R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
It took rock like 7-8 years before he even got good roles

Like 2010 he started poppin
Rock was in a lot of #1 movies from the day he started till like what? 2006 with Southland Tales? They didn't make 50 million opening week like these days but he getting #1 or #2 openings and his performances were often praised the most. In Walking Tall. Rundown, Game Plan, Gridiron Gang, all of that shyt. They weren't GRAND SLAMS...but his name was never dragged in the mud once. Scripts and the castings were dissected. He got put in better scripts and decent co stars and now look at him..he's left everyone in the dust. Wlll Smith, Brad Pitt, Chantem Tanning, Orlando Bloom, Johnny Deep, Clooney, Julia Roberts, Reese Witherspoon, Angelina Jolie, Anne Hathaway, and Jennifer Lawrence is even losing traction now with no Hunger Games to fall back on. He's the KING of Hollywood....you got fans on social media trying to create a movement to have him run for President for 2020..that's how well like he is at this point.

Cena would need to be Kelly Ripa's sidekick if he wants to maintain any kind of public image once the WWE gets sick of pushing him like the very top star.

AKM-95

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Parts Unknown
Cena may not be a major blockbuster movie star, but I don't see why he couldn't be on a show with Kelly Ripa, Good Morning America or the Today Show. Some day time television bullshyt seems to suit him and he can get paid to do it :manny:

Pretty much

I could see him doing a fast lane/Miami vice type of show. Hell if WWE was smart they would produce Marine The series and let Cena dabble in Hollywood while keeping him on the roster for while.

Cartier Murphy

Apathy’s a Tragedy & Boredom is a Crime
Daps
Cena has this thing where he seems too animated during promotional appearances and interviews. I haven't seen any of his non WWE acting roles like Train Wreck because Amy Schumer is :scusthov: onsight so I can't judge his acting chops. I think once he further expands his brand outside of the WWE umbrella, he's got a chance. This SNL appearance will be his sink or swim moment and will give enough to gauge any future success.

85 East

DJ D'eeznuts
Daps
He just needs his "Be Cool" role. It was a combo of SNL and The Rocks comedic timing in Be Cool that reall6 did it for him. Get Cena away from the whole Marine shtick and he can do it. Put him as a straight guy in a remake of 3 men and a Baby and he can pullink it off...

Spyro

Banned
Daps
It took rock like 7-8 years before he even got good roles

Like 2010 he started poppin

Mummy Returns, Scorpion King, The Rundown, Doom (I enjoyed it), Gridiron Gang, Faster. A few others I've heard good things but never seen, so he may not have been huge but he still had plenty of good roles before 2010. :manny:

Spyro

Banned
Daps
I think Cena is more likely to get a lead role in an ABC sitcom or something. Like a family sitcom where he plays a bodybuilder dad or something, 24 episodes, similar to the Middle and stuff like that and he'll earn big cash. :yeshrug:

LastManStanding

Veteran
Daps
I think we already know who the real movie star currently on the WWE roster is..

the_marine_3_homefront_2013_ws_r1-front-www.getdvdcovers.com_.jpg

freedvdcover_the-marine-4-moving-target-2015-r1-custom.jpg

Santas_Little_Helper_DVD_Spine

61aZ2Y9j2cL.jpg

getdvdcovers_christmas-bounty.jpg

The Marine 3 & 4 have higher IMDB scores than Cena's Marine 1 as well:mjgrin:

tumblr_n99t6hTDgF1szvd2fo3_400.gif

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Actually cena could be good in roles.
where you take him completely from physical or athletic looks and have him be a board room worker.
Or the nice friend zoned guy in the chic flick who is married.
or pull a move like Jackman was in milk money.
Past that he won't work till he gets past the wwe cheese factor.
they instill in their brand.
so, their properties can not make money generally without the wwe.
If cena could that he could be a Marky mark boston mass type on film.
if he can distance himself from wwe cheese.
which, may not happen cause wwe created cena to be their new flagship in legacy over hogun as the time passed anyway.
IN, general I aGREE wITH THE Premise Of The Thread BECAUSE WWE HAS NOT SHOWN AN Ability To Get Past THEIR Self IMPOSSED Cheese factor.

so, cena is kinda dead locked in general.
unless he takes it to himself to get out of that factor.
which we don't know if cena has the drive to do.
As he is all pro wwe on everything.

Art Barr

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
Batista is not a more praised actor than the Rock and Batista doesn't headline or mean shyt to any bottom line. He's a sidekick actor part of a gig...that's about it. But at least they aren't bombs and no sells like they have been for Cena. Will Smith, Pitt, and Jolie aren't anywhere near the buzz of the Rock in 2016 and this bozo is talking about Batista? LOL.

dbp

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I think he can be big if he avoids doing nothing but macho meathead roles. Never saw Trainwreck, but apparently he was quite good in that.

I still think Austin coulda been a huge hit if he channeled his more goofy podcast persona instead of the Stone Cold copy he tends to do in movies.

It took Rock a bit to find his place, but he did.