On thing I give boomers credit for that has been self inflicting damage to the next generations is, they simply cooked their own food.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
OP you need to be more specific. Are you talking about young single boomers or boomers raising a family??? Either way the didn't have the same situation we're dealing with now.
I’m saying.. especially in the 80’s going out to eat or getting take out multiple times a week wasn’t a thing. And people weren’t pressed to get every latest gadget. Part of it had to do to with lack of internet and other technology to drive spending habits.

It was a different mentality.

Cloutius Maximus

with the aid of the Funk...
Daps
Reppin
Altadena, California
I've accepted that I will never find a woman that can cook like my boomer mom unless I find a professional chef. Even then it's no guarantee. My momma can make anything homemade pizzas, burgers, steak, AA food (gumbo, collard greens, fire ass candied yams) mac and cheese, italian food, asian food (homemade egg rolls fatter than them lil shyts you get at chinese restaurants, stir fry, alladat. Cakes, cookies, cupcakes. Eating fast food was a treat

Millennial men cook better than millennial women. I hope women using tiktok/youtube to step up their game

skyrunner1

Superstar
Daps
Cooking is more expensive with inflation, but still you just feel better when you’re eating something you made and not eating out.

Even nice restaurants, the food isn’t trash fast food but they still cook with more butter and salt than a home cooked meal.

Aside from the money savings, you’ll feel better when you wake up

Where y’all do groceries at

Bra, cuz I'm sitting here tryna do the math like a mf. Then I'm thinking like "Damn, how much this niggà eatin?"

Im not gonna speak for breh, and mind you I am meal prep, cook at home gang for over 15 years off and on.. I will say in this day and age it does seem like when you factor in your time value and things you could be doing.. The time it takes to go buy groceries (I shop off peak hours), clean the meat and prep it (actually just prepped steak, ground turkey and chicken thighs) and then cook it (Ima wake up early and chef it up, throw some on flat top, air fryer, etc), something that used to be maybe $4 a meal has now gone up to lets say closer to $10.. At that point when you factor in your actual value of time and what you can be doing.. I been like this lately :patrice: Especially when your time is TIIIGHT, every minute count and you see how others around you outsource that shyt without blinking. I enjoy it but I had to consolidate it and really make it work and its STILL on chopping block honestly..

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Problem is, people now work 2 to 3 jobs and work 60+ hours a week, unlike only 40 hours a week from the Baby Boomer generation. Even simple things like cooking a meal is time consuming when you have to report to your 2nd or 3rd job pronto.

That’s easy when one person doesn’t work a full time job.

they cooked their own food because they had time too, people are working longer hours and commuting longer distances. by the time a person gets home, they're too tired to spend time in the kitchen for an hour or two to make a meal, wash dishes, pots & pans. boomers could usually come home to a home cooked meal cause one janitors salary supported an entire household.
All this.

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
In before the “I only spend $100/week at the grocery store to feed a family of 4 posts.” :laugh:

Food costs so much now that as a single person, unless you’re going to sit down restaurants, the cost difference is negligible.

If you have a family, then by all means you need to be going to the grocery store and cooking your own food.
Always can tell who is talking out their ass, and who actually shops and cooks healthy food. It ain’t even a comparison but asshats always act like cooking at home is the same as eating take out and sit down restaurants all day :dead:

Absolut

Legal Bookie
Daps
Reppin
Las Vegas
they cooked their own food because they had time too, people are working longer hours and commuting longer distances. by the time a person gets home, they're too tired to spend time in the kitchen for an hour or two to make a meal, wash dishes, pots & pans. boomers could usually come home to a home cooked meal cause one janitors salary supported an entire household.
Who cooks meals that take 2 hours on the daily? Always just making shyt up. Always the excuses. You got time to drive to Mickey d’s and wait in the drive thru though

Eternally Jaded

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
CT/North-east Caribbean American Crew
Then u gotta clean that shyt up. And i dont like to talk smack on the next generation. Hell, their shortcomings and failures are a reflection on us, but ive never met a generation more :lupe: :damn: :sadcam: of a damn dish rag:snoop:

Had to explain to one of these fools just weeks ago the concept of soaking the dishes makes scrubbing even the grimiest dishes lightwork :mindblown: like come on soak that shyt for 20
minutes have the whole bus tray scrubbed rinsed and racked up in under 5. :heh:
Drop of Dawn n some hot water n an episode of a show(23 minutes) and you're coming back to scrub with minimal effort.

The Half-Blood FKA Prince

Shroom gummies, liquor and destiny
Daps
Drop of Dawn n some hot water n an episode of a show(23 minutes) and you're coming back to scrub with minimal effort.
Pour a little bit of bleach, watch an episode of bleach come back and the shyt just slides right off the pot.

U can tell some of these brehs never touched a dish cloth a day in they lives.

No excuse even if u got a dishwasher those are more for sanitizing u dont just throw all that grime in there and hope for the best. :mjlol:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
Cooking is more expensive with inflation, but still you just feel better when you’re eating something you made and not eating out.

Even nice restaurants, the food isn’t trash fast food but they still cook with more butter and salt than a home cooked meal.

Aside from the money savings, you’ll feel better when you wake up
Everything is more expensive.

I can still stretch a dollar way further in the kitchen and save hundreds per month as opposed to using the convenience model