• The future of W'Kabi in wake of his treasonous acts
  • W'Kabi's marriage to Okoye
  • W'Kabi's best friendship with T'Challa
  • M'Baku's reintegrating the Jabari tribe into Wakandan politics
  • Everett Ross and the CIA doing CIA things
  • Exploring more of Wakanda
  • Revealing more about the other 3 Wakandan tribes
  • T'Challa and Shuri adjusting to their 5 year absence/post-"Snap"
The cast is jam-packed. Chad, Lupita, Danai, Leticia, Kaluuya, Winston and Freeman all got character arcs to expand upon. All got shyt to do.

And that's in addition to whoever the new main villain will be, and his/her character arc. There's literally no room to shoe-in Storm. She's not even the Michelle Obama of the titular character. Lupita has that role and is 2nd billing in the movie behind Chad.

Ultimately, they need to continue fleshing out the characters they established in BP 1, and it should be the responsibility of the x-men director to do whatever with Storm and the x-characters.

Also how the Wakandan people feel about the outreach programs in wake of what happened in Civil War (medical staff dying via crossbones/wanda).

BeachBum Unreal

SD Born & Raised: 760, 619
Daps
Reppin
San Diego
She either getting da Monica role or just doing the soundtrack, breh. I wish they would...:mjlol:

You know you gotta be meh at acting when even your voice work (The Lion King) seem trash :hhh:

She not doing the soundtrack either bro look at how successful Kendricks soundtrack was compared to hers (Lion King). She’s not attached to Black Panther in anyways that shyt was fake news.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
Hanging subplots from the first movie:
  • T'Challa adjusting to being King
  • T'Challa adjusting to world politics
  • T'Challa adjusting to his beef with his father/ancestors post-Killmonger
  • Nakia and T'Challa rekindling their long-time romance
  • Nakia and her activism goals
  • Shuri overseeing the outreach program in the USA
The cast is jam-packed. Chad, Lupita, Danai, Leticia, Kaluuya, Winston and Freeman all got character arcs to expand upon. All got shyt to do.

And that's in addition to whoever the new main villain will be, and his/her character arc. There's literally no room to shoe-in Storm. She's not even the Michelle Obama of the titular character. Lupita has that role and is 2nd billing in the movie behind Chad.

Ultimately, they need to continue fleshing out the characters they established in BP 1, and it should be the responsibility of the x-men director to do whatever with Storm and the x-characters.
I want Achebe even if he's a side villain. I do wonder with a stac
Hanging subplots from the first movie:
  • T'Challa adjusting to being King
  • T'Challa adjusting to world politics
  • T'Challa adjusting to his beef with his father/ancestors post-Killmonger
  • Nakia and T'Challa rekindling their long-time romance
  • Nakia and her activism goals
  • Shuri overseeing the outreach program in the USA

Not likely to happen, but I wish they would actually film at some of these places.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I don’t think Coogler is overrated but I think his relationship with MBJ holds him back a bit. I don’t think MBJ is a strong enough actor to build a film resume around like a Scorsese/De Niro partnership.

It's funny. I've mentioned it before but I liked him better as a kid actor. He seemed more "natural". In his older years, his acting comes off rigid and stiff. It can be downright distracting at times. Which is a shame because hes been given some dope ass characters and lines and havent quite delivered imo.

Disagree big time.

Fruitvale and Creed were oscar worthy performances :gucci:

I thought he was great in Black Panther, but can understand criticism on his performance there. I think Coogler simply used that to his benefit by making Killmonger a "try hard" character that he is in the comics. Its why his scenes with his father and the end work because the facade is gone.

Now in terms of other actors...yes other actors crush that role too and there's probably a few who win an oscar with it, but MBJ was still good.

Coogler works well with him.

MBJ outside Coogler films....you got me. :hubie:
He needs to polish up.

He'll never be DeNiro....could he be Leo:patrice:......if he really works at it maybe. Leo faced similar criticism early in his career especially when Daniel Day Lewis destoryed him in GONY.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
I watched the movie last night, and I enjoyed it. I also liked how Jeff Ward was the stunt coordinator again working with Spike Lee. Let's hope Coogler chooses Jeff Ward to work on Black Panther 2.
Decided to reply here..

Key for him is not being so stuck on "his guys". Its part of the reason he went with his Fruitvale cinematographer (she was pregnant during the making of Creed) instead of Creed cinematographer who helped get him that BP job. I like that he vouches for his people, but he needs to try and get the BEST people possible. He better raise hell about getting the top VFX/stunt people

Sidenote: I do wish he worked on movies between these blockbusters. Its helps hone his skills. Nolan would do a Prestige after Begins and then do an Inception after TDK.

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
@Ziggiy @Achille @Primetime @Ironman @Khalil's_Black_Excellence

After seeing Boseman in a real environment/jungle (Da 5 Bloods) they got no damn excuse to use green screen or some lot of land in Black Panther 2.

Breh sold the part of a top notch action hero. We need those real visuals in Black Panther 2. Real grass. Real sunlight.

I watching his "last scene" like damn that woulda been a dope place to watch Black Panther and Killmonger fight. :patrice::francis:

Daps
Reppin
Ft. Stewart, Ga

After seeing Boseman in a real environment/jungle (Da 5 Bloods) they got no damn excuse to use green screen or some lot of land in Black Panther 2.

Breh sold the part of a top notch action hero. We need those real visuals in Black Panther 2. Real grass. Real sunlight.

I watching his "last scene" like damn that woulda been a dope place to watch Black Panther and Killmonger fight. :patrice::francis:

The issue is that damn near EVERY big budget movie films in Atlanta nowadays, including BP and both Avengers movies.

Coogler SHOULD have the clout/leverage to use more traditional sets/locations. Hell if I were him i’d try to make it a condition upon my return that I get to film some second unit footage in Africa itself.

The one thing we know for SURE is that Marvel and Fiege are going to make sure Coogler has what he needs to make BP2 as epic as needed. I’m very much looking forward to what he’s got up his sleeve

Dr. Narcisse

Veteran
Daps
The issue is that damn near EVERY big budget movie films in Atlanta nowadays, including BP and both Avengers movies.

Coogler SHOULD have the clout/leverage to use more traditional sets/locations. Hell if I were him i’d try to make it a condition upon my return that I get to film some second unit footage in Africa itself.

The one thing we know for SURE is that Marvel and Fiege are going to make sure Coogler has what he needs to make BP2 as epic as needed. I’m very much looking forward to what he’s got up his sleeve
I mean I get it for movies like Captain America or in studio for space movies..

Supposedly filming in Austrailia so thats better. I'm just saying man that enviornment truly helps make the movie. You get immersed in that shyt. Made Delroy and Boseman's scene all the more powerful.

I agree tho. Hopefully more Africa shots instead of just aerial shots.

Ironman

#Knickstape
Daps
Reppin
Avengers compound

Yea unfortunately Disney loves that greenscreen stuff due to Atlanta :francis:i don't expect the cgi to change much right now but I know they'll step up the combat for sure. That was one of the biggest complaints about BP1 but, I just hope end of the day Black Panther is the central character and focus.