xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
you got a link? so I can start from there

edit: i foudn one

The Freedmen's Bureau Online

Great site as well. You can look at some of the cases too. And see if you recognize any names. It's a VERY sad site. And some of the accounts are sickening. So, be prepared.

Examples: Freedmen's Bureau List of Murders in the Dist. of Alabama 1866 | The Freedmen's Bureau Online

List of Murders in the Dist. of Alabama 1866

1. Freedman killed in Sumter County, January.
  2. Freedman killed in Russell County, February.
  3. Freedman killed near West Point, March.
  4. Freedman killed with an axe in Butler County. Three freedmen killed by two brothers in Shelby County, April.
  5. Freedman killed in Montgomery County, April. Freedman & freedwoman killed, thrown into a well in Jefferson Co., April.
  6. Freedman killed for refusing to sign a contract, Sumter Co., May. Freedman killed in Butler Co., clubbed, April.
  7. Freedman found hung by a grapevine in woods near Tuscaloosa, May.
  8. Freed girl beaten to death by two white men near Tuscaloosa, July.
  9. Freedman murdered between Danville & Somerville.
  10. Freedman shot dead while at his usual work, near Tuscaloosa, Sept.
  11. Freedman killed in Pike County, Sept.
  12. Negro murdered near Claiborne, Alabama, June.
  13. Freedman brought to hospital in Montgomery, shot through the head by unknown parties - died in few hours, Dec.
  14. Freedman murdered in Montgomery City, Jan. '67.
District of Alabama, 1866

Jan. 4 - Bob Foreman cut at Union Springs.

Jan. 2 - Alfred killed in Sumter County.

Febry. 14 - Richard killed in Russell County near Columbus, Ga.

March - Freedman killed near West Point.

March - Bradley killed freedwoman with an axe. Montgy.

March - Guard fired on & driven off when attempting to arrest the murderer, Butler Co.

April 3 - Woman taken by three men out of her house in middle of night to swamp & badly whipped - beaten on head with pistol &c.

April - Freedman killed near Saw Mill near Montgomery.

April 27 - Freedman shot by Confed. Soldier wantonly near Livingston, Sumter Co.

May 7 - Moore taken to woods & hung till nearly dead to make him tell who robbed a store, at Tuscaloosa.

May 29 - Colored man killed by Lucian Jones for refusing to sign contract, in upper part of Sumter Co.

May 30 - Mulatto hung by grapevine near roadside between Tuscaloosa & Greensboro.

May 29 - Richard dikk's wife beaten with club by her employer. Richard remonstrated - in the night was taken from his house and whipped nearly to death with a buggy trace by son of the employer & two others.

June 16 - Mr. Alexander, colored preacher, brutally beaten & forced to leave his house at Auburn, Ala.

July - Band armed men came to house of Eliz. Adams, threatened to kill her & her sister if they did not leave the county, abused & beat them. (illegible) Franklin & (illegible) started to report outrage, not heard from afterward.

July 16 - Black girl beaten to death by Washington and Greene McKinney, 18 miles west of Tuscaloosa.

July 23 - White man named Cook murdered a Negro between Danville & Somerville.

Sept. 14 - Black man picking fodder in a field shot dead -- & another who had difficulty with a white man abducted & supposed to have been murdered near Tuscaloosa.

Sept. 3 - Murderous assault upon returned black Union soldier in Blount Co.

Sept. 12 - Assault & firing upon a freedman in Greenville.

Dec. 18 - R. S. Lee of Butler Co. brutally assaulted a freedwoman of Sumner.

Dec. 18 - Same man assaulted with intent to kill Peter Golston, freedman.

Dec. 18 - Wm. Lee, son of above shot Morris Golston on 10th December.

Dec. 17 - Enoch Hicks & party burned school house in Greenville in Sumner - assaulted Union soldier &c. Judge Bragg & son mercilessly beat wife & daughter of James, freedman & drew pistol on James. Kell Forrest beat wife of colored man George.

July 16 - Mrs. Prus beat Eve & her children. Henry Calloway beat freedwoman Nancy with buck, wounding her severely in the head. J. Howard & nephew beat & shot at Frank. Jno. Black attempted to kill Jim Sneethen with an axe. Jack McLeonard whipped his freedwoman mercilessly. Lee Davidson tied freedwoman up by wrists & beat her severely. Frank Pinkston cutting freedman Alfred with knife. Louisa's husband murdered by unknown white man.

July 26 - Jno. Dunn beat freedwoman severely - trial a farce. Jas. Pryor, 8 miles from Greenville, assaulted freedman & committed outrage on a freedwoman.

July 18 - One Yerby set fire to colored chc. Near Tuscaloosa, threatened to kill black man who saw him do it.

June - Negro murdered by one Humphreys residing near Claiborne, Ala. Miss. J. B. Peck, Wetumpka, reports outrages on a family of freedmen by one Jennings.

August - Gang of ruffians in Clarke Co. set fire to house & fired on family as they ran from it - one killed, two wounded.

February 1866 - Freedwoman beaten with club by her employer near Selma, head cut in most shocking manner.

June 1866 - Freedman shot while at his usual work by his employer for threatening to report his abusive conduct to the authorities of the Bureau - Mobile.

June 1866 - Freedwoman severely burned by a Policeman while in the guard house - Montgomery.

July 1866 - Demopolis, colored boy 13 years old struck violent blow in eye with club in hand of his employer.

Sept. 1866 - Demopolis, freedwoman wounded in arms, head by heavy club in hands of her employer.

Sept. 1866 - Freedwoman wounded in hand by violence from her employer Wm. Robinson.

Sept. 1866 - James Thompson, frme., severe wounds on breast & side by knife in hands Dormer Thomas.

December 1866 - Freedman killed by parties unknown, brought to hospital in dying condition, shot through brain.

January 25 - Freedwoman stabbed by Ballard six miles below Montgomery.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
Yeah but see that involves labor, labor has a cost.

I see slavery like this.

Slaves had skills, they were shipbuilders, ranchers, farmers, blacksmiths, shoemakers, preachers, nannies, entertainers and etc. Slaves were even loaned out to other people.

They weren't allowed to use any of these skills for their own financial gain. Also, many slaves died while working. Under a proper market-based wage system, every hour of your day money forgone. So if a master killed a slave, beat a slave, maimed a slave, that's money forgone.

I don't need money just for the products of their labor, I need money for their skills and missed opportunities and the abuses they suffered. Let's not forget the savings they provided via free labor.

They weren't just laborers, they were vehicles of wealth. They were like purchasing a robot today to do something, on top of being like a stock. So they missed out on their own price for their life. The slaves built Wall-Street.

Somebody needs to go calculate that and the amount of GDP that they contributed to the USA economy and how much a slave was worth depending on their skills, also what they were traded for on the open market as a stock instrument and come back with a number. Then with that number we add in pain and suffering because trauma fukks with your genetics and we inherited some bad shyt because of what those crackers did.

All I am saying is, don't let these White folk promoting and championing reparations, trick ADOS people into thinking that they just need get a lump sum of money and some programs. That was basically what 40 arcs and mule was plus the freedman bureau was and that wasn't enough.

Giving a slave that worked all of his or her life for White folk, some land and tell them go work on it as reparations, some cruel shyt in my opinion. What should've happened was, slaves get their masters shyt and masters are forced off their land and have their wealth taken and they start over.

Just like giving ADOS some settlement money that ain't even enough individually to pay off our debt that we incurred because we inherited nothing and telling us to go use some of these programs to start a business is some cruel shyt.

ADOS people, if reparations are done properly, shouldn't have to do anything if you don't want to. Like, we, individually, should be set for life. While everybody else gotta go to work and scrape and crawl in this world, we should be chilling. Because slaves had skills and opportunities that were used to enrich the country and slave owners. Theoretically, there is no settlement or program can make up for that. In practically, only thing that can make up for that, is that we, as their descendants, inherit all of their loss opportunities and we are free to do what we want because we are set for life.

All this shyt everybody got is ours. Non-ADOS people just don't know it yet. But it is ours.

Yes there was a reason why they came and got our ancestors, not just anyone could do the shyt they needed them to do.

Our families are owed restitution for the land we paid cash for that they violently stole

Daps
The article said Obama wasn't eligible....but technically his white mom was a descendant of one of the earliest brehs enslaved in the U.S. (John Punch).

I'm thinking, free college and erasure of student loan debt...free healthcare, some kind of lump sum of cash plus anything else we can negotiate.

The actual payout-related stuff is easy-ish. Determining who gets what might be more difficult. Does a biracial or 1/4 black person from a well to do family deserve as much as a Gullah or Geechee from SC with damn near 0% Euro blood? What about someone whose ancestors were slaves but escaped long before the end of slavery. The Rock's dad is Black Nova Scotian and the brehs up there got to NS by running away.

Whatever happens, it would be awesome to see me and my people prosper from the unending toil and sacrifice our ancestors made on our behalf.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
The article said Obama wasn't eligible....but technically his white mom was a descendant of one of the earliest brehs enslaved in the U.S. (John Punch).

I'm thinking, free college and erasure of student loan debt...free healthcare, some kind of lump sum of cash plus anything else we can negotiate.

The actual payout-related stuff is easy-ish. Determining who gets what might be more difficult. Does a biracial or 1/4 black person from a well to do family deserve as much as a Gullah or Geechee from SC with damn near 0% Euro blood? What about someone whose ancestors were slaves but escaped long before the end of slavery. The Rock's dad is Black Nova Scotian and the brehs up there got to NS by running away.

Whatever happens, it would be awesome to see me and my people prosper from the unending toil and sacrifice our ancestors made on our behalf.

True -- but under Darity's eligibility recommendations -- his mother would have had to be classified on Census and Gov records as Black/Negro -- and we know she is White.

William A. Darity Jr., an economist at Duke University and a leading scholar on reparations, suggests two qualifying conditions: having at least one ancestor who was enslaved in the United States, and having identified oneself as African-American on a legal document for at least a decade before the approval of any reparations. The 10-year rule, he said, would help screen out anyone trying to cash in on a windfall.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
Nope -- they are just presenting different ways. Cash is mentioned -- but Darity is recommending much more -- and long-term.
The moment you mention cash payout, you immediately lose cacs...:snoop:
Unfortunately there’s a large contingency of ADOS that dont realize you need cac support to pass any form of legislation in this country. We should really move away from the “fukk you, pay me” approach.

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
Cash payout? :snoop:

Ideally not so simplified.

Companies making profit on stolen land however should be held accountable to the families it actually belongs to. Stipends, credit, shareholding, college ON THEIR DIME.. or sell it back

EDIT: not sell it back but pay full value for the land or turn it over

That’s one of my ideal solutions

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
Ideally not so simplified.

Companies making profit on stolen land however should be held accountable to the families it actually belongs to. Stipends, credit, shareholding, college ON THEIR DIME.. or sell it back

EDIT: not sell it back but pay full value for the land or turn it over

That’s one of my ideal solutions
You aren’t wrong, but cacs will never go for it... and worse will use it to sink the whole ship.
I’d really hate to see us squander this momentum chasing a check.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
You aren’t wrong, but cacs will never go for it... and worse will use it to sink the whole ship.
I’d really hate to see us squander this momentum chasing a check.

Not just a check though. And "Cacs" and some non-Cacs don't want anything for ADOS. Including Emancipation and Civil Rights -- we have to stop worrying about what they don't want.

DEAD7

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Fresno, CA.
Not just a check though. And "Cacs" and some non-Cacs don't want anything for ADOS. Including Emancipation and Civil Rights -- we have to stop worrying about what they don't want.
Almost all cacs are against a payout. Even progressives cacs like Sanders who marched with King are publicly saying it doesn’t make sense.
If DNC front runners are shytting on it, you dont have to ponder where republicans stand.
shyt is a non starter for cacs.

:mjlol:@ dont worry bout cacs.
ADOS are gonna pass this bill and sign it into law without cac support huh? Tell me more...

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
Almost all cacs are against a payout. Even progressives cacs like Sanders who marched with King are publicly saying it doesn’t make sense.
If DNC front runners are shytting on it, you dont have to ponder where republicans stand.
shyt is a non starter for cacs.

:mjlol:@ dont worry bout cacs.
You ADOS are gonna pass this bill and sign it into law without cac support huh? Tell me more...

Didn't say that - but not going to allow what "cacs" think - stop me from fighting for reparations.