Rekkapryde

GT, LWO, 49ERS, BRAVES, HAWKS, N4O...yeah UMAD!
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TYRONE GA!
Aldis+Hodge+2017+Vanity+Fair+Oscar+Party+Hosted+FSLhENDlBIKl.jpg
we all been saying he would be perfect for the role.

Yeah he could def do it. Bruh had me Rollin in that flick with him and Taraji

BrownBunny

All Star
Daps
Same thoughts I had but niccas was/is too connected to the cultural impact of the movie and not the movie itself :hubie:

I've been a Black Panther comic stan way before the movie so to see him get treated like this is straight garbage :unimpressed:

Ryan Coogler (and MBJ) are both overrated in my book :manny:

Now you got talks of Chadwick wanting out and Shuri already replacing T'Challa and we only on the 2nd installment for this kind of fukkery :hhh:
I don’t think Coogler is overrated but I think his relationship with MBJ holds him back a bit. I don’t think MBJ is a strong enough actor to build a film resume around like a Scorsese/De Niro partnership.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
I don’t think Coogler is overrated but I think his relationship with MBJ holds him back a bit. I don’t think MBJ is a strong enough actor to build a film resume around like a Scorsese/De Niro partnership.

It's funny. I've mentioned it before but I liked him better as a kid actor. He seemed more "natural". In his older years, his acting comes off rigid and stiff. It can be downright distracting at times. Which is a shame because hes been given some dope ass characters and lines and havent quite delivered imo.

Easy-E

Suffering From Success | 1316 Days
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Island of Relevancy, Forever
Same thoughts I had but niccas was/is too connected to the cultural impact of the movie and not the movie itself :hubie:

I've been a Black Panther comic stan way before the movie so to see him get treated like this is straight garbage :unimpressed:

Ryan Coogler (and MBJ) are both overrated in my book :manny:

Now you got talks of Chadwick wanting out and Shuri already replacing T'Challa and we only on the 2nd installment for this kind of fukkery :hhh:
And if we're being honest, T'Challa was the main character, not the hero.

His character made a lot of bad decisions that almost cost Wakanda everything.

The women were the heroes.

Trav

Marathon Mentality 🏁
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
TMC 8-24
I'm reading about Beyonce being storm.

If Marvel do that. I'm out of Marvel gang brehs.

I'm just saying..:yeshrug:

She either getting da Monica role or just doing the soundtrack, breh. I wish they would...:mjlol:

You know you gotta be meh at acting when even your voice work (The Lion King) seem trash :hhh:

Primetime

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
H-Town
Hanging subplots from the first movie:
  • T'Challa adjusting to being King
  • T'Challa adjusting to world politics
  • T'Challa adjusting to his beef with his father/ancestors post-Killmonger
  • Nakia and T'Challa rekindling their long-time romance
  • Nakia and her activism goals
  • Shuri overseeing the outreach program in the USA
  • The future of W'Kabi in wake of his treasonous acts
  • W'Kabi's marriage to Okoye
  • W'Kabi's best friendship with T'Challa
  • M'Baku's reintegrating the Jabari tribe into Wakandan politics
  • Everett Ross and the CIA doing CIA things
  • Exploring more of Wakanda
  • Revealing more about the other 3 Wakandan tribes
  • T'Challa and Shuri adjusting to their 5 year absence/post-"Snap"
The cast is jam-packed. Chad, Lupita, Danai, Leticia, Kaluuya, Winston and Freeman all got character arcs to expand upon. All got shyt to do.

And that's in addition to whoever the new main villain will be, and his/her character arc. There's literally no room to shoe-in Storm. She's not even the Michelle Obama of the titular character. Lupita has that role and is 2nd billing in the movie behind Chad.

Ultimately, they need to continue fleshing out the characters they established in BP 1, and it should be the responsibility of the x-men director to do whatever with Storm and the x-characters.