On thing I give boomers credit for that has been self inflicting damage to the next generations is, they simply cooked their own food.

feelosofer

#ninergang
Daps
Reppin
Brick City, NJ
The average American works 50+ hours a week and the average commute time is about 48 minutes. Not to mention more Americans work a job plus work for Uber/Lyft or one of those delivery apps oddly enough.

The boomers in the 80s usually had their spouse working part time. My mother stayed home and did the cooking until my oldest brother was a teenager then she went to work and then he did the cooking and then when he left I did the cooking.

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
i do not understand this meal prep shyt. prep 7 days worth of meals in advance? the fukk for? why yall making MREs? :lolbron:

i swear to god people need to learn how to use LEFTOVERS and a freezer.

zthxGHl1LPBvddG3rQ2e--1--oko0r.jpg

i cook for two people (and sometimes our dog and cats) and it rarely takes more than 20 minutes. usually make something while i have an album playing or a movie on. its a nice way to unwind. of course i dont expect everyone to enjoy it that much.. but its your body. treasure what you put in it.

then again, i imagine a lot of folks in here dont have a lot of home training going by these posts. dirty boxers piled up in the bathroom type of dudes.

:scusthov:

I don’t “meal prep”. I purposefully buy food that’s easy to make. A pack a ground beef is easy to cook and mix with other shyt. Or salad ingredients if I don’t feel like cooking. Fruit.

I know people that buy groceries and let 1/2 of it go to waste because they would rather eat fast food or eat out than cook.

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
Can’t cook babble :mjlol:

A big pack of chicken breasts is $10-$12.
A regular size box/bag of brown rice is $4
A big bag of frozen broccoli is $4

That’s $20 for at LEAST 4,5 meals for the chicken, with the rice and broccoli lasting a while longer.

$20 can’t even get you 2 chipotle burritos unless you go meatles :heh:

Mans said ‘negligible’. You exactly who OP talking about

shyt, I picked up 2 packs of boneless skinless chicken thighs for $9. 12 pieces total. Seasoned and threw em on the smoker. Baked sweet potatoes and made cabbage. $25 total for 4 people. Dinner was slappin:ohlawd:

Ezekiel 25:17

Veteran
Daps
The average American works 50+ hours a week and the average commute time is about 48 minutes. Not to mention more Americans work a job plus work for Uber/Lyft or one of those delivery apps oddly enough.

The boomers in the 80s usually had their spouse working part time. My mother stayed home and did the cooking until my oldest brother was a teenager then she went to work and then he did the cooking and then when he left I did the cooking.

If you work long hours, then meal prep on sunday. Folks should've already been meal prepping:hubie:

But let's say you lazy and don't meal prep, you can throw salmon in the oven and rice in the cooker. Dinner in 10 minutes tops. Or you can use a slow cooker, throw all your ingredients in and come home to a complete meal.

Oatmeal

6th Man
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
DNA-LEVEL-C
Crock pot solves alot of issues with time, I'll have stuff cooking while im out and it'll be done when I get home, I like eating beans, rice, and vegetables, saves me tons of money and I buy in bulk, 25lb bag of rice is undefeated, on top of growing vegetables and eating from the garden

Ethnic Vagina Finder

The Great Paper Chaser
Daps
Reppin
North Jersey but I miss Cali :sadcam:
If you work long hours, then meal prep on sunday. Folks should've already been meal prepping:hubie:

But let's say you lazy and don't meal prep, you can throw salmon in the oven and rice in the cooker. Dinner in 10 minutes tops. Or you can use a slow cooker, throw all your ingredients in and come home to a complete meal.

It’s not about long hours. If you’re constantly eating fast food/junk food/snack machine bullshyt, it’s going to make you feel lethargic.

Cooking your own food also creates disciple.

Regular Developer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
NJ
I would like someone smarter than me to do a cost of money, time, and energy analysis of shopping for and cooking your own food as a single person vs ordering food and if there's a recommended balance between the 2

Gloxina

Superstar
Daps
i do not understand this meal prep shyt. prep 7 days worth of meals in advance? the fukk for? why yall making MREs? :lolbron:

i swear to god people need to learn how to use LEFTOVERS and a freezer.

zthxGHl1LPBvddG3rQ2e--1--oko0r.jpg

i cook for two people (and sometimes our dog and cats) and it rarely takes more than 20 minutes. usually make something while i have an album playing or a movie on. its a nice way to unwind. of course i dont expect everyone to enjoy it that much.. but its your body. treasure what you put in it.

then again, i imagine a lot of folks in here dont have a lot of home training going by these posts. dirty boxers piled up in the bathroom type of dudes.

:scusthov:
I mean, you can consider leftovers as part of meal planning.

I don’t necessarily mean you need to prepare 3 meals per day for 7 days and chuck em in the freezer. Lol Actually cooking throughout the week, eating leftovers, etc.

The women in my family have dry erase boards in their kitchens and they write what they are cooking throughout the week. So that might be dinner and lunch for a day or two and then something else is being made the following night, etc. Just actually planning your meals so you don’t have to eat out several times a week. 🤷🏾‍♀️

boogers

cats rule, dogs drool
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
#catset
I mean, you can consider leftovers as part of meal planning.

I don’t necessarily mean you need to prepare 3 meals per day for 7 days and chuck em in the freezer. Lol Actually cooking throughout the week, eating leftovers, etc.

The women in my family have dry erase boards in their kitchens and they write what they are cooking throughout the week. So that might be dinner and lunch for a day or two and then something else is being made the following night, etc. Just actually planning your meals so you don’t have to eat out several times a week. 🤷🏾‍♀️
i didnt mean you lol