Saluting the Black soldiers of WWI

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Pierre wanted them to go home and be good Blacks and ignore they treated Blacks like the Nazis treated them. They couldn't admit Blacks helped pull their ass out the fire. That's why Africans had to fight for their rights, "sacrifice" earns you nothing in many people's eyes.
The link in OP says that the commander of the Allies made the call to remove African soldiers from the troops that liberated Paris. French commander agreed as part of a compromise to allow French soldiers to lead the charge.

I get your overall point, thought.

Article mentions how the US military was segregated until the end when things became critical. Funny how the fear of losing forces people to become practical.

OVER

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
GA
The Harlem Hellfighters picture in color is incredible. I swear I've known people who could be dead ringers for a few of the guys in the pic.

uploads%2F2017%2F10%2F13%2FHarlem.jpg

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
While we're at it....I think Adam Clayton Powell is one of the most important and least talked about figures in American history.
VERY complicated man, so if you're not gonna invest the time to read about his life..don't think a video or documentary can tell you the full picture.

It was pressure from him that lead to the desegration of the U.S. military.

ReturnOfJudah

Veteran
Daps
1-format43.jpg

Why should they ask me to put on a uniform and go ten thousand miles from home and drop bombs and bullets on brown people in Vietnam while so-called Negro people in Louisville are treated like dogs and denied simple human rights?

No, I am not going ten thousand miles from home to help murder and burn another poor nation simply to continue the domination of white slave masters of the darker people the world over. This is the day when such evils must come to an end. I have been warned that to take such a stand would put my prestige in jeopardy and could cause me to lose millions of dollars which should accrue to me as the champion.

But I have said it once and I will say it again. The real enemy of my people is right here. I will not disgrace my religion, my people or myself by becoming a tool to enslave those who are fighting for their own justice, freedom and equality…

If I thought the war was going to bring freedom and equality to 22 million of my people they wouldn’t have to draft me, I’d join tomorrow. But I either have to obey the laws of the land or the laws of Allah. I have nothing to lose by standing up for my beliefs. So I’ll go to jail. We’ve been in jail for four hundred years.”

Cadillac

Veteran
Daps
Pierre wanted them to go home and be good Blacks and ignore they treated Blacks like the Nazis treated them. They couldn't admit Blacks helped pull their ass out the fire. That's why Africans had to fight for their rights, "sacrifice" earns you nothing in many people's eyes.
Just a another case of blacks putting in the work and helping cacs. And cacs treating blacks like shyt