Kaydigi

Akatsuki
Supporter
Daps
They made this overly complicated for no reason , should have either shelved the series temporarily or recast the role.

He already “died” in the first movie and you had to deal with that fallout in the flick

And we gotta deal with again???

Can’t doubt Coog’s though we will see

QBN

All Star
Daps
A female Black Panther is horrible
I wouldn't go that far...yes she was BP in the comics for a short time but Marvel left themselves open to the backlash by saying they would not re-cast T'Challa. It seems like Marvel is hearing the backlash and while they won't say anything now, I would be shocked in we don't see a recast T'Challa in BP 3. This film will still do numbers, but long term I can't see Shuri carrying this franchise.

Bleed The Freak

Superstar
Daps
Mahershala Ali right now watching the trailer while his Blade debacle takes place at the same damn time

tumblr_inline_p7t5n8MGOc1v0z5dk_250.gifv

QBN

All Star
Daps
I'm sad Brehs :mjcry:.

I know Feige has mentioned the possibility for a recasting and it's looking like T'Challa is being written as moving on to the Astral Plane (maybe he has not).

As I have said before this would have been a perfect set up to hold recasting while concentrating on this particular Arc to have Shuri hold the mantel similar to The Deadliest of the Species.

But if they have completely decided to no longer have T'Challa in the MCU then how far can they really take this because to have such a significant character in Marvel and comic book history no longer be an actual active symbol in the MCU......

I don't know man....I don't know.:mjcry:

giphy.gif
See you nikkas on Day One....
Ha! You got me...well enjoy breh! I too will be a Day One....when it hits streaming :sas2:

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
I think they were making black panther a regal hero that works alone but this film looks like Shuri is capable BUT moves with a legit team now :ohhh:

Killah Ray

Carolina hail to thee....
Daps
I`m not even tripping on that per say, more so how the hell do you kill T'Challa and continue with the movie is my concern.
They were in a tough spot with that. Black Panther was obviously too popular to not do another one. And I think with Coogler at the helm everything was done in good faith.

Lannister

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
A movie about a whole African civilization and only got one nikka :dead:
Most of the nikkas dead or in jail :mjpls:

But BP never really had a lot of Black male characters in his main supporting cast to begin with at least consistently.

Apollo Creed

Look at your face
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Handsome Boyz Ent
They were in a tough spot with that. Black Panther was obviously too popular to not do another one. And I think with Coogler at the helm everything was done in good faith.

good faith often tends to ignore logical sense which is the issue.

They are being tasked with T'Challa getting out the paint, will he put up a fight? wakanda is the most advance nation on earth and cant save him? see what I mean, its going to be an uphill battle to set it up, get through it, etc. Because I don't think it's going to be in the back drop of the entire film (i.e. T'challa is fighting for his life the entire movie then dies and then we get what the trailers show as the climax).

VertigoKnight

Veteran
Daps
Marvel always knows how to put together a trailer or the company they hire to do them does. I’ve learnt not to get too excited about them. Dr Strange 2 and Thor:Love and Thunder had amazing trailers too, look how they turned out when we saw the actual movies.

But I was curious that a lot of these shots we’d seen already. It basically confirms most of that script leak. I imagine the reshoots probably changed a few small parts.

Most curious for me we got 2 secs of Shuri as Black Panther and a rather suspicious lack of dialogue scenes.

I’m expecting an OK movie not a great or rememberable one.

Seems far too many compromises have been made to not have to just recast.

It sucks this is the situation. With all the talk recently seems Feige is laying the groundwork for a recast. I think even they know this situation is now untenable and with 2 MCU movies in a row being pretty derided. To have a third one get that work as well. That would not be a good look at all.