People who are good at passing tests have no idea what it’s like to not being able to do it

The Fade

I don’t argue with niqqas on the Internet anymore
Daps
Some of us are not talented but that doesn’t mean you can’t do good. We gotta practice and muscle memory it in, just the way it is. But once you under stand the art of practice: efficiency, frequency, time AND relevancy.. you can get good at stuff you never thought you could get good at.

Learn, apply it, and then go to sleep and do it again. Even better when you’re in a group and can learn people’s habits by osmosis

Fiji Water

Every moment is an opportunity
Daps
Reppin
Harlem
Y’all think regular test taking is hard?

Try taking nursing exams where they actively try to fukk you over with similar answers or “select all that applies” questions.
Lmaooooo I watched my ex go thru most of nursing school and I legit had to calm down just seeing her study all the time. That terminology and trick question shyt is stressful even from a distance.

Sidebar, does every nurse have a nice ass or is there just something about scrubs that brings out the best in a butt???

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Academic success is about the willingness to force proficiency in subjects you don't care about. This is where my issue started because I could not force myself to master shìt like geometry/physics/pre-calc knowing I had no aspirations to use them. And this was essentially a STEM high school at that where those subjects weighed double.

Nonetheless test taking is not hard. Most tests feature multiple choice and give you 2 obviously wrong answers automatically. If you did moderate reading on the subject you should win most of the 50/50 answers.

Open ended questions require more thought but again if you read any of it you gain earn some points.

I don't think there's any reason to get less than a 70 on a test that doesn't feature math formulas.
This is the key. You can’t breeze past info you either don’t understand or don’t see a need for.

IIVI

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
LA
My Calc II professor put it to us great once: school is a way to train yourself to prepare to work well under pressure. When you have four to six years of passing these kinds of tests, yes you can you truly are built different. A lot of people have kind of lost sight of that. When people say "That ain't shyt, I can do it too" school is supposed to be a way to say "Ok then, prove it. Deal with all the bullshyt and come away with that accolade."

Test anxiety is real, but is overcome every time by preparation and knowledge/understanding. You can't cheat the grind.
If you blow an exam it's because you didn't prepare enough, that simple.
Someone who's done that time and time again can look at a history of difficulties and say "I've been through this before, maybe even worse nothing new." Tests like that are a reminder of what you've been through as well and strengthens who you are.

That's why when you cheat through school, you're really only cheating yourself.

If it ain't working out, it's a sign to improve something. It's exposing a weakness. Find what that is and work on it. That's part of the process. If you fail, that doesn't make you a failure. It means there's something to improve.

The only video you really need:

Last edited:

Lord Quas

Pro
Daps
You know what…similar thing happened to me in one of my hardest courses in college. One of my friends got a 100% on an exam that fukked pretty much everyone else. I asked him how the fukk he studies, because I need to do that…And guess what he told me? “I just read the info until I understand it”….and low key what he said my changed my studying habits for good. Even though at the time, I just figured well I guess he’s smarter than I am.

Later on, I realized when I was “studying” I was just taking notes on stuff for the sake of taking notes. I wasn’t actually understanding the material…Just taking notes to feel like I was learning shyt and doing something. And what did I do when it came time for the classes final? Spent hours and hours in the library just reading the shyt until I understood it. Didn’t take pages full of notes…just kept reading it until I could sit there and truly explain the concept to myself.

Forcing myself to explain, not memorize the text. The distinction between memorization and understanding is very important, and what that distinction is, you have to find out yourself, everyone’s brain is different. Whenever I felt like I had a burning question on a concept and it still didn’t make sense I didn’t move on to the next thing. I sat there sometimes for a whole ass hour just wrestling with one concept, one thing, I didn’t understand, to try and figure it out. Use something like ChatGPT to help explain concepts to you, I would’ve killed for that to have been out while I was still in college.

In short you need to take an honest look at your study habits.

Geek Nasty

Brain Knowledgeably Whizzy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
South Kakalaka
Repetition is a big part of it. Don’t assume you can see something once and know it forever. There’s something called the spacing effect that tricks your brain into remembering information. Access info repeatedly and over time.

If you’re in school read ahead of where the professor is lecturing. Then in class you should have a basic understanding. And can ask questions to fill in the gaps.

Go back periodically and review notes, homework, or lectures. Doesn’t have to take a ton of time, but the act of re-remembering info tricks your brain into thinking it’s more important and makes more neural connections to that info.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
I had to come to terms that academia just ain’t in me

I can comprehend math, but I get nervous and fail tests, but I at least had a chance because you have to work out the problems
shyt like Art history or Biology where you gotta read or remember i sunk as soon as it starts

My Dad passed law school and I asked him how’d you study, did you use flash cards?
Why you ain’t show me how to study?

He responds nah I just read the book

I’m looking at him like:ohhh::gucci::ohhh:
I get why you looked at me like just do better
Cuz you just better than me

The way to just beat the game is in what he said.

He just should have told you a bit more.

Read rhe chapter.

do not take notes on the first read. Just read the chapter.
It should take an hour or so.

After you read the chapter.
Go re-write the chapter in your own words.

That is the only way I found out how to pass college courses.

You literally have to read the text.
without taking notes the first time. Then re write that chapter.
By breaking the Concepts into your own language.

It js people who have photographic memories and all that jazz. Yet the only way I found to compete and pass the tests.
they were given some God given photographic memory based ability.
that is next level and not normal.

Good luck.

Art Barr

Dafunkdoc_Unlimited

Theological Noncognitivist Since Birth
Daps
Reppin
The Wrong Side of the Tracks
USMLE step exams looking at this thread like :birdman: :ufdup:
I have to re-certify every 3 years for 8 different Certifications. Total cost: $12,000. Tests are a combination of written + practical utilizing gear in the field. Each year, some new standard/code or another is announced. Company pays for them so long as I pass. I fail, I have to come out my own pocket to re-test or lose my Certs & occupation.

I......WILL.....NOT......FAIL.​

Turbulent

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Something that might help. When i was in school i would visualize everything the teacher said and everything i read. Even the abstract stuff like math or whatever, i would somehow imagine graph, shapes, problems that made sense in my head very vividly and sometimes draw it on paper. During the test i would just recall those images and it came easy. Same thing with history, i would make a movie in my head. Anyway hope that helps.

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Something that might help. When i was in school i would visualize everything the teacher said and everything i read. Even the abstract stuff like math or whatever, i would somehow imagine graph, shapes, problems that made sense in my head very vividly and sometimes draw it on paper. During the test i would just recall those images and it came easy. Same thing with history, i would make a movie in my head. Anyway hope that helps.

The theory to destroy black boys is made to keep us from using this ability in general at around nine to ten.

Yet it is a great solution.
that is taken from us systemically.
being black in america through their academia system.

Art Barr

Art Barr

INVADING SOHH CHAMPION
Daps
Reppin
CHICAGO
Lmaooooo I watched my ex go thru most of nursing school and I legit had to calm down just seeing her study all the time. That terminology and trick question shyt is stressful even from a distance.

Sidebar, does every nurse have a nice ass or is there just something about scrubs that brings out the best in a butt???

If you become a male nurse assistant.

It is the pathway to understanding and becoming a lothario.

Being a nurse was priceless. from all I gained and used to my advantage in life as a lothario.

Art Barr