CHICAGO

Vol. 9: Trapped
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I still don't understand people arguing about Shuri being the next BP. It's a monarchy with lines of succession. T'Challa passes and Shuri takes up the mantle like Prince T'Challa did when he was an established BP while T'Chaka was still king but too old to panther around and it seems rule defaulted back to Queen Ramonda w/ T'Challa gone from the trailers. Regardless of what happens in the comics or not- that's what was established in the first film. She would only lose the title through challenge or death. And it's obvious that it's Shuri's suit she made for herself at least b/c the mask design matches her traditional facepaint.

So then the question becomes does she remain the Black Panther? I keep going back to the teaser and The Queen saying 'my entire family is gone.' Is mourning T'Challa/Chadwick & Shuri in the same film too much or does having an in film loss add to the weight of the mourning undercurrent they're building? And in that teaser too, I know there's stunt doubles & CGI but that suit at the teaser end looks like a bigger frame than the one at the end of the new trailer.

Because they're putting Shuri way out front on this marketing but still being coy about her being the new Black Panther for some reason, despite it being blatant that it's a suit designed and built by and for Shuri, which has me wondering if there's more than one in the film. Like, if you're this blatant about it but still not saying it, there's something else going on:

FeJzpevVsAMf61l

FeJx739VsAIHff6

FeJ0BG7XkAENKrS

FeJ0BJtWIAUecOG

FeJz9FMWAAI2DH8

NOT SURE WHATS SO COY
ABOUT IT AFTER THAT TRAILER.

THE MOVIE COMES OUT
IN A MONTH....
THEY HAD TO EVENTUALLY
REVEAL SHURI IS THE BP.

WERE PPL SUPPOSED TO
GO SEE A MOVIE
WITHOUT KNOWING WHO
THE LEAD CHARACTER IS?

Hopefully they don’t kill Namor off

fukk THAT nikka

:devil:
:evil:

Silver Surfer

Veteran
Daps
There is just no pleasing these n-gga's.

Nobody forcing ya dumbasses to see it, dude's stay on here bytching about a movies they probably had no intention of seeing.

Movie about a gay couple = The Coli clutches it's pearls
Movie about two women kissing in a Pixar film = The Coli clutches it's pearls
Movie about black warrior kissing a why man = The Coli clutches it's pearls
Movie about a male fictional character being replaced by a female fictional character because of his real life death and how it played out in the comics = The Coli clutches it's pearls

Nobody want to see no gay nikkas or bytches leading grown ass men in super hero movies

Shut so soft ass up

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
All of her superhero/fantasy ventures have failed thus far.

Wrinkle in Time
New Gods never got off the ground.
Both Naomi and DMZ got bad reviews and/or cancelled.
had no clue but :flabbynsick: @ the bold

New Gods would have been interesting tho

Brandsdale

Big Yella
Daps
Reppin
T-Dot
Namor CGI is probably going to be a rough spot because you can't really replicate his powers and movement practically.
Gotta accept CGI will always be a thing with these films. They only have a limited amount of months to work on it due to the MCU schedule :manny:
i will admit, him swooshing thru the air in the trailer did look a little funny but Namor has little clothes so I can see why CGI would be hard in this situation as oppose to a hero with a full fit/armor on

Jazzy B.

Superstar
Daps
Man these Namor CGI complaints on twitter got me worried again. Dont fukk up the set pieces again

Breh it's obvious Marvel are select about the cgi quality for certain movies.

I also think the problem is also whatever cameras they now use to film the movies.

Like if the CGI if isn't partially good the entire scene just looks blatantly fake, and the cameras used and how it's filmed just highlight it even further. The same with the character motions/movements in the scene. It looks even worse in 4k.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Breh it's obvious Marvel are select about the cgi quality for certain movies.

I also think the problem is also whatever cameras they now use to film the movies.

Like if the CGI if isn't partially good the entire scene just looks blatantly fake, and the cameras used and how it's filmed just highlight it even further. The same with the character motions/movements in the scene. It looks even worse in 4k.
Thats part of it. I also think its the lighting. It looks flat during the Namor flight scenes (probably to make it so they can change things in post)

Also its jarring to the rest of the movie.
I think thats what messed up the 1st movie. You've got this realistic water fall fight with TChalla and Killmonger. Then the next fight is weightless and bouncy CGI. Jarring and takes you out of it. If it was like that the whole movie we'd be adjusted to it.