Panther's Progress Log

BelieveBeOK

Superstar
Daps
This is me right now, minus the kid :to:

Stepped on the scale last week and it said 94kg (207lbs). I was 82kg (180lbs) in March 2020 and in amazing shape :snoop:

My goal is to get back there by March this year. I can't exit my 20's looking and feeling like this:flabbynsick:. I'm also high key dreading the day they ask us to go back to the office. Will need an entire new work-wardrobe if I had to go back today :sadcam:

I know I've got it in me because 5 years ago, I went from 97kg to 80kg at one point. Just need to get back into that disciplined frame of mind with regard to excercise and more importantly diet.

Went for two runs this week (both 6km) and bought some dumbells for use at home in addition to my pull-up bar.

Thanks for the motivation man and well done on the crazy progress you've made since posting this. Hopefully I can post something similar in a few months:salute:
Two months later and I'm down to 87kg (191lbs) from 94kg (207lbs). January was an amazing month in terms of discipline, did a total of 88km (road running) in January and was strict in terms of calorie counting.

Feb started off well too until I went for my cousin's wedding. I ALWAYS fall off the wagon after I've come back from a trip and that happened again. Become lax in terms of diet and excercise but trying to get back into it. Did 7.5km on the road today which was tough but felt good.

Glad I didn't lose too much of my progress last month and put that down to not drinking any alcohol. Hoping to post a final update next month when I've hit my target (84kg)

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
With the weather finally warming up im trying get some 2 a days in (weights in the gym and outside runs in).Started today and felt really good. Gonna make a really strong push before the summer really gets here.

Also my ex facetimed me as i was wrapping up my workout today (aka i was in the mirror looking at my pump) :russ: yall should've seen her face

shyt made my day :laugh::jawalrus::smugfavre:

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
Joined a running club over the weekend. Dope to join a mostly black group that runs a few times a week.

Good way to be social, and get that work in at the same time.

Looks like shytty weather this week. Gym it is this week :lift:

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
Went and did some yoga for the 1st time yesterday, def helped my back stiffness that has been giving me problems lately.

Didnt realize how much yoga can take outta you. I slept like a baby last night :dead:

phcitywarrior

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Naija / DMV
Went and did some yoga for the 1st time yesterday, def helped my back stiffness that has been giving me problems lately.

Didnt realize how much yoga can take outta you. I slept like a baby last night :dead:

I need to get into more stretching tbh. I’m still quite limber but as you age that pliability erodes. Maybe swap a rest day for dedicated stretching, either that or daily morning stretches.

Panther

Byrdgang
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
ByrdGang
Switched things up beginning with today
Still on my 4 day gym split but doing my splits in reverse order, been cheating on leg day :francis: so its now day 2 and chest is day 3. Iso back day is now day 1 and compound back day is day 4.

Yoga tonight, its lovely weather today im looking forward to it

The ADD

Old Master
Daps
On a whim I registered for the peachtree road race on july 4

I just want to finish in under an hour
Nice did it three times. If you have to start in one of the last waves just be prepared to zig-zag around walkers a lot. Honestly I wouldn’t worry too much about time, if you are in the back a PR is going to be tough. Celebrate the accomplishment and go again next year for a faster time.