Pentagon/US military is high key incompetent :poll

Pentagon/US military is high key incompetent

• Yes I agree, they just have bigger budget,resources and bases than anyone else

Votes: 35 81.4%
  • No, they are damn near flawless

Votes: 5 11.6%
  • Not sure

Votes: 3 7.0%

• Total voters

Jalether

Superstar
Daps
This question is hard because its relative. Are they incompetent yes, they are in many ways.

But I will tell you a story. When I first joined the Army in 97, I got sent to a field problem shortly after AIT. It was my first one so I was kind of excited to see how we fight. I expected well oiled machine rolling over our enemies. I expected damn near perfection. One night when we were in the field, OPFOR just strollled into the TOC and "killed" the battalion staff and stolled back out. I was shocked, I thought we were bad ass, I tought we were awesome, then slowly I started to see how bad we were. It was a wake up call. I remember thinking how do we win wars? Then a year later I got to work with a couple different foreign militaries. They made out guys look like super heros! So the answer is yes DoD is incompetent in many ways. But the other guy is FAAAAAAAR worse.
That explains why Russia is losing the Ukraine war. They are suppose to be the 2nd largest military in the world by some distance

CrushedGroove

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
The infrastructure itself is great. It's the personnel. Especially now, too many putting ideology ahead of function. Too many faking that training paperwork than actually training. The newer generation too disconnected from the purpose behind why they do what they do, and ultimately don't give a damn, and it shows in the level of care they put in the rest of their life. But those young mfers will argue to the death about why they gotta do something instead of just doing it.

Jatt

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
It’s designed to pillage, not for anyone to really reap the gains but a select few.

Chrishaune

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Huntsville
Exactly. When a war pops off who is benefitting? Lockheed Martin, Boeing, all sorts of American private military companies and construction companies who can get govt contracts to come in and build poor quality infrastructure for big money. If you're in the military you're being deployed not to defend people but to expand profits. WWII is the last defensive and 'just' war we've been involved in. Ever since then it's just been us wasting lives and money to keep the military industrial complex growing.

The longer this Ukraine shyt goes on the better if you're a company like Raytheon because what that means is that the US govt is sending its old surplus hardware, then coming to you to purchase your newest and most expensive equipment. You're eating well off this and the longer it goes on the better.

You can't tell me that there aren't gladio-style operatives in Russia that Biden or NATO can just give the greenlight on to merc Putin and his people. They don't want to take that option because there's no money in it. But it's profitable(for shareholders) to keep sending weapons and replenishing the surplus with more expensive gear.

Breh, you forget they were selling weapons before getting involved in World War 2. That's been the culture of the government.

They didn't start sending large numbers of troops until after Pearl Harbor.

Ever since they found out they could make big money with war they kept doing it.

They just disguised it with propaganda for the people, but people are finally waking up.

How many people have went to these places and died because some folks wanted to put more money in their pockets? A lot more than we'll ever know.

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
They are incompetent and they are corrupt. They know they will be over funded regardless.

Last edited:

Carl Tethers

@mastermind is OVO
Supporter
Daps
Breh, you forget they were selling weapons before getting involved in World War 2. That's been the culture of the government.

They didn't start sending large numbers of troops until after Pearl Harbor.

Ever since they found out they could make big money with war they kept doing it.

They just disguised it with propaganda for the people, but people are finally waking up.

How many people have went to these places and died because some folks wanted to put more money in their pockets? A lot more than we'll ever know.

You once said you worked on top-secret military projects though :mjlol:

Too many chatty patties :francis:

Daps
Reppin
Occulonimbus edoequus
The things that make the military fail are incompetent civilians that control the budget and the out of touch politicians that pull its strings.

The rest of the dumb shyt is because of the quality or lack thereof of people joining.

A lot of the manning has been gutted due to sequestration in 2012 and most of the sane and experienced people left.

You're left with trannys, triggered/entitled Gen Z and incel cacs.

The Afghanistan drawdown was a fiasco, and people only remember the last bad thing the military did.

If there's another war....they'll be "Heroes" again and can do no wrong.