On thing I give boomers credit for that has been self inflicting damage to the next generations is, they simply cooked their own food.

Gloxina

Superstar
Daps
That’s if you’re using Chipotle. I don’t even eat Chipotle. We just had a fast food example. You can get fast food for $5, $6, or $7. And you have to use utilities and time to cook it, wash the dishes, microwave it to reheat it, etc. if you bill cook your own food.

It’s negligible for people who consider food to be a minor expense. I’m
Not disagreeing with you that it’s cheaper, just that it’s not that much cheaper to justify doing it 100% of the time, to some people. :yeshrug:
It’s not just the minimal cost and saving time- you have to think about how the food is prepared. It’s way healthier to cook at home.

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
You throw some spinach into those egg whites and a small salad on the side of that burger? 👀
I need to! I usually don't for spaxe reasons in my lunchbox

Since I sit all day I don't like to eat too muvh at lunch. But I'm still slightly hungry after

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
One thing to remember is it doesn't take much longer to cook a meal that feeds 5-6 people as it does to cook for 1 person. I subscribe to this Youtuber dedicated to meal prep. My wife and I's weekly lunches are pre-made on Sunday. I make 2 large meals and we alternate them throughout the week. Here is a great example recipe:

I believe you can eat out regularly on the cheap, but you do so at the expense of regularly eating garbage food.

The faster way of doing this is dividing your meals by the number of days you plan on eating it. Make 5 days a of chicken thighs, weight it all at once and then divide that by 5. Calories will come out the same no matter how you really split it.

JetFueledThoughts

Superstar
Daps
Everything is more expensive.

I can still stretch a dollar way further in the kitchen and save hundreds per month as opposed to using the convenience model

I agree with you. I didn’t word my post well; I meant it’s more expensive than it was in the past. Not that it’s more expensive than eating out

Braman

Superstar
Daps
That’s if you’re using Chipotle. I don’t even eat Chipotle. We just had a fast food example. You can get fast food for $5, $6, or $7. And you have to use utilities and time to cook it, wash the dishes, microwave it to reheat it, etc. if you bill cook your own food.

It’s negligible for people who consider food to be a minor expense. I’m
Not disagreeing with you that it’s cheaper, just that it’s not that much cheaper to justify doing it 100% of the time, to some people. :yeshrug:

Brother we are grown ass men please do better. Im not even entertaining your example if you’re talking about eating legit McDonald’s, Wendy’s fast food every day

And btw, it ain’t gon be cheaper bc you gon give it all back in health costs down the line. Like tf

‘Utilities cost’ is not even worth replying to

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
That’s because the older generations dying off, them baby boomers grew up only eating cooked meals

We literally losing recipes

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
yeah if you eat revolting shyt like that you will save a lot of money. duh.

rice, canned tuna, and peas? live on dog food, brehs!

holy shyt! youre a grown ass man and thats how youre eating????

rice tuna and peas god fukking damn what a bowl of sadness
It’s hard out cheer

Gritsngravy

Superstar
Daps
Who cooks meals that take 2 hours on the daily? Always just making shyt up. Always the excuses. You got time to drive to Mickey d’s and wait in the drive thru though
Cooking is time consuming, and depending on your work schedule that shyt will be tough

I mean yea we ain’t got no choice but to it but you don’t want to know how many nights these past couple of months the only thing I ate was sardines and tuna packets from the dollar store

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
Brother we are grown ass men please do better. Im not even entertaining your example if you’re talking about eating legit McDonald’s, Wendy’s fast food every day

And btw, it ain’t gon be cheaper bc you gon give it all back in health costs down the line. Like tf

‘Utilities cost’ is not even worth replying to
This is a forum breh, I’m shooting the shyt about a trivial topic, people can debate all day about this stuff. I don’t even eat fast food, but I also think it’s silly to say “we’re grown men” like adults don’t eat McDonald’s period. I guess only women and children are keeping them in business.

AtomicUse

Superstar
Daps
It’s not just the minimal cost and saving time- you have to think about how the food is prepared. It’s way healthier to cook at home.
Dropping buns and food on the floor, bugs and stuff crawling all over it while it sits, none of that is happening in your home kitchen. Definitely better for quality.

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
i do not understand this meal prep shyt. prep 7 days worth of meals in advance? the fukk for? why yall making MREs? :lolbron:

i swear to god people need to learn how to use LEFTOVERS and a freezer.

zthxGHl1LPBvddG3rQ2e--1--oko0r.jpg

i cook for two people (and sometimes our dog and cats) and it rarely takes more than 20 minutes. usually make something while i have an album playing or a movie on. its a nice way to unwind. of course i dont expect everyone to enjoy it that much.. but its your body. treasure what you put in it.

then again, i imagine a lot of folks in here dont have a lot of home training going by these posts. dirty boxers piled up in the bathroom type of dudes.

:scusthov: