Saluting the Black soldiers of WWI

SPACE IS FAKE

Say No To NASA!
Daps
a lot of untold black history buried in the past. its time we bring these stories to life.

Nigerians made up more than half of the total force of 90,000 West African soldiers deployed to south east Asia after 1943, as part of the British army’s 81st and 82nd (West Africa) Divisions.

love hearing the OGs speak. very talented storytellers

TEH

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
While we're at it....I think Adam Clayton Powell is one of the most important and least talked about figures in American history.
VERY complicated man, so if you're not gonna invest the time to read about his life..don't think a video or documentary can tell you the full picture.

It was pressure from him that lead to the desegration of the U.S. military.
He influenced all those civil rights leaders and celebrities in his day

Critically underrated

Biscayne

Ocean air
Daps
Reppin
Cruisin’
After the war the british didn't even transport most of their troops back to the different colonies they just dumped them in Kenya so brehs who would have been from Nigeria and other british African colonies ended up staying and marrying locally.
That's insane. No effort..

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
a lot of untold black history buried in the past. its time we bring these stories to life.

love hearing the OGs speak. very talented storytellers
Yeah their story telling is compelling. Their story about meeting African American troops during the war was great too. Said it was brotherly love and comradery

Captain Crunch

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
NY
Breh the history that isn't told would blow nikkaz minds.

During one of the world wars there was Russian women that took refuge in Africa and married plus integrated with locals . They even learned the language.

Link?

Amestafuu (Emeritus)

Veteran
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
Toronto
The Civil Rights Movement in the United States began really when the Blacks troops got back from WWI.

and hold up

hold up.............THIS MFer didn't want Senegalese soldiers marching in a parade celebrating the liberation of France..?

The%2Bweeping%2BFrenchman%252C%2B1940.jpg

I saw this picture in an encyclopedia when I was 8. Frenchman crying in the streets as the Nazis took over Paris. You're telling me that Pierre was trying to block African soldiers from marching in victory parade? Sacre Bleu!!
That shyt was a gift in discuise because of how most African soldiers were treated including not getting paid they went home and said fukk living u see these Cacs. Most ended up part of the freedom struggles.