocks and bonds.

Somebody needs to go calculate that and the amount of GDP that they contributed to the USA economy and how much a slave was worth depending on their skills, also what they were traded for on the open market as a financial instrument and come back with a number. Then with that number we add in pain and suffering because trauma fukks with your genetics and we inherited some bad shyt because of what those crackers did.

(We ain't even talking about 200 years of Jim Crow, that's money too.)

All I am saying is, don't let these White folk promoting and championing reparations, trick ADOS people into thinking that they just need get a lump sum of money and some programs based off of like the average price of a slave or whatever. That was basically what 40 arcs and mule was plus the freedman bureau was and that wasn't enough.

Giving a slave that worked all of his or her life for White folk, some land and tell them go work on it as reparations, some cruel shyt in my opinion. What should've happened was, slaves get their masters shyt and masters are forced off their land and have their wealth taken and they start over. That would be proper compensation.

Just like giving ADOS some settlement money that ain't even enough individually to pay off our debt that we incurred because we inherited nothing and telling us to go use some of these programs to start a business is some cruel shyt.

ADOS people, if reparations are done properly, shouldn't have to do anything if you don't want to. Like, we, individually, should be set for life. While everybody else gotta go to work and scrape and crawl in this world, we should be chilling. Because slaves had skills and opportunities that were used to enrich the country and slave owners. Theoretically, there is no settlement or program can make up for that now. In practically, only thing that can make up for that, is that we, as their descendants, inherit all of their loss opportunities and we are free to do what we want because we are set for life.

All this shyt everybody got is ours. Non-ADOS people just don't know it yet. But it is ours.

Last edited:

Blessings

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The article is informatuve but I think what they also should address is -including the corporations that have profited directly from slavery. There’s a whole other billion dollar industry as a result; so it’s not just the government who would be held accountable. In addition to the govt - corporations. But that would require civil lawsuits. Phillip Morris, Altria, Reynolds, (big tobacco) , the cotton industry, medical companies (used bodies for testing and experimentation) , car companies, farming , etc both in the North and South.

The government =reparations + corporate entities = retribution +both = restoration

don't forget the states and cities

AlainLocke

Banned
Daps
This threads always devolve into debates as there is no consensus.

Why would there be a consensus right now?

This shyt is gonna be settled decades from now. This is just the ground work.

--------------

Anyway to put reparations into perspective of miss opportunities.

My slavemaster ancestor have an entire town named after him.

On top of that, some members of that family own a construction company in that town today.

This is the type of simple shyt we missed out on by coming from slaves.

Black descendants of that family don't own anything in that town. They have nice fun reunions though with their white cousins though.

Last edited:

Hawaiian Punch

umop-apisdn
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The I in Team
Well I think the question is how much should it be? I’m not eligible but I support it. The thing is with 30 million people being eligible how much can you give without the amount being perceived as astronomical? Say if you give $80,000 to each person that’s like $2.4 trillion. Is it half that? A quarter that? Does giving $20,000 fix a lot? Should the money go into a trust that has quarterly disbursements? :manny:

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG
Smh, sometimes its better to just not say anything at all :snoop:

Anyway props to the ados movement for getting the discussion going, way overdue
If you go back and learn about him he was actually an agent, trained by the CIA and was often positioned as a foil and Malcolm X :francis:

He knew exactly what he was doing when he said that shyt

ORDER_66

The Fire Rises 2023
Daps
Reppin
Queens,NY

They NEVER ever name the now billion dollar corporations that started off slavery...:birdman: fukking pisses me off...

Hoodoo Child

The Urban Legend
Daps
Reppin
The Crossroads
She was very objective for a white woman.

My plan is this:

250k per ADOS, mulattos that identify as black and Proven ADOS get % of money according to % of DNA.

Current loans, student and mortgages wiped away.

Guaranteed business loans

Guaranteed housing loans

Free college tuition including all advanced degrees

Free healthcare

ADOS pay no federal taxes for 100yrs

If that doesnt give us a quality restart I don’t know what will.
I dig this :ehh:

And hopefully by time the checks clear, we'll have our very own Central bank to keep our new capital.

Last edited: