Pretty Boy Floyd kicks in his 2 cents

Jesus Is Lord

Give Thanks, Repent, and Forgive
Daps
Reppin
Christ
that's not hate...its true..no one here doubt's floyd's skills as they are GOAT level but his legacy is on the line and the time on his physical prime is running out

How is his legacy on the line? Who else does he HAVE to fight? He fought top notch fighters his WHOLE career. Check his record, he fought champions at every weight and defeated them. Is it because he didn't fight Manny when EVERYONE WANTED HIM TO? He can't fight but one fighter at a time. He needed to fight Pac in order to solidify his "legacy":heh: Nah, we all know that neither Mayweather nor Manny was a fault for that fight NOT happening. So who else? He even moved up to 154 to beat DLH, and Cotto, he fought Zab, Baldomir (whom people said Floyd was scared of:heh:), fought an undefeated Hatton (who people said would KO Floyd), he fought and defeated Shane (who is on video dodging Floyd over a toothach:heh:), he DOMINATED JMM who has been jerked TWICE and KO'd Pac, and let's not talk about 135lbs. So what is this legacy thing you speak of? The only thing I have against Mayweather is him being idle, other than that......

He is the only fighter that I know of that can't satisfy anyone no matter WHO he fights. It's always some bullshyt chatter about who he "should've" fought.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
you act like pacquiao is the first great fighter to have been knocked cold...other greats have been knocked senseless like thomas hearns or roberto duran and they still went to be even greater...the casual boxing fan likes floyd because of that bullshyt money persona and because he has a zero on his record but they can barely name 5 fav fights of his that they like...being the best fighter in his generation is nothing to me if you've barely fought the best in your generation nevermind fighting at all..that's been my only problem with floyd ever since he left the lightweights
You might want to change that tone. I'm not one of those kind of fans, I know exactly who Mayweather and Pacquiao are. Pacquiao isn't Duran or Hagler. No disrespect to Pacquiao but he has been overrated ever since his DLH fight. I've never bought all the way into his hype. I asked you about Mayweaher though. Again, how is his legacy on the line? Name the "best" fighters of his generation that he hasn't fought. Haters want to act like Mayweather needs to beat Pacquiao in order to prove something when it's always been the other way around. Mayweather's legacy isn't on the line, he's currently recognized as probably the best fighter of his generation. That's going to be his legacy. Haters gon hate, but it is what it is. Pacquiao on the other hand, his legacy is definitely on the line. Let him lose to Marquez again, even fanboys like you won't be able to perpetuate that ATG stuff.

So-Chi

Colfax to the burbs'
Daps
Reppin
goons in the cut tryna talk you out yo necklace
you act like pacquiao is the first great fighter to have been knocked cold...other greats have been knocked senseless like thomas hearns or roberto duran and they still went to be even greater...the casual boxing fan likes floyd because of that bullshyt money persona and because he has a zero on his record but they can barely name 5 fav fights of his that they like...being the best fighter in his generation is nothing to me if you've barely fought the best in your generation nevermind fighting at all..that's been my only problem with floyd ever since he left the lightweights

:leon: De La hoya, Castillo (twice), Zab when it mattered, Ricky Hatton undefeated, Sugar Shane? These weren't great fights? AND they weren't weight drained? I found these impressive:wtf:

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
How is his legacy on the line? Who else does he HAVE to fight? He fought top notch fighters his WHOLE career. Check his record, he fought champions at every weight and defeated them. Is it because he didn't fight Manny when EVERYONE WANTED HIM TO? He can't fight but one fighter at a time. He needed to fight Pac in order to solidify his "legacy":heh: Nah, we all know that neither Mayweather nor Manny was a fault for that fight NOT happening. So who else? He even moved up to 154 to beat DLH, and Cotto, he fought Zab, Baldomir (whom people said Floyd was scared of:heh:), fought an undefeated Hatton (who people said would KO Floyd), he fought and defeated Shane (who is on video dodging Floyd over a toothach:heh:), he DOMINATED JMM who has been jerked TWICE and KO'd Pac, and let's not talk about 135lbs. So what is this legacy thing you speak of? The only thing I have against Mayweather is him being idle, other than that......

He is the only fighter that I know of that can't satisfy anyone no matter WHO he fights. It's always some bullshyt chatter about who he "should've" fought.

that's not true ppl complained about joe calzaghe too...except calzaghe pretty much admitted he didn't want grueling fights..and look at him..you think ppl remember how skillful he was in the ring when or how he too face other champs/contenders in his career or that he was undefeated? no they go on record for the fights he shouldve taken...and thats going to happen to floyd when's he done

Jesus Is Lord

Daps
Reppin
Christ
that's not true ppl complained about joe calzaghe too...except calzaghe pretty much admitted he didn't want grueling fights..and look at him..you think ppl remember how skillful he was in the ring when or how he too face other champs/contenders in his career or that he was undefeated? no they go on record for the fights he shouldve taken...and thats going to happen to floyd when's he done

Pat I hear you fam, but answer my questions, you didn't respond to them. Also, Joe's list of opponents doesn't even sniff the caliber of opponents that Mayweather has fought and defeated. You're really gonna compare those 2, really?:heh:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps
that's not hate...its true..no one here doubt's floyd's skills as they are GOAT level but his legacy is on the line and the time on his physical prime is running out
No, it's hate.

Especially since it applies even more to Manny. He didn't apply to manny tho, only Floyd.

Mook

We should all strive to be like Mr. Rogers.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Raleigh
everyone manny fought was dlh leftovers.

dlh, hatton, shane mosley.

or washed up

cotto, margarito.

josh clottey hasnt been seen in 4 years. :laff:

mastermind

Rest In Power Kobe
Daps

And what's funny about all of this is how people forget the sentiment at the time of the fight. Once Floyd hands out :thatwork: they start to disrespect who Floyd went against.

Gravity

Banned
Daps
So how many years was Calzaghe ranked the #1 p4p fighter in the world? How many respected people in boxing considered him an ATG 1 of the best fighters of his generation? I thought that you knew your stuff? I could break down their resumes to illustrate the clear difference, but what's the point? There's no comparing Mayweather with Calzaghe or the respect that they garner respectively. If you think that Mayweater will be remembered alon the lines of a Calzaghe then you're dreaming.

Loose

Retired Legend
Daps
everyone manny fought was dlh leftovers.

dlh, hatton, shane mosley.

or washed up

cotto, margarito.

josh clottey hasnt been seen in 4 years. :laff:

you do realize Floyd fought the same leftovers:heh:, and cotto was far from washed up same with cheating ass marg

Jesus Is Lord

Daps
Reppin
Christ
you do realize Floyd fought the same leftovers:heh:, and cotto was far from washed up same with cheating ass marg

Do you realize Manny fought them AFTER Floyd beat them? Sans Cotto, a weight drained Cotto at 147:shaq2:. Floyd had the balls to fight DLH and Cotto at THEIR weights where they performed the bst and were most comfortable. Manny made them come down and drain to 147. Loose leave this for the big boys, your trolling has no wins here.

patscorpio

It's a movement
Staff member
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
MA/CT/Nigeria #byrdgang #RingGangRadio
Pat I hear you fam, but answer my questions, you didn't respond to them. Also, Joe's list of opponents doesn't even sniff the caliber of opponents that Mayweather has fought and defeated. You're really gonna compare those 2, really?:heh:

who can he fight ski? most of the top welters in his time he didn't face (margarito, clottey, williams, etc etc) are done..and the one fighter from his time he did fight, cotto, he faced a faded version..and the only fight being discussed as a future opponent robert guerrero..why because he beat berto?:huhldup:

Daps
Reppin
NULL
This lost doesn't affect the mayweather fight. Pac man already lost and been KO'd before, so thats nothing new. The fight is more likely to happen now that he's already been defeated in this manner because now Arum might not have a choice especially if Marquez retires. Also he might not want to risk Pac getting KO'd again, which would completely ruin a mayweather match.

It's about Mayweather he's the king of the sport been undefeated, he's the only real boxing star, people wanna see him lose no matter who he is fighting so it doesn't matter who he's facing he can make the same money regardless because its all about him.

People talk about legacy, where was pac at when Floyd was fighting at the lower weights in his 20's. People forget Mayweather damn near 40 years old now, he been solidified himself and shut up all the naysayers.
Kids of went to high school graduated went to college got a degree started careers all under Floyd's reign as champ, if you can't acknowledge this shyt you just blinded.

Jesus Is Lord

Daps
Reppin
Christ
who can he fight ski? most of the top welters in his time he didn't face (margarito, clottey, williams, etc etc) are done..and the one fighter from his time he did fight, cotto, he faced a faded version..and the only fight being discussed as a future opponent robert guerrero..why because he beat berto?:huhldup:

Pat, is it his fault that he didn't fight Margs? He was going through a break up with Arum at the time. Also who did Margs or Williams defeat? Floyd was going after big dogs like DLH to blow his name up. Clotted? Really:bryan:. Also who is etc, etc, etc? He faced a faded version of Cotto, the same Cotto who May wanted to fight and Cotto pops and Arum said wasn't ready for Floyd, or the same faded version tha fought Manny at 147?

Gravity

Banned
Daps

Mrgarito= a cheater who you should be ashamed to mention

Clottey= underachiever who always underachieved the most in his biggest fights

Paul Williams= I won't criticize the dead, but he wasn't great.

Mayweather beating any of those guys wouldn't make his legacy any greater than it already is now because he wouldve been a heavy favorite against all of them.