People who are good at passing tests have no idea what it’s like to not being able to do it

Black Trash!

Philosopher, Connoisseur, Future Legend
Daps
Reppin
Na
I had to come to terms that academia just ain’t in me

I can comprehend math, but I get nervous and fail tests, but I at least had a chance because you have to work out the problems
shyt like Art history or Biology where you gotta read or remember i sunk as soon as it starts

My Dad passed law school and I asked him how’d you study, did you use flash cards?
Why you ain’t show me how to study?

He responds nah I just read the book

I’m looking at him like:ohhh::gucci::ohhh:
I get why you looked at me like just do better
Cuz you just better than me

Last edited:

Space Cowboy

Allahu Akbar
Daps
Reppin
CowboysNation
You need to find something you're passionate about so you'll retain the information. I'm similar. I can't pretend to give two fukks about something if I don't care. I wasn't built for college but still went but my real passion was art and animation and I had dreams of being an animator. My parents didn't approve and wanted me to go to college for a degree but I just about flunked out. Got the BA though. I struggled after but found something I'm passionate about. When I'm passionate I'm one tracked brain and learn everything there is about that thing unti I master it and that's where I've found my success. I've tried certs, all that stuff but have zero urge to learn it because I couldn't give a shyt. It's how my mind works. It's not that I'm stupid (in school I was actually an A and B student) but if I'm not passionate about something job related then I go comatose.

So find something that ignites that spark in you. Stick with it and success will come.

Also some people retain information differently. I have a photographic memory. If I read it, then it's stored in my head. Perhaps you retain info through audio. Test things and find out. So maybe an academic future is still possible.

Megagraphitti

Caribbean-Canadian 🇦🇬
Daps
Reppin
Canada 🇨🇦
I typically had to study weeks/months in advance to do well in undergrad, like already making cue cards and going over the material after the first day of class. I was always fascinated by people who could start studying 2-3 days in advance and do well. I'm not naturally talented like that.

Spiider

All Star
Daps
Reppin
NYC
I don’t think you need to read at all for history classes. All you have to do is just listen to the teacher/professor in class.

I agree that stuff like Biology is a lot harder though. There’s so much terminology to remember that it’s hard to keep everything straight. The best way to study for a class like that is to go over questions on Quizlet that are related to whatever subject you went over in class. You can also find YouTube videos that break it down and make it easier to understand.

Shadow King

Quiet N***a Loud Choppa
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Hometown of Cherokee at Law
Academic success is about the willingness to force proficiency in subjects you don't care about. This is where my issue started because I could not force myself to master shìt like geometry/physics/pre-calc knowing I had no aspirations to use them. And this was essentially a STEM high school at that where those subjects weighed double.

Nonetheless test taking is not hard. Most tests feature multiple choice and give you 2 obviously wrong answers automatically. If you did moderate reading on the subject you should win most of the 50/50 answers.

Open ended questions require more thought but again if you read any of it you gain earn some points.

I don't think there's any reason to get less than a 70 on a test that doesn't feature math formulas.

Billie Jean

everything I did wrong...worked.
Daps
Reppin
Neverland
U just aint found your study style

Flashcards and highlighters dont do shyt for me. I have to talk it out like im explaining it to a retard:myman:

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
Make 'cheat sheets'. Don't actually use them for tests, the simple act of making them will imprint the information on your brain. Mine used to be about 1" x 5". The smaller, the better since I had to concentrate to write.

You might also want to ask your teacher/proctor for help.​

Still Benefited

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
The teacher failed you,unless you just completely fail. If you were an average student,better teachers wouldve gotten you Bs and A's. If you were a student getting Ds and F's its possible you just couldnt grasp it. Or you lacked the drive to pull off C's. This is how students need to be seperated in the school system. F students in one group,average students in one group,and above average and excelling students in another. The school system will fail until you do this:respect:

gho3st

plata or plomo
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
I had to come to terms that academia just ain’t in me

I can comprehend math, but I get nervous and fail tests, but I at least had a chance because you have to work out the problems
shyt like Art history or Biology where you gotta read or remember i sunk as soon as it starts

My Dad passed law school and I asked him how’d you study, did you use flash cards?
Why you ain’t show me how to study?

He responds nah I just read the book

I’m looking at him like:ohhh::gucci::ohhh:
I get why you looked at me like just do better
Cuz you just
Be a mechanic...i know nikkas that cant do sht in school but are geniius as labor sht