Pretty Boy Floyd kicks in his 2 cents

Brown_Pride

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atheist for Jesus
floyd is great, probably one of the best of all time, no lie

but as a boxing fan I dont see how anybody can defend him. why are we having all these "who would beat who" probably discussions about two fighters IN THE SAME WEIGHT RANGE IN THE SAME ERA

:bruhwhat:

this is boxing breh

just fight that shyt out. i mean we can debate if Ali woulda beat Tyson. that makes sense since it was no possible way of it happening.

but both floyd and manny and the promoters robbed us of a fight for the ages.

:why:

floyd's legacy will always be tarnished because of it. truthfully, nobody deep down thinks Manny is a better fighter, but its boxing and he has a chance.

being undefeated in boxing is overrated.​

yup it'll be a smudge on floyd for life now.
It's not like we were arguing theoretical physics. THis goes down to the most basic of school yard rules.
John says he can fuk you up, you say you can fuk John up.

YOU FIGHT TO FIND OUT.

And from what I can recall Floyd is the one who didn't want to fight? Hard to talk shyt when you don't want to fight....

Tyson would have beat Ali BTW, but Ali is a better Boxer.

Roadie pipeher

From the embers
Daps
It's not like we were arguing theoretical physics. THis goes down to the most basic of school yard rules.

YOU FIGHT TO FIND OUT.

And from what I can recall Floyd is the one who didn't want to fight? Hard to talk shyt when you don't want to fight....

:what: so you just glossed over all those articles about arum standing in the way of this fight?

FaTaL

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NULL

YOU FIGHT TO FIND OUT.

tyson was mentally weak, ali would terrorize him after surviving the first 2 rounds

Brown_Pride

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atheist for Jesus
:what: so you just glossed over all those articles about arum standing in the way of this fight?

nah i just stopped giving a fuk about what these two clowns were doing. :manny:

if i'm wrong then i'm wrong. Either way it never happened and that W, if it comes, for Floyd will always come with "but..."

1. "but the fight didn't happen during their prime"
2. "but the fight happened after Manny was KTFO"

:manny:

bottom line is the fight should have happened a long time ago and it didn't.

Brown_Pride

All Star
Daps
Reppin
Atheist for Jesus
tyson was mentally weak, ali would terrorize him after surviving the first 2 rounds
you say that bolded like it's a given. Honestly if Ali could make it out the first 4 he'd have a 80% chance IMHO of winning. Only i'm putting 70% chance on him NOT making it out the first 4.

Tyson during his prime was a got damn beast. I don't even like the dude, but right dab smack in the middle of his prime Tyson was a monster.

iceberg_is_on_fire

Honolulu Blue Ski Mask Way
Daps
Reppin
Lombardi Trophies in Allen Park

YOU FIGHT TO FIND OUT.

bob_builder.jpg

We still waiting on that stadium breh :beli:

tnprince1005

Rookie
Daps
And for the record, Manny's camp claimed fight couldn't be done at the last minute because of Floyd's jail sentence, then the sentence got pushed back, and then they backed out again. F*ck outta here with this spin story.

Floyd Mayweather: "My health is more important" :comeon:

Translation: I dont wanna fight Manny. I'm scared he's gonna hurt me really really bad. I need to take a break for a few months. I'll come out of hiding when he finally loses.

Daps
Reppin
Paterson Born, Orlando Bred
I never saw how any reasonable boxing fan thought PAC had anything more than a punchers chance . Floyd is bigger stronger and faster better defensively and better counterpuncher than jmm yet they expect manny to for some reason be able to beat him???? Makes no sense he barely was able to beat clottey, if he threw punches he would of beat him

It STILL to this day baffles me how anybody who has half a brain would think floyd would take that L ! I legit get heated with some of the shyt people say......it's sad

Majestic Pape

The-Coli = W SOHH = L
Daps
It STILL to this day baffles me how anybody who has half a brain would think floyd would take that L ! I legit get heated with some of the shyt people say......it's sad

Let's keep it real here...

If Floyd lost his next fight, where would it rank amongst the "surprises" or "upsets" of boxing? Somewhere near the bottom, that's where. We've DEFINITELY see "stranger" things happen..

Gravity

Banned
Daps
I can tell some of yall in here dont really KNOW boxing.

First of all, the logic that "Floyd dominated JMM, so imagine what he would do to Manny" is stupid. Flat out. If that's the case, and that train of thought ever held true, what happened in the Ali vs Foreman vs Frazier triangle? Frazier was giving it to Ali, got MURDERED by Foreman, and with the stupid logic some if you are using, that would've meant that Foreman didnt need to fight Ali then right, because he made "easy work" of a guy that Ali had trouble with? What happened though when Foreman took the fight with Ali?:mindblown:

There are countless examples of this, so where is this whole "Floyd beat up JMM easily, imagine what he would do to Manny" rhetoric coming from.
Haters need to stop arguing against this strawman arguement then acting like they've done something. Obviously saying that Marquez supports the notion that Pacquiao would lose to Mayweather is about more than a triangle theory. What Marquez has proven is that Pacquiao has big time problems with a fighter who is a skilled counter puncher. For years boxing fans with common sense have said that Mayweather beats Pacquiao because Pacquiao makes too many mistakes as is too reckless in the ring. Mayweather would take advantage of those mistakes and basically give Paq a boxing lesson. The reason that Mayweather fans are so giddy is because Marquez has basically solidified that argument and you're lying to yourself if you deny that. Sure anything is possible ad nobody knows for sure what will happen if Paq and May ever got in the ring, but that goes without saying. We're talking about what's likely to happen based on knowledge of the fighters and the sport. Mayweather is better than Marquez at all the skills that gave him success against Pacquiao, plus he's naturally bigger and faster with a better defense. Stop arguing against the triangle theory argument when you know it's a lot more complicated than that.

Daps
Reppin
Paterson Born, Orlando Bred
:pacspit:
Floyd HAS been down before. Judah hit him with a right hook and Floyd went back falling and used his glove to not hit the ground.

Floyd Maywether knocked down - YouTube

The ref claimed it was a slip, therefore leaving it as "unofficial", even though we see his white glove on the canvas. Floyd has also taken an 8 count and went down in a fight as well, even though, it was due to breaking his hand, so even though it wasnt due to a punch....he was down "officially" then.

Anyways, what does it mean though breh at the end of the day? :heh:

The ONLY fighter to have never been knocked down or out OR taken a knee in a fight for any reason is Vitali Klitschko anyways. Is he the GOAT?:troll:

If the nikka has people debating on THAT being a "knockdown",then clearly he is the greatest lol wtf...if you consider that being down then your p*ssy and never been in a fight ever in your life

Newzz

"The Truth" always prevails
Supporter
Daps
:pacspit:

If the nikka has people debating on THAT being a "knockdown",then clearly he is the greatest lol wtf...if you consider that being down then your p*ssy and never been in a fight ever in your life

I hate arguing with people who do not KNOW the sweet science:snoop:

This is BOXING not a street fight. In the SPORT OF BOXING, if you are hit and because of the hit your glove touches the canvas.....its a knockdown.

Learn the rules of the sport before poppin fly scrap.