On thing I give boomers credit for that has been self inflicting damage to the next generations is, they simply cooked their own food.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
Going out to eat was a once a month treat for them. Now it’s an every day or week occurrence in this day and age. And these apps have made it ten times worse. I just left WAWA and the amount of door dash, grub hub and Uber eats orders that were being filled was :scust: . People are paying to have gas station food be delivered to them.

Some people don’t even go to the grocery store. They pay to have someone else do it. I looked at my Uber eats history over a 12 month period and was shocked at the amount of money I spent. It’s shocking how so many people can be easily programmed into changing their spending habits even though it’s extracting wealth.

This year I decided to stop certain types of spending and saved an extra $6,000 so far.

Smart phone companies have also finessed people. Making it easy to buy a $1,000 + phone without blinking twice.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
I tried to tell people but no...

:francis:

I would suggest everyone download their bank statements for the last 12 months and add up all the charges that were ordering fast food/takeout

You don't have to post it on the coli.
But you would be shocked if you did an actual audit of yourself.

It's probably in the several hundred or thousands of dollars, I'd suspect. Especially since many families don't like to cook on the weekends.

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
In before the “I only spend $100/week at the grocery store to feed a family of 4 posts.” :laugh:

Food costs so much now that as a single person, unless you’re going to sit down restaurants, the cost difference is negligible.

If you have a family, then by all means you need to be going to the grocery store and cooking your own food.

Remote

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
In before the “I only spend $100/week at the grocery store to feed a family of 4 posts.” :laugh:

Food costs so much now that as a single person, unless you’re going to sit down restaurants, the cost difference is negligible.

If you have a family, then by all means you need to be going to the grocery store and cooking your own food.
A local supermarket has coupon to bring packs of chicken thighs to $0.99 per pound.

I literally bought this less than 2 hours ago.

So you can have probably a week or two of chicken for less than lunch at Chipotle.

Food can be expensive. But it's also true that people put literally zero effort into trying to save money at all.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:

I did the math. 2 Uber eats orders = enough groceries to give me 10 days worth of means.

Most people emotionally eat, eat out of boredom or they eat for pleasure. Splurge eating.

If you eat fast food, you will have hunger pains working 2 to 4 hours.

Yesterday, I only ate once and felt fine. I cooked some rice, then threw in a can of tuna and some peas. Then I made a smoothie later on. Didn’t feel hungry for the rest of the day.

Scaaar

All Star
Daps
A local supermarket has coupon to bring packs of chicken thighs to $0.99 per pound.

So you can have probably a week or two of chicken for less than lunch at Chipotle.

Food can be expensive. But it's also true that people put literally zero effort into trying to save money at all.
Chicken thighs are the GOAT! I don't know why people dislike it so much.

JNew

Superstar
Daps
Going out to eat was a once a month treat for them. Now it’s an every day or week occurrence in this day and age. And these apps have made it ten times worse. I just left WAWA and the amount of door dash, grub hub and Uber eats orders that were being filled was :scust: . People are paying to have gas station food be delivered to them.

Some people don’t even go to the grocery store. They pay to have someone else do it. I looked at my Uber eats history over a 12 month period and was shocked at the amount of money I spent. It’s shocking how so many people can be easily programmed into changing their spending habits even though it’s extracting wealth.

This year I decided to stop certain types of spending and saved an extra $6,000 so far.

Smart phone companies have also finessed people. Making it easy to buy a $1,000 + phone without blinking twice.

Thanks for bytching

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
Cooking is more expensive with inflation, but still you just feel better when you’re eating something you made and not eating out.

Even nice restaurants, the food isn’t trash fast food but they still cook with more butter and salt than a home cooked meal.

Aside from the money savings, you’ll feel better when you wake up

Wild self

The Black Man will prosper!
Supporter
Daps
Problem is, people now work 2 to 3 jobs and work 60+ hours a week, unlike only 40 hours a week from the Baby Boomer generation. Even simple things like cooking a meal is time consuming when you have to report to your 2nd or 3rd job pronto.

ItsPeople

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Cooking is more expensive with inflation, but still you just feel better when you’re eating something you made and not eating out.

Even nice restaurants, the food isn’t trash fast food but they still cook with more butter and salt than a home cooked meal.

Aside from the money savings, you’ll feel better when you wake up

Where y’all do groceries at

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps

Grow wings from eating 14 pounds of chicken in a week brehs. 🐔