Black American in NYC (yes, we exist 😲)
Daps
Reppin
BK & BX
MCU has a 'Spartacus' situation

They changed Rhodes, but truthfully, he was a sidekick

They should just do Shuri for the time being. Continuity wise it makes sense

Plus, the Avengers lineup is already going to be different

T'challa dies during Namor's attack. They might even rethink a Killmonger return

Osmosis

Superstar
Daps
Imo BP2 is dead on arrival if they recast T’challa. There’s a precedent for another character to take the mantle as Black Panther and I think that’s the direction they need to take.

Chadwick embodies T’challa’s dignified and regal demeanor like no other actor can. His acting wasn’t as bombastic as MBJ or Winston Duke but it was much more subtle and nuanced. I don’t think it’s fair to expect another actor to fill his shoes.

Last edited:

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Anyone who takes up the mantle of Chadwick Boseman should look similar, should remain dignified throughout, portraying a powerful warrior with some weaknesses but a strong king.

I don’t see anyone doing that but Chadwick Boseman.

And homage would certainly have to be paid to Chadwick Boseman in that we see him in the film.

Maybe the movie should start with the last scene of Black Panther where the kid approaches him on the basketball court.

Then we see the news of TChalla’s untimely death at a young age, but how much he was able to accomplish for the inner city.

Perhaps a black man who isn’t Wakandan is allowed to attend TChalla’s memorial service (maybe Shuri fell in love in the US)

And he ends up saving Shuri’s life. Now there’s a power vacuum. Mbaku tries to keep things under control, but Wakanda has become divided. Which allows the villain, whoever it is, to exploit the situation. Eventually things get so bad that Bast visits the black protagonist and provides him with the powers of the Black Panther, thought to be gone forever after Killmonger burned down the source and the last bit was given to TChalla. When he enters the realm of his ancestors (we notice former slaves in this realm although it’s not harped upon and they stand next to kings), he suddenly sees TChalla (digitally rendered) who doesn’t say a word, but passes the mantle on to the new Black Panther with a smile. The new Black Panther, with the help of Mbaku, Shuri, Okoye, and Nakia unite Wakanda against the villain and defeat him. A monument is built to TChalla and when the elders decide on MBaku as the next ruler of Wakanda, he relinquishes the throne, giving it to the Black Panther chosen by Bast and TChalla. :obama:

:ohhh:

Sike nah. This ain't it.

The below combined with what I mentioned before is a crowd-pleasing plot. The plot will be in bold

The words that aren't in bold are my opinion on the ideal future of the MCU. The words that are in bold would be what I think would be an ideal Black Panther 2.

Like I said, it was the combination of Chadwick Boseman and Tchalla that made Black Panther what it was. Black Panther was a once-in-a-lifetime moviegoing experience for a lot of black kids.

Recast? This isn't Terrence Howard. The box office (if people have started going back to movie theaters en masse again) will drop astronomically from the first one. People don't want to see some poor man's Black Panther, calling himself Tchalla, and completely ignoring the OG.

This isn't Heath Ledger (and The Joker was never mentioned in the third Dark Knight movie).

This is Chadwick Boseman, who embodied a character that people from all generations are familiar with.

MCU's Tchalla as the Black Panther died with Chadwick. You can try and bring Tchalla's character back 10-20 years from now, but kids were crying over an actor's death...an actor they didn't even know.

Why depress people with reboots that could take years or recasts that don't measure up to the original? Why not honor the OG? The last we saw of Chadwick Boseman as Black Panther, the character had just gotten out of a five-year coma and was standing on top of a balcony.

They could even go so far as to say that not everyone was brought back whole. The majority were restored, but many died. Bucky could give up the ghost, scrap the whole Falcon teamup, especially since Bucky's story was intertwined with Captain America's and he might as well be dead too (probably by now).

Let's get rid of Nebula, Scarlet Witch, Hulk, Hank Pym, and Doctor Strange. Thor can get back in shape and hang with the Guardians of the Galaxy. Loki's fate is ambiguous (which means he's not dead). More MCU Spider-Man flicks. The Falcon can shoot his shot at Valkyrie. But, for Wakanda to recover, I stand by what I said earlier. You don't dismiss Tchalla's legacy and you make Black Panther 2 within the next couple of years

Meanwhile, Abraham Attah (who appeared in the MCU once before as an extra) gets a crush on Shuri. Abraham Attah isn't that little kid from Beasts of No Nation anymore, he's got the build and the youth to be the next Black Panther for years to come. He did the best acting in a critically-acclaimed movie when he was 8. But he could be too young (being 19 to her 27). I want him in the movie anyway, so he sneaks onto the ship. Stephan James could play Abraham Attah's older brother who goes searching for him. Let Karl Mordo find out about Wakanda and the mysticism within. He would probably show Stephan James the way into Wakanda through his powers, set W'Kabi free, and be wrecking shyt. "No more sorcerers." Stephan James finds his brother who wants to stay in Wakanda. He also experiences the presence of Bast and Tchalla, making him the new Black Panther. W'kabi pleads with the counsel and, moved by his words, the council members
give him a swift execution.
. There is a ferocious battle between Karl Mordo and the new Black Panther, Black Panther taking more hits than he's doling out, due to Karl Mordo's magic. That's when Wong, Mbaku, Nakia, and Shuri show up and the five of them together defeat Karl Mordo.

Abraham Attah finally wins over Shuri and they kiss (Shuri had disentegrated so she's 5 years younger as opposed to Abraham) . Mbaku is given the throne by the elders, but turns it over to Stephan James' Black Panther, chosen by Bast and Tchalla. He also warns the new Black Panther about a mysterious group inside Wakanda called the Desturi that could prove to be dangerous in the future. He promises to have his back. A giant monument is built in honor of Tchalla. Rousing music. RIP Chadwick Boseman 1976-2020. Wakanda forever. End credits.

Anyway, there's the formula (excluding the after-credit scene)

Peter Popoff

AKA Petty Pimpiń..🤑
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn, Texas
They should jump right into Dr. Doom being the main villain and temporarily disabling T'Challa, leaving Shuri to temporarily borrow the thrown as lady black Panther and fighting off Namor then bringing T'Challa back later on in the fantastic four universe to help them fight Doom.

Last edited:

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
T'Challa can NOT be the Black Panther. Too many people, outside of comic book nerds, connect T'challa with Chadwick Boseman.

T'Challa has to die in a self-sacrificial way, Chadwick Boseman has to have a couple of scenes in the movie even if they're scenes from the original Black Panther or digitally recreated like Star Wars (no dialogue though, just passing the torch).

Black Panther is Black Panther. T'Challa is just one in a line of many. But don't recast T'Challa. That's disrespectful to how well Chadwick Boseman embodied the character before he died.

Daps
MCU has a 'Spartacus' situation

They changed Rhodes, but truthfully, he was a sidekick

They should just do Shuri for the time being. Continuity wise it makes sense

Plus, the Avengers lineup is already going to be different

T'challa dies during Namor's attack. They might even rethink a Killmonger return

How does recasting an actor not make sense “continuity wise?” I understand that Boseman brought the character to the big screen, but you guys are really doing way too much in stating that they are not able to portray the superhero anymore

Last edited:
Daps
Imo BP2 is dead on arrival if they recast T’challa. There’s a precedent for another character to take the mantle as Black Panther and I think that’s the direction they need to take.

Chadwick embodies T’challa’s dignified and regal demeanor like no other actor can. His acting wasn’t as bombastic as MBJ or Winston Duke but it was much more subtle and nuanced. He projected goodness in a way that made you know that Chadwick the man was as great of a person as the character he was portraying. I don’t think it’s fair to expect another actor to fill his shoes.

The character is an important one, but there is nothing about that role that another actor is not able to replicate. The role is generally a passive, reactionary one. I understand that many of you are trying to cope. However, y’all are really doing too much with your proclamations

Daps
T'Challa can NOT be the Black Panther. Too many people, outside of comic book nerds, connect T'challa with Chadwick Boseman.

T'Challa has to die in a self-sacrificial way, Chadwick Boseman has to have a couple of scenes in the movie even if they're scenes from the original Black Panther or digitally recreated like Star Wars (no dialogue though, just passing the torch).

Black Panther is Black Panther. T'Challa is just one in a line of many. But don't recast T'Challa. That's disrespectful to how well Chadwick Boseman embodied the character before he died.

Your regular people who are not comic readers are aware of the reality of the situation. They are aware that something unfortunate happened. Why are they going to be upset with a recast? Have they boycotted Joker or Superman?

FrederickDouglas

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
The character is an important one, but there is nothing about that role that another actor is not able to replicate. The role is generally a passive, reactionary one. I understand that many of you are trying to cope. However, y’all are really doing too much with your proclamations

Dude, T'Challa inspired thousands of black children if not millions. To you, him playing the role while suffering from colon cancer may have been a passive, reactionary performance, but it was powerful enough to leave a lasting impact on people of all ages. There WILL BE NO BETTER T'Challa than Chadwick Boseman, just like despite Joaquin Phoenix winning an award for Joker, there will BE NO BETTER JOKER than Heath Ledger.