Saluting the Black soldiers of WWI

str8cashhomie87

All Star
Daps
Breh the history that isn't told would blow nikkaz minds.

During one of the world wars there was Russian women that took refuge in Africa and married plus integrated with locals . They even learned the language.
Breh what are some good resources to learn about Black people/nations involved in WWI & WWII

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
Breh what are some good resources to learn about Black people/nations involved in WWI & WWII
I started learning a lot of this from my grandfathers generation.. then I found some content online including youtube, I don't know if there are dedicated books on the subject but the information should definitely be compiled. A lot of our history has traditionally been oral which is a problem. Without those O.G.'s interviews on camera, the information would be lost. There was war in Europe and on the continent simultaneously as well during the world wars. Safe to say any European colony in Africa at the time would have had some involvement if not in Europe fighting secondary proxy wars on the continent.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
I started learning a lot of this from my grandfathers generation.. then I found some content online including youtube, I don't know if there are dedicated books on the subject but the information should definitely be compiled. A lot of our history has traditionally been oral which is a problem. Without those O.G.'s interviews on camera, the information would be lost. There was war in Europe and on the continent simultaneously as well during the world wars. Safe to say any European colony in Africa at the time would have had some involvement if not in Europe fighting secondary proxy wars on the continent.

Though I haven't read it there is a book called the Great War in Africa which covers the fighting in Africa. A lot was in East Africa b/c Germany held Tanzania but also Cameroon was German and Namibia though the latter was invaded by SA and basically annexed until 1992.

Phitz

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
I have an ex who's grandfather died in WWII, they were 'recruited' by the British to fight.
It's messed up how all these colonies were forced to fight/die for something they had nothing to do with.

Daps
Salute black men who joined a fight for a country that was instituting a system of racial subjugation on their people back home? :francis:

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
Salute black men who joined a fight for a country that was instituting a system of racial subjugation on their people back home? :francis:
The desegregation of the miltary occured before the desegregation of the country and the rest of it's institution. The Black vets are the ones who really began the fight for full rights and protections.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin

They went out to prove all the bullshyt said about us being weak and cowardly was false and they did. They knew it wouldn't change most Whites minds, but history would salute their struggle and their descendants would use their strength to fight the real battles. That's why we salute them. You're right though, that war was bullshyt and not for us one iota.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Also remember that these brehs were around 20 years old and born in the 1890s. All their grandparents were slaves and their parents were likely born into slavery. They came out of all that to do what they did.

JLova

Veteran
Daps
:lawd: Faught for a country that treated them like shyt. How many of these neckbeards would do the same?

Also
giphy.gif
to the all-black Canadian battalion that was stationed out there as well.