nieman

Daps
Reppin
Philly
I wouldn't go that far...yes she was BP in the comics for a short time but Marvel left themselves open to the backlash by saying they would not re-cast T'Challa. It seems like Marvel is hearing the backlash and while they won't say anything now, I would be shocked in we don't see a recast T'Challa in BP 3. This film will still do numbers, but long term I can't see Shuri carrying this franchise.

Plus, MCU Shuri isn't Shuri from the comics, who was already a fighter...and eager to take over the BP mantle. That was her only creation. I think people would've been less up in arms if they had Okoye or even Lupita take over the mantle temporarily, while they recasted him for the 3rd. No comic book fans want to see this particular Shuri go up against Namor. He'd chew her up and spit her out without breaking a sweat...and that's if he even bothered to pay attention to her. OR they can nerf Namor which will make the movie even worst.
Looks like Namor is gonna flood Wakanda like he did during Avengers vs X-Men.

I kinda wished they kept the fur collar on the Shuri BP suit like in the comics

images

black-panther-v5-8-2009.jpeg

latest
This was the Shuri I became a fan of, even though she's no longer that. She was always out to prove herself, in over her head some of the times, but still a great fighter and strategist. I've been re-reading some of her BP arc...at least the minis, since I don't feel like diggin out the rest. I wish they had found a way to keep her around

Scustin Bieburr

Baby baybee baybee UUUGH
Daps
Marvel always knows how to put together a trailer or the company they hire to do them does. I’ve learnt not to get too excited about them. Dr Strange 2 and Thor:Love and Thunder had amazing trailers too, look how they turned out when we saw the actual movies.

But I was curious that a lot of these shots we’d seen already. It basically confirms most of that script leak. I imagine the reshoots probably changed a few small parts.

Most curious for me we got 2 secs of Shuri as Black Panther and a rather suspicious lack of dialogue scenes.

I’m expecting an OK movie not a great or rememberable one.

Seems far too many compromises have been made to not have to just recast.

It sucks this is the situation. With all the talk recently seems Feige is laying the groundwork for a recast. I think even they know this situation is now untenable and with 2 MCU movies in a row being pretty derided. To have a third one get that work as well. That would not be a good look at all.
I don't see how it would be harder to recast than to just use an existing character.

Shuri is an established character in the comics, they hinted that she wants to be black panther in the first film and in the black panther Canon she took over for a whole volume. If he has a child, they'll likely introduce T'challas child in this movie, and shuri will be his mentor. He's going to end up being the black panther from the comics. A sorceror, tech genius and expert hunter and martial artist. He may even end up communing with bast and being led to a NEW heart shaped herb.

I know nikkas loved MCU black panther but he wasn't the same as the comics equivalent. This is the way they can bring that character to the big screen. T'challa dies unexpectedly but leaves behind an heir that's too young to take over. Shuri teaches him how to fight, teaches him the history, and realizes his brain is like a sponge and he's not only soaking up the lessons about tech and fighting, but he's inventing shyt on his own. Within a few movies we'll watch him grow up and he'll take over the mantle when it's time. nikkas just don't wanna be patient but I see the long term plan in motion. This is marvel we're talking about here. It will especially bring in younger fans because they can relate to the young kid growing up with them on the screen like how teenagers who started stranger things grew up with the same characters.

As a reminder, black panther was one of the people who saved the world if not THE savior during the second secret wars story line with God emperor doom and the universes colliding with each other.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Plus, MCU Shuri isn't Shuri from the comics, who was already a fighter...and eager to take over the BP mantle. That was her only creation. I think people would've been less up in arms if they had Okoye or even Lupita take over the mantle temporarily, while they recasted him for the 3rd. No comic book fans want to see this particular Shuri go up against Namor. He'd chew her up and spit her out without breaking a sweat...and that's if he even bothered to pay attention to her. OR they can nerf Namor which will make the movie even worst.

This was the Shuri I became a fan of, even though she's no longer that. She was always out to prove herself, in over her head some of the times, but still a great fighter and strategist. I've been re-reading some of her BP arc...at least the minis, since I don't feel like diggin out the rest. I wish they had found a way to keep her around

You acting like Shuri never fought. She was in the final battle in End Game.

You act like she never could’ve trained to fight or can’t learn to fight.

Then there’s, the heart shaped herb that gives Black Panther super human strength.

Shuri is already the smartest person in Wakanda. And her wanting to carry on her family’s legacy is too realistic and logical.

You say Nakia would make a better black Panther when she’s only a spy. Not to mention you rarely see her in combat.

Makavalli

Sinister is a system
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Feige and marvel was in a bind with the passing of Chad because if they wouldve announced replacing him right away they would get the terrence howard “all yall nikkas look the same” debacle brought back up and plus Coogler and the cast got a lil more clout with the billy success so they had to get they input 1st since they all became so close. Would explain why they tolerated leticia’s vaccine push back too.

All they got to do is put “ T’Challa will return” at the end of the credits and they will get a standing ovation

:yeshrug:

SmarkMero

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Marvel always knows how to put together a trailer or the company they hire to do them does. I’ve learnt not to get too excited about them. Dr Strange 2 and Thor:Love and Thunder had amazing trailers too, look how they turned out when we saw the actual movies.

But I was curious that a lot of these shots we’d seen already. It basically confirms most of that script leak. I imagine the reshoots probably changed a few small parts.

Most curious for me we got 2 secs of Shuri as Black Panther and a rather suspicious lack of dialogue scenes.

I’m expecting an OK movie not a great or rememberable one.

Seems far too many compromises have been made to not have to just recast.

It sucks this is the situation. With all the talk recently seems Feige is laying the groundwork for a recast. I think even they know this situation is now untenable and with 2 MCU movies in a row being pretty derided. To have a third one get that work as well. That would not be a good look at all.

giphy.gif
Breh that movie was wack from the jump!