PLEASE HELP. My tenants organized and are saying they won't pay rent this month. ALL OF THEM.

Cobalt Sire

All Star
Daps
Being a land lord requires more cognitive and management skills than serving fukking drinks and bringing folks their food in a restaurant guy.

It's simple to work in a factory loading totes on a converyor belt. That's hard work compared to being a landlord.

Superstar
Daps
i don't get it, they're about to receive an unemployment check with 600 extra per week from that bill

the link says they don't want more time or payment arrangements. they want rent to be $0

i'd definitely try to work with them and each situation they have, but if they are unwilling to work with me and demanding i charge $0 then i'd rather kick them all out once the ban is lifted

if i'm getting nothing in rent it doesn't matter if the apartments are empty or not, plus i'd need less staff with empty apartments

BlackBall

Superstar
Daps
Let that bytch survive off the 1200 dollar check like the rest of us :laff:

How do you have 32 units and are strapped for cash? That building should've generated millions for her
And never paid any income tax, showing loses every year

DjMe

Pro
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Most important post in that thread:
"I question if this story is true or if it exists to promote divisiveness. u/pizzaratpizzarat has a one month old account and a lot of activity on a Virginia Guns sub that has been very divisive recently. Whether or not this story is true, it is certainly effective in inflaming class tensions in the US."

Stay off reddit. It's all bots and paid posters making posts designed to get you to passionately hate a different viewpoint than your own, by taking a stance that is almost a parody of itself. Now you got people here arguing with each other about this, and god only knows if the story is even true. We're all locked up inside, lonely, going crazy--don't feed your soul with hate/trash/fear like this shyt--it's no way to live.

posterchild336

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Average apartment in houston = 1338$ a month

Times 32 units. Times 12 months equals over a half a million a year gross. Her expenses ain't even half that

Duuuurr I NeEd HeLP Half A MilLioN a YeaR Is My OnlY iNcOme durrrr
How the hell do you know what her expenses are what is a mortgage on a 32 unit building? U ront evrn have the price or know what she is making or other expensese...coli.com

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
It's easier to bust tables than it is to manage property. Thats why inexperience highschool kids can go to any franchise restaurant and learn to do that shyt in a day dude just stop it nikka. Property management takes alot more cognitive skills and can be labouring if you able to do your own maintenance.
Just because work is simple, doesn't make it easy. Jumping jacks are easy, but you'll be worn out if you do it all day.
I can respect both however.

General Mills

More often than not I tend to take that L.
Daps
Reppin
Piffsburgh, PA
Doubt this happened. 32 units everybody on code? Nobody working from home?

people just type shyt on social media to go viral.
If you have 32 units you have a lawyer on deck.
All they have to do is ask for proof of income over the past month and take it from there.
I do not believe this for this reason. No way ALL 32 would be on code. That is not human nature. There are always a few a$$holes, contrarians, c00ns, etc who will not go along with it.

Originalman

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
This negative sentiment against landlords has always existed. People have to go out and bust their ass for money, while a landlord simply collects money from people to live somewhere. Show me a landlord that works as hard as a barista, construction worker, waiter, etc. A landlord doesn't have to wake up early, stay somewhere for 8 hours a day, commute for 2-3 hours to and from work, and certainly doesn't have to remain busy like a robot. As far as "jobs" go, I imagine being a landlord is one of the easiest. Yeah, you have to evict people sometimes. You might get a bad tenant. Ok, so go to court and remove them. Being a landlord is easy compared to just about every job out there. It's like a nice little white collar job, but with a lot more freedom.

Not to mention because of wealth imbalances, a lot of landlords inherited their rental properties. People don't see it as fair.

Some landlords are like this but there are many landlords who are regular folks that work 9 to 5s and this is a means of income.

My boy was like this before he got a gig in corporate america. He fukked up in his teens and got a drug charge. Had 10 years of probation so he couldn't always get a job after the background check (or get an apartment). So one way he made money was him and his wife bought and 2 unit house in chicago. They lived on the top floor and rented out the bottom floor. Dude was a landlord fixing shyt himself as he had a gig working on the factory floor during the day and doing odd labor jobs on the weekends.

Know some barbers, hairdressers, teachers and other regular 9-5 folks (black and latin) who work a regular job and have a rental property.

So nope all landlords aren't some rich folks who do nothing and sit up all day and collect checks.

southern.girl

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Starkset
I'm seeing tons of open hatred towards landlords, celebrities, businessmen and politicians during this virus shyt

:ohhh:

Interesting times ahead of us.

Pharrell was out of pocket for that post. How is he a millionaire asking people, who may have lost their jobs or will lose it in the near future, to donate. He has discretionary income...they may not. That post showed how detached from reality celebs are.

And what about her tenants? They should be the ones getting shyt on? Naw homie. It's about time for the shyt to roll uphill for once

You are living a pipe dream. As a responsible adult, you should always prioritize food & shelter in your monthly budget. Even if you can’t pay rent in full, you should pay something in good faith. A consensus on paying $0 rent is the definition of entitlement. As many people have noted, you have no idea what the landlord’s expense are.

And telling this landlord to sell the property is extremely short sighted. For one, having several non paying tenants creates negative cash flow & becomes a huge deterrent to buyers. Secondly, we are about to enter a housing crash. The landlord would be lucky if they can break even after a sale.

Why are my opinions in opposition of each other? Non religious donations come from discretionary spending. Needing shelter is a necessity.

Swirv

Superstar
Supporter
Daps
This negative sentiment against landlords has always existed. People have to go out and bust their ass for money, while a landlord simply collects money from people to live somewhere. Show me a landlord that works as hard as a barista, construction worker, waiter, etc. A landlord doesn't have to wake up early, stay somewhere for 8 hours a day, commute for 2-3 hours to and from work, and certainly doesn't have to remain busy like a robot. As far as "jobs" go, I imagine being a landlord is one of the easiest. Yeah, you have to evict people sometimes. You might get a bad tenant. Ok, so go to court and remove them. Being a landlord is easy compared to just about every job out there. It's like a nice little white collar job, but with a lot more freedom.

Not to mention because of wealth imbalances, a lot of landlords inherited their rental properties. People don't see it as fair.
This is bs. The owner of the building across from me is at the building six days a week at 6am faithfully. Not every landlord is a fat cat sitting behind a desk counting hundred dollar bills.

the tenants in this scenario should’ve talked to the landlord individually or the landlord should’ve reached out to each of them to find out if anything has changed in their life.

Being a responsible landlord and tenant is a two way street.

STEVE

MIami Beach on the check-in.
Daps
Reppin
Miami Beach, FL
Dude STFU. You're worried more about the landlord than the average worker right now. Exactly why this country is such a shythole
Imagine me giving a SINGLE fukk about a landlord. :skip:

All you property owners on here (I was a homeowner and sold my house) better bunker down. LOL