Opinion: Cena can NEVER be a big budget Actor

AKM-95

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Parts Unknown
Rock gets too much credit for the success of his movies

To keep it a buck if Cena got those same roles I don't think the numbers change for GI Joe or Fast or hell that movie with a Kevin Hart

The thing is Cena not getting those roles. The Rock been in the game for years and actually earned his spot. Cena could earn a role as a minor character but in most cases, studios won't trust him as a leading man cause he's unproven.

Heelish

#TSC #spooky
Supporter
Daps
I still think Austin coulda been a huge hit if he channeled his more goofy podcast persona instead of the Stone Cold copy he tends to do in movies
Nah, Storm Front wouldn't be able to help himself from saying some anti-semitic shyt if he was more than a ninth-billed "action star". He could never get any bigger. Hollywood would blackball him so fast. :banderas:

Storm Front: "Diamonds... furs... movie business, what's the deal here? This a monopoly?" :sitdown:

Paul Heyman: "What?" :ld:

SF: "... WHAT." :beli:

PH: "WHAT?!" :skip:

SF: "YOUR PEOPLE!!!" :damn:

PH: "My people?" :what:

SF: "YEAH!!!" :damn:

Heyman: "Well, we own everything."

SF: "I KNOW!!! HOW IS THAT!?!" :damn:

wY8FQF0.jpg

LiveFromLondon

Superstar
Daps
Cena is too much of clean cut boy scout, he can't play anything else and unfortunately for him Hollwood has moved away from that type of character(see Superman not being as popular now as in the 70's-80's N even Bond was forced to change even though he wasnt a typical boyscout). Most antoginists in movies are now expected to be dynamic and I doubt if Cena has the acting chops to be 'believable' in a role. Hell Rocky's image now is clean cut and I cant think of a boyscout character hes portrayed recently. Plus I'm certain Cena has tried hard for hollywood but movie excecs have taken a look at boyscout SuperCena of the last 8years and been turned off. Ironic that in Hollywood, Cena is a VANILLA MIDGET.

PlayerNinety_Nine

Produced, Arranged, Composed and Performed by....
Daps
Nice opinion.

Would like to know this list of movies though

I think he did a 'Scorpion King'

then

Man With The Iron Fists
The new Bloodsport
Spectre
Guardians Of The Galaxy 1 & 2 (Avengers Infinty War too)
the new Blade Runner.

Off the last 3 alone, he's gonna eat off comic-con signings for the rest of his life :manny:

Cladyclad

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Detroit Lions, Michigan Wolverines & LWO
all it really takes is becoming a part of a successful franchise
To keep it a buck the rock only came back to WWE to get us back on his side. Then he got attached to those blockbuster franchises and just took off. Because all his movies prior to Fast & GI Joe was lukewarm critically & financially

James Dean

All Star
Daps
I think he did a 'Scorpion King'

then

Man With The Iron Fists
The new Bloodsport
Spectre
Guardians Of The Galaxy 1 & 2 (Avengers Infinty War too)
the new Blade Runner.

Off the last 3 alone, he's gonna eat off comic-con signings for the rest of his life :manny:
Some of those wern't very good as far his contributions. Can easily think of some good Rock films to challenge those. But it's all subjective at the end of the day

jadillac

Veteran
Daps
Nah. Cena can make a living in comedy roles.

He won't be as big as Rock. But him alongside Mark Wahlberg could be a hit

Berniewood Hogan

IT'S BERNIE SANDERS WITH A STEEL CHAIR!
Daps
Reppin
nWg
Pretty much

I could see him doing a fast lane/Miami vice type of show. Hell if WWE was smart they would produce Marine The series and let Cena dabble in Hollywood while keeping him on the roster for while.
CENA'S THUNDER IN PARADISE, BROTHER! :gladbron:

Ribbs

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
I can see him in a supporting cast of a comedy honestly :manny:

Hogan's Heroes but with mercenaries with a mockumentary style camera like Parks and Rec or The Office :manny:

stro

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Indiana
Batista ain't a star either, brehs. He's a comic relief character in a franchise with about 30 of them. Batista ain't headlining a movie ever. Cena can definitely be at the same level as Batista in film.

Silkk

Thats My Quarterback :to:
Daps
I mean sure, but I wouldn't say he could never be a big budget actor. I felt that way about Rock when he first started doing movies. It's really about finding out what works, which can take years. If John is persistent enough, he can eventually find his niche and eat well.
Yep, all he needs is one series just like Vin Diesel, Jason Statham, Matt Damon, or something.

And now with Netflix, Amazon, etc all pushing original content he's gonna get work.

prophecypro

Hollywood North
Daps
Reppin
LDN
Hes better as a support actor playing like a jarhead comedic character on some Sam Eagle shyt

Only alternative is if they are looking for a older Channing Tatum