NYT: What Reparations for Slavery Might Look Like in 2019

8WON6

The Great Negro
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Kansas City, MO.
on top of all this stuff, we need legal protections from the police. No more "well what I say goes" shyt. I would have it where you can't even take a black person to jail during a traffic/street stop, like mandatory court where people can have legal representation present. Shooting an unarmed black person would have an automatic base 20 year sentence. All kinds of protection to completely take away the police's power.

George's Dilemma

Banned
Supporter
Daps
This shyt is gonna be settled decades from now.

Well if that's the case:snooze: Considering the trajectory this country is on, I'm not sure reparations should be the modus operandi, especially if were talking decades from now. I'll be old or dead. Not gonna hijack this thread though. It's a good thread, good article posted.

Nicole0416_718_929_646212

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NYC and FBA Riverboat Retaliation
Well if that's the case:snooze: Considering the trajectory this country is on, I'm not sure reparations should be the modus operandi, especially if were talking decades from now. I'll be old or dead. Not gonna hijack this thread though. It's a good thread, good article posted.
It’s not just about us in the present. I have 2 kids, there’s generations after us, after them. if this sets a precedent and establishes economic security, increased equitable standing in a society to counter the restrictions placed on us today- (when I’m dead, gone and buried) -then I’ll put in the work now so they can benefit long term. Short term thinking is how we got here in the first place . It’s not just about us now.

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
on top of all this stuff, we need legal protections from the police. No more "well what I say goes" shyt. I would have it where you can't even take a black person to jail during a traffic/street stop, like mandatory court where people can have legal representation present. Shooting an unarmed black person would have an automatic base 20 year sentence. All kinds of protection to completely take away the police's power.
That’s all part of the program - realize that reparations are not just focused on racial wealth disparities- prison reform, education, law enforcement reform, poverty law etc

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
I agree - but it should be in addition too - and that is something that ADOS members should do on our own. We have to start addressing that at our meet-ups and place on our agendas in our ADOS discords, forums, etc.

For instance, I am working on my paternal Grandfathers land -- when he died it went back to the same people who enslaved his grandparents and Great Grandparents, etc -- we all need to reach out to land deeds archives and look at those contracts and find out the details. We also needs to research the companies that we need to go after specifically.

I am trying to find the right person to ask on the best way to go about doing so -- so I can share and have it distributed and place on ADOS websites/forums.
I have a family event coming up, I'm going to chat with my family concering , any land we own, what can we do., etc.

The ADOS movement seems to be effecting them and they seem to like it

My family has a history book on the family. Theres prolly some details left out but thats for us to work toward to.

Im going to bring this stuff up as I am there

The Prim Reaper
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
We also needs to research the companies that we need to go after specifically.
This is something that I have been focused on in this law group that I’m working with - tons of research and archives. There’s a conflict (if you get where I’m going, among the litigation and corporate law crowd) Definitely Has to be a closed door discussion not fot a message board but as far as identifying the complaints, companies and the detailed role that slavery played in their corporate policies and profit- needs to be posted and publicly available.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
I have a family event coming up, I'm going to chat with my family concering , any land we own, what can we do., etc.

The ADOS movement seems to be effecting them and they seem to like it

My family has a history book on the family. Theres prolly some details left out but thats for us to work toward to.

Im going to bring this stuff up as I am there
Also, check out the Freedmen's Bureau and state websites -- you may be able to find your families sharecropping agreements and contracts.

GrindtooFilthy

World Class SuperVillain
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA, CT, NH
#ADOS gang isn't getting reperations because yall aren't aggressive enough.

Seriously yall need to be cut throat and borderline dogmatic about it and tell every non-ADOS person to fukk off when time comes.

Pay attention to black people saying there should be no reperations they usually ACL

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
#ADOS gang isn't getting reperations because yall aren't aggressive enough.

Seriously yall need to be cut throat and borderline dogmatic about it and tell every non-ADOS person to fukk off when time comes.

Pay attention to black people saying there should be no reperations they usually ACL

I'll be that. Well, I kinda am. :smile:

It's not me -- but I'll continue to play the role until we get what we are owed.

And don't worry - we are starting to get more aggressive and becoming cut-throat daily.

xoxodede

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Michigan/Atlanta
you got a link? so I can start from there

edit: i foudn one

The Freedmen's Bureau Online

First, search land deeds in the states your ancestors lived.

Start here:

Search - BLM GLO Records

For example:

I'm Alabama -- so I also searched: Land Records | Alabama Secretary of State

and then my paternal county which is Bullock: Bullock Public GIS

Note: I put in all the surnames attached to me/my paternal last name(s) from my family tree.

For Freedman -- search United States, Freedmen's Bureau Labor Contracts, Indenture and Apprenticeship Records, 1865-1872 — FamilySearch.org -- this is work. It's going to take a min -- cause you have to go through each.