• Rogue

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Psylocke

Votes: 3 1.8%
  • Gambit

Votes: 42 25.1%
  • Emma Frost

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other (Angel/Archangel, Iceman, Havok, Banshee, Dazzler, Jubilee, Bishop, etc.)

Votes: 13 7.8%

• Total voters

Neuromancer

American Daydream Machine
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
You only think that because of his portrayal in the movies and tv show. He's better in the comics, but I see why most people don't like him even then. He's kind-off generic compared to everyone else on the team. He was my favorite member as a kid because I thought his costume was cool. Plus, having heat vision you can't turn off is pretty wild for a superpower.
No. I've stated this in the comics thread in the film room Scott is the least exceptional of the original 5. He's a white boy with a daddy complex and anger issues that needs to be made to feel important despite his lack of it. He's captain America with eye beams, no heart and a need to follow orders.

Daps
Reppin
7th District
No. I've stated this in the comics thread in the film room Scott is the least exceptional of the original 5. He's a white boy with a daddy complex and anger issues that needs to be made to feel important despite his lack of it. He's captain America with eye beams and no heart.
I ain't saying he's the best, but people make him out to be worse than he is. I think he's underwhelming rather than outright bad. He's got the potential to be interesting, but most writers seem to not like and not do much with him.

mr.africa

Veteran
Daps
I checked out Enter Magneto..then discovered Fatal Attractions when Magneto ripped Wolverine and Cable apart..then read the key Claremont issues. That's how I learned about the X men. I loved Magneto whooping they ass ..only reason I read them to begin with. Then it was I, Magneto...A Fire In the Night..X Men vs Avengers stories. Wolverine talked shyt and lost...lol.
i think you were older when you got into x-men
because it is my belief that the x-men cartoonists contacted some brehs at NASA
and asked them to put in some variables into their supercomputers to answer the following questions:
'what character would appeal to all children all over the world,no matter age or race?

the scientists:
giphy.gif

and the answer was:
c8d1d779ed4dd7aaab9686fbf7082cf0.gif

children all over the world went like:
tenor.gif

Neuromancer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I ain't saying he's the best, but people make him out to be worse than he is. I think he's underwhelming rather than outright bad. He's got the potential to be interesting, but most writers seem to not like and not do much with him.
Again he is not exceptional Jean, Hank, Bobby and Warren are all more interesting.

R=G

Street Terrorist
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Westcoast
i think you were older when you got into x-men
because it is my belief that the x-men cartoonists contacted some brehs at NASA
and asked them to put in some variables into their supercomputers to answer the following questions:
'what character would appeal to all children all over the world,no matter age or race?

the scientists:
giphy.gif

and the answer was:
c8d1d779ed4dd7aaab9686fbf7082cf0.gif

children all over the world went like:
tenor.gif
I was pretty young when the cartoon came out...when Fatal Attractions went viral..the Fleet cards...AOA...I remember it was hyped as Onslaught being the Galactus of X men villains the year Tupac died.

parallax

Superstar
Daps
Again he is not exceptional Jean, Hank, Bobby and Warren are all more interesting.

I disagree. The last time Bobby was interesting was when he was conflicted over mystique. And the various times they've tried to make "jean" work over the last few years shows that people only care about the Phoenix, not jean.

Neuromancer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
I disagree. The last time Bobby was interesting was when he was conflicted over mystique. And the various times they've tried to make "jean" work over the last few years shows that people only care about the Phoenix, not jean.
X-men Red was a great run. I'll give you Bobby. But when was the last time Scott was interesting for being Scott and not Charles or Erik Jr?

parallax

Superstar
Daps
X-men Red was a great run. I'll give you Bobby. But when was the last time Scott was interesting for being Scott and not Charles or Erik Jr?

His o5 run. I loved young Scott dealing with the fukked world his current version was dealt with. The others were just general versions of who they were, while jean was going around mind raping people.

OVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
Gambit and I'm not surprised he's doing as good he is in the polls. nikka had the red eyes throwing explosive playing cards, talked in 3rd person and had the baddest woman. It's strange how Hollywood has failed him.

Surprised to see Storm get hardly any love.

Neuromancer

Supporter
Daps
Reppin
A Villa Straylight.
His o5 run. I loved young Scott dealing with the fukked world his current version was dealt with. The others were just general versions of who they were, while jean was going around mind raping people.
I guess You're right. But That's like Bizzaro Scott.

Daps
Reppin
NULL
It's looking like Wolverine, Gambit, and Magneto are the clear favorites on this board.

Guess I'll go ahead with my top 5 in no particular order:

Cyclops
Storm
Wolverine
Nightcrawler
Colossus

Shout outs to Magneto, Professor X, Kitty Pryde, Beast, and Rogue.
Jean was cool until the Dark Phoenix Saga happened. After that she should have stayed dead IMO.

The GOAT X-men era for me (comic-wise) would have to be late 70s - early 80s era with Chris Claremont, John Byrne, Dave Cockrum, Paul Smith, Romita Jr, etc.

Proteus
The Dark Phoenix Saga
Days of Future Past
The Brood Saga
God Loves Man Kills
Wolverine (Frank Miller)
The Paul Smith issues (The Morlocks, Wolverine's Wedding, From the Ashes)
Lifedeath I and II
Asgardian Wars
Mutant Massacre

EDIT: I really should have put Magik somewhere on the list. :snoop:

Last edited:

parallax

Superstar
Daps
I guess You're right. But That's like Bizzaro Scott.

Actually its the most base Scott. It's who he was before he became a hybrid Charles/Max. It's the version of Scott I used to like as a kid. A dude that wants to do the right thing and having all this responsibility thrust on him means he's gonna fukk up. Then people attached to "rightclops" and I guess writers didn't know how to walk that back without major consequences