Official Stranger Things Season 3 Thread

blalienz

#AGP
Daps
Reppin
Planet Namek , Outer Space
Season was just alright to me i guess. I really like Lucas/Caleb as an actor, hope he has a long and successful career. He always ready for warfare:kingkillmonger:need to stop pawgin tho:mjgrin::martin:
In episode six and thoroughly enjoying the ride but I hate, hate, hate how black women & girls have to be stereotypes in these Netflix shows. They couldn't have made Erica more of a cliche if they tried. Down to the neck rolling & finger wagging. :snoop: She had to be confrontational, sassy, and seeking something free. I mean, word? Really? :what:We really need more black men & women writing black characters.
Yea cant lie this bothered me a bit
Erica was annoying:yeshrug:so was nancy bony ass:scust: R.I.P. 3inchesopen Hop
They made Steve lose allll his swag and one again got his ass whooped:unimpressed:
Feel bad for will dont think he a fakkit he just wants things to go back to how they were. The agenda did eventually show up:martin:. And shout out to the mind flayer for murkin that cac fakkit billy:blessed:WHAT? Did you think we would forget?(T'Challa voice):ufdup:

Sonic Boom of the South

Louisiana, Army War Vet, Jackson State Univ Alum,
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Rosenbreg's, Rosenberg's...1825, Tulane
Started season 3

They made Hopper the most bytch made annoying piece of shyt ever :scust:

Are they making the 2 lil girls gay:gucci:

Will gay too? :gucci:

The lil Black girl has to be a 1980s Black sassy female character trope:scust:

Atleast Lucas not a angry stereotype anymore
And they made Mike the new piece of shyt a$$hole

I like it overall tho:manny:

But I Def hope Hopper gets killed:hubie:

VicMackey415

The bay is in the area.
Daps
Reppin
Filllmoe, CA n the Sigma of Phi Beta
Just finished it. All I remember is hopper yelling hella much from no having no buns

Mike being whipped from just kissing

And writers finding a way to sneak in gayness when it added nothing to the story

N shout out to Billy knocking down the desperate housewives of Hawkins. He had a good thing going until that car wreck.

Bless't

Living the dream
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Yall applying real world and current times logic to a show about interdimensional universes and experiments with monsters/super powered kid thrown in. It's a show based on the fukking 80s you know the time when a dead guy in a hockey mask terrorized kids having sex. It's supposed to be campy and a goonies with science fiction thrown in:russ::russ::russ::russ::russ:

Right? The show being campy is what makes it so good.

I'm 37... grew up on 80's flicks.

I watch this shyt like I'm a kid again.

:yeshrug:

MR. Conclusion

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atlanta
It was dope. I understand the complaints about how a monster can go rampaging through town and only the kids saw it.

It will be interesting to see the explanation of the cleanup / coverup next season.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
I got back into this, been busy. Over all they're doing too much this season. I'll get into all that when I finish the season.

Fred.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Late as fukk finishing this and the thread is dead as hell, but oh well I'll give my 2 cents.

I thought they dropped the ball with Will. Majorly. They should've moved things around. Had Will be alienated like he was, because everyone is more mature and has girls. He wants to sit around playing games and shyt. Keep all that the same. Same argument with Mike and Lucas. After that he starts feeling the Mind Flayer....and nobody believes him, because they think he's doing it for attention.

Also never show Billy get attacked. Or anyone attacked. Make it kinda vague whether or not the Mind Flayer is back. Just have Will notice weird things around town, on some "Invasion Of The Body Snatchers" shyt.

Keep the goofy teenage angst shyt, I guess. It did nothing for me but :manny: I'm sure the younger fans liked it.

Then have 11 and Max spin the bottle and see Billy acting weird. Spin the bottle a few more times, and notice a gang of people acting weird as fukk. Have the Nancy/Jonathon arc run parallel to all that.

Then the rest of the characters start to believe Will.

I dunno, it would've built the tension for the season a lot better and made Will a major part of the season.

Aside from that minor complaint....they gotta switch it up somehow next season. 3rd season in a row this same group of kids save the world, from the same threat, in the same town. And 90% of the people living there either aren't affected at all, or don't notice anything. Which is becoming increasingly :stopitslime: because the threats keep getting larger.
I mean....Russia invaded the U.S. and was trying to open a portal to another world. And a gang of people from that town got melted. How are they gonna explain all that? :mjtf:

Anyway I'm in for season 4 regardless but they gotta tighten this shyt up moving forward.

Fred.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
I enjoyed season 3 and it was fun, but the more I think about it the more I'm actually surprised that they're gonna be able to stretch 4 seasons out of this material. I don't think the Duffers thought this would take off to the level it did, and any criticisms I have of season 3 are sort of balanced out by the fact that they have to pull a lot of rabbits out of the hat to keep this thing going. I had things I didn't like about this season, but thought it was way more fun than season 2, and I do ultimately think they should probably call it a day after season 4.

TheDarceKnight

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Jiu Jitsu
Late as fukk finishing this and the thread is dead as hell, but oh well I'll give my 2 cents.

I thought they dropped the ball with Will. Majorly. They should've moved things around. Had Will be alienated like he was, because everyone is more mature and has girls. He wants to sit around playing games and shyt. Keep all that the same. Same argument with Mike and Lucas. After that he starts feeling the Mind Flayer....and nobody believes him, because they think he's doing it for attention.

Also never show Billy get attacked. Or anyone attacked. Make it kinda vague whether or not the Mind Flayer is back. Just have Will notice weird things around town, on some "Invasion Of The Body Snatchers" shyt.

Keep the goofy teenage angst shyt, I guess. It did nothing for me but :manny: I'm sure the younger fans liked it.

Then have 11 and Max spin the bottle and see Billy acting weird. Spin the bottle a few more times, and notice a gang of people acting weird as fukk. Have the Nancy/Jonathon arc run parallel to all that.

Then the rest of the characters start to believe Will.

I dunno, it would've built the tension for the season a lot better and made Will a major part of the season.

Aside from that minor complaint....they gotta switch it up somehow next season. 3rd season in a row this same group of kids save the world, from the same threat, in the same town. And 90% of the people living there either aren't affected at all, or don't notice anything. Which is becoming increasingly :stopitslime: because the threats keep getting larger.
I mean....Russia invaded the U.S. and was trying to open a portal to another world. And a gang of people from that town got melted. How are they gonna explain all that? :mjtf:

Anyway I'm in for season 4 regardless but they gotta tighten this shyt up moving forward.

Fred.

Damn I actually like the way you'd have written the first half of the season. I think that would've worked better for me.

I do think they're between a rock and a hard place with Will. he was basically a plot device for the 1st two seasons, and everyone has had a lot of growth and development when he didn't get to. I think it'd be hard to build more ont his character without introducing a new cast member, and the cast is already feeling a little bloated going into season 4.

I never would've guessed that Steve would end up being the best character on here from Season 1 where he was arguably the worst.

Lucas and Max also have great chemistry and I wish they'd been highlighted more. Way more chemistry than Nancy and Jonathan and or even El and Mike. They're the best actors out of the main kids IMO.

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Damn I actually like the way you'd have written the first half of the season. I think that would've worked better for me.

I do think they're between a rock and a hard place with Will. he was basically a plot device for the 1st two seasons, and everyone has had a lot of growth and development when he didn't get to. I think it'd be hard to build more ont his character without introducing a new cast member, and the cast is already feeling a little bloated going into season 4.

I never would've guessed that Steve would end up being the best character on here from Season 1 where he was arguably the worst.

Lucas and Max also have great chemistry and I wish they'd been highlighted more. Way more chemistry than Nancy and Jonathan and or even El and Mike. They're the best actors out of the main kids IMO.

I think some of the acting inconsistencies are because of the direction.

When I say direction I don't mean visually, I mean the notes the show runners and/or directors give to actors to guide them through a scene. 90% of the season Hopper had this wife beater swag because he was constantly yelling at Joyce, when he's clearly a competent actor based on previous seasons and especially the finale.

And yeah they lamed out Will. He was integral to season 1 and 2 because he was a victim, this should've been his season to shine. If I was him I would've been reading the season 3 scripts like :gucci: because they made him look like a loser.

And yeah Steve is the shyt. The new lesbian ice cream chick is cool, too. The show don't really have a bad character but as the series goes on it's getting kinda ridiculous how none of these kids are dying or even getting hurt. I realize them infiltrating the Russian base was probably an homage to "Red Dawn"....but those kids weren't the same kids in "The Gate"....the same kids in "Carrie"....the same kids in "IT"....the same kids in "Invasion Of The Body Snatchers".

That's the problem with all this 80's nostalgia though, they end up referencing 50 different things in one show and by this point they're basically super heroes because it's the same kids dealing with all this crazy shyt.

Fred.

Last edited:

hex

Super Moderator
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Oh and lastly that "Neverending Story" scene was a GOAT level moment in TV history. I'm 100% serious. The fukking balls they had, to just drop the entire song mid-episode. Not a reference, or the hook. Not even a verse. The entire fukking song. They had to be in the writer's room like "we're obviously on the same level as 'The Wire', anything we do will be hot."

I mean, CLEARLY they aren't anywhere near "The Wire", but their confidence level had to be at an unprecedented level to do that scene.

Fred.