Philly people what's the reputation of the MOVE organization now days?

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Never knew about them until I just finished this documentary
Watch Full Episodes Online of Independent Lens on PBS | Let the Fire Burn (good watch for the lifeline of events)

How are they looked upon now? Do people still talk about the bombing?
I can see how some west philly folks would support them but at the same time I could see how they were against them being in the neighborhood.
The city fukked up that situation so bad.
Reminded me a little of what's going on today. Classic police setup of a black organization in order to bring their demise. They weren't messing with anybody.
onamove.jpg

MOVE is a Philadelphia-based black liberation group founded by John Africa (born Vincent Leaphart) in 1972. The group lives communally. Its members frequently engage in public demonstrations against racism, police brutality, and other issues.

The group is particularly known for two major conflicts with the Philadelphia Police Department. In 1978, a standoff resulted in the death of one police officer, injuries to several other people, and life sentences for nine members. In 1985, another standoff ended when a police helicopter dropped a bomb on their compound, a row house in the middle of Osage Avenue, causing a fire. This killed eleven MOVE members, including five children. The fire burst out of control and destroyed 65 houses in the neighborhood, prompting widespread news coverage

Insun Park

Fukk Em
Daps
Actually talked to my pops about it a few weeks ago

Apparently nobody in the surrounding areas liked them and they were causing all sorts of chaos for people/doing all sorts of stupid shyt. They were against any sort of modern stuff I believe.

They're werent highly regarded then and they're not highly regarded now

PortCityProphet

Follow me to the truth
Daps
Reppin
Bama ass DC
Actually talked to my pops about it a few weeks ago

Apparently nobody in the surrounding areas liked them and they were causing all sorts of chaos for people/doing all sorts of stupid shyt. They were against any sort of modern stuff I believe.

They're werent highly regarded then and they're not highly regarded now

yeah I was surprised when the folks in the neighborhood who had problems with them moving in were black.
but I'm not mad at em imagine being them
"oh we got some new neighbors look to be some mo black folks :myman: "
"they not really dressing their kids but to each their own, aint none of my business :hubie:"
"i know it gets cold in the winter but what they doing with all that damn wood in front of the stoop :dahell:"
"Are these folks building a sniper tower on the roof? :what:"
"they got to go :camby:"
"cause these folks moved in and the city a racist fukktard and wants to bomb the neighborhood, I lost my home I've been in 20 years :martin::beli::pacspit::mjcry:"