My dad -100
tumblr_m5vs92Edhf1qiuuwuo1_500.gif
abusive muthafukka:pacspit:

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
Collectively?
If so 6.5.
Had my Pops continued to work a steady job and not rely on his wife to pay the lion's share of the bills, I'd prolly be a bit farther on with my secondary education, but he got real comfortable in being supported, which in turn turned off whatever drive a man is supposed to have to keep his family safe and provided for. Pushing to the side all the emotional shyt I had with him growing up as an ineffective disciplinarian who sought outrageous knee jerk punishments over ones that would have me atleast learn from whatever he felt I needed to be punished for, he wasn't that good a father and at times a person either.

The only pros I can say about the nikka is that he ain't get a chance to abuse us short of a few outrageous beatings and he was never immoral towards my sister, but that's shyt you ain't supposed to get points for, that's shyt you as a decent human being and father shouldn't even have on your record. I grew up alright off the strength of my Mom and her side of the family and interacting with my Aunts/Uncles on his side, pound for pound, my Dad's the weakest sibling since they ALL provided with their spouses to not only provide, but nurture whatever interests their kids had while putting things in place for them to succeed or at the very least, be taken care of via businesses/trades. Eh.:yeshrug:

Palm Tree's & Blunts

Big timah timah
Daps
Collectively?
If so 6.5.
Had my Pops continued to work a steady job and not rely on his wife to pay the lion's share of the bills, I'd prolly be a bit farther on with my secondary education, but he got real comfortable in being supported, which in turn turned off whatever drive a man is supposed to have to keep his family safe and provided for. Pushing to the side all the emotional shyt I had with him growing up as an ineffective disciplinarian who sought outrageous knee jerk punishments over ones that would have me atleast learn from whatever he felt I needed to be punished for, he wasn't that good a father and at times a person either.

The only pros I can say about the nikka is that he ain't get a chance to abuse us short of a few outrageous beatings and he was never immoral towards my sister, but that's shyt you ain't supposed to get points for, that's shyt you as a decent human being and father shouldn't even have on your record. I grew up alright off the strength of my Mom and her side of the family and interacting with my Aunts/Uncles on his side, pound for pound, my Dad's the weakest sibling since they ALL provided with their spouses to not only provide, but nurture whatever interests their kids had while putting things in place for them to succeed or at the very least, be taken care of via businesses/trades. Eh.:yeshrug:

sorry to hear that breh. Can only learn from the mistakes and do better.

Address_Unknown

Jesus Loves you...Your Cat doesn't. {#Dogset}
Daps
sorry to hear that breh. Can only learn from the mistakes and do better.
As anyone should in a situation like that, breh. My future seeds gonna prolly get sick of me hugging/kissing/playing with 'em all the damn time but I know for sure, on them College Graduation podiums, they gonna add 10+ to my fukkin' rep off the strength of my unwavering support for 'em.:ufdup:

Malik1time

What you looking at?
Daps
Reppin
Queens
It's not healthy to harbor resentment to your parents. The past is the past they did what they could. Obviously you wish they did more, but as men it's silly to blame them for your failures when you're now in control. Let it go brehs
Can't for give my father he beat my mother for years and I couldn't do a damn thing about it:stopitslime:..fukk that muthafukka:pacspit: :pacspit: I told him to try that shyt again:pacspit: I'll be waiting:ufdup:

LezJepzin

We Wavy
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
50East/Sacramento, CA
Pops 7.5/10
Moms 8/10

Dad passed in '98 when I was 17 . He was definitely there for the family financially but there were plenty of flaws. My father's dad wasn't in his life much (Grandfather married three times) so I think that played a factor how he was with me and my sister. Didn't show much compassion to us. Nothing personal, it was just hard for him to show us feelings. However he did expressed those feelings for us to his friends. It's flattering and :francis: when all of them would rave to me and my sister how much he talked about us to them at his funeral . Also despite him having a lot of friends, he didn't like any of us having ours over, including my mom's friends. I love him and he loved seeing me do my thing in sports but I wish he could've opened up more to us while he was alive.

Mom's was the one who called the shots in the family while Dad was the breadwinner, which worked well. Though my mom can be too overbearing to the point it can hold you back if you let it. That and I hate her gossiping , being very critical at things Im doing . She's more there emotionally than my dad, but I'm realizing that there was a lot I can talk to my dad about that I can't discuss to my mom. Unless it's drama, her attention span to listen is rather short :wtb: