PLEASE HELP. My tenants organized and are saying they won't pay rent this month. ALL OF THEM.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
She didn't "provide" that housing. God put the land there, she didn't. She probably didn't even build the building that's on the land. She simply used her wealth advantage to buy up property before others had the chance (the primary driver of housing costs which keep owning a home out-of-reach for most Black Americans) and then forces them to pay her for the right to keep them non-owners.

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
exactly which is why rent stabilization has old buildings in NYC looking crap. Landlords can’t afford the cost
I'm sure there's a lot of folk who own entire buildings in fukking NYC who can't "afford" to keep their maintenance up. :duck:

This pandemic ain't no different from losing your job for any other reason
You still owe that rent

Only a moron would think this is a good idea
Hell yeah it's different, when you lose your job in normal times you can look for another one, right now there ain't no jobs to look for AT ALL and you ain't even supposed to be looking. :gucci:

And mortgage owners think it's just fine to ask for their mortgage payment to be deferred for the duration but it's a "moron" idea for renters to ask the same. :mjcry:

Breh I know people are going through it but none of that gives renters the right to refuse to pay rent
The entitlement is sickening
You're right, only workers should suffer in times like these. Sure, landowners are going around asking the banks for their mortgage payments to be put off until the crisis ends, but how dare poor workers think they have the same negotiation rights the rich landlords do! She's sitting there with her comparatively massive income and you know she ain't going to do shyt for her tenants these two months, but she still wants her dough.

And you had the balls to accuse the tenants of entitlement. :russ:

I see this sentiment a lot lately and I'm just curious as to what (in your mind) these people did to deserve "karma" - as you put it. So you're a bad person because you saved up money and invested in some property to rent out? You're doing something wrong because you're an "entertainer"? Why do businessmen always have to be crooked too? There is a lot of jealousy from underachievers in this world.
Believe that America is a meritocracy brehs. :mjlol:

Believe folk who rent are "underachievers" brehs. :mjlol:

And this is supposed to be a Black forum? :mindblown:

Cobalt Sire

All Star
Daps
This negative sentiment against landlords has always existed. People have to go out and bust their ass for money, while a landlord simply collects money from people to live somewhere. Show me a landlord that works as hard as a barista, construction worker, waiter, etc. A landlord doesn't have to wake up early, stay somewhere for 8 hours a day, commute for 2-3 hours to and from work, and certainly doesn't have to remain busy like a robot. As far as "jobs" go, I imagine being a landlord is one of the easiest. Yeah, you have to evict people sometimes. You might get a bad tenant. Ok, so go to court and remove them. Being a landlord is easy compared to just about every job out there. It's like a nice little white collar job, but with a lot more freedom.

Not to mention because of wealth imbalances, a lot of landlords inherited their rental properties. People don't see it as fair.

Last edited:

UberEatsDriver

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Brooklyn keeps on taking it.
I'm sure there's a lot of folk who own entire buildings in fukking NYC who can't "afford" to keep their maintenance up. :duck:

Not when half the building is paying the same rent from 10 years ago while Market goes up and up. I’m not against rent control and think they should just sell the building or perhaps rent control apartments should be government ran instead of having the landlord deal with them.

Daps
Believe that America is a meritocracy brehs. :mjlol:

Believe folk who rent are "underachievers" brehs. :mjlol:

And this is supposed to be a Black forum? :mindblown:

This mindset is so common I give up lol. & Like the Hilarious thing is most Americans are NEVER 3 months away from being rich but they are 3 months away from poverty.

The poor hate themselves and won't even admit that they are poor. So they would rather believe in this fairytale of bootstraps and meritocracy. Meanwhile, rich people invest and ensure their progeny wealth. The only people who need to "work hard" are the poor. So delusional I can't.

MischievousMonkey

Gor bu dëgër
Daps
Take the L this month and prepare a counterattack for the next one.

Should have made the first move and find compromises with them to avoid this whole situation.

inndaskKy

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
This post is so comically hyperbolic, I have to assume this is satire. What kind of Marxist wet dream rant is this?

Even though the story is clearly :duck: you want to shyt on us landlords for renting properties to people? You are aware not everyone can afford a mortgage let alone buy a property outright, right?

It’s one thing to temporarily suspend payments but to outright refuse paying rent collectively is some bullshyt. So this person should be penalized for taking the incentive to own an apartment complex? Are you serious?

Negged. Play victim some more.
The fact that you have Robin Hood as your avatar and are a zealous landlord is hilarious breh. And the answer to the bolded is yes of course.

YouMadd?

Chakra Daddy
Bushed
Daps
Reppin
California
Average apartment in houston = 1338$ a month

Times 32 units. Times 12 months equals over a half a million a year gross. Her expenses ain't even half that

Duuuurr I NeEd HeLP Half A MilLioN a YeaR Is My OnlY iNcOme durrrr
What are her expenses?

Cobalt Sire

All Star
Daps
Why don't more people lease cars or use car rental services? Because they can afford to own a car. That's eventually what the housing market needs to do. However, there is a limit of property, and

Last edited:

Professor Emeritus

Veteran
Poster of the Year
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
the ether
Not when half the building is paying the same rent from 10 years ago while Market goes up and up. I’m not against rent control and think they should just sell the building or perhaps rent control apartments should be government ran instead of having the landlord deal with them.
So they bought the building 10 years ago, at the absolute low of the housing market and economic recession, which suggests that they had plenty of money and could make boss moves even in a downturned economy? Why would they buy knowing it had rent controls if they were trying to profit off rent and knew the economy would rebound?

Much more likely, like most property owners in NYC they've either owned that shyt for decades, have made mad money on it and have it paid off, or they're speculators with lots of liquid assets available who were trying to game the market in value and make a resell profit. Buildings in NYC are mad expensive, you don't got regular working people just trying to make a living who are buying that shyt. Either way, you don't own those kind of properties in NYC without have heavy assets at your disposal.

Those owners are set. They don't do maintenance because they're cheap and are just trying to keep costs down until they resell at a profit. They could easily "afford" to do maintenance if they gave a shyt about workers.

ba'al

Vasectomy Gang
Supporter
Daps
Show me a landlord that works as hard as a barista, construction worker, waiter, etc.
Being a landlord requires more cognitive and management skills than serving fukking drinks and bringing folks their food in a restaurant guy. And the land lord i know worked in construction so he can do alot of the small property repairs himself.