Saluting the Black soldiers of WWI

blaccbeard

Superstar
Daps
I remember when Battlefield 1 was about to come out and the trailers dropped and all those legions of angry racist gamer cacs went off cause their was a black soldier character in the game. These cacs really think they are the only ones who fought and died in these world wars.

Big D Bangston

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Bama born and bred
I remember when Battlefield 1 was about to come out and the trailers dropped and all those legions of angry racist gamer cacs went off cause their was a black soldier character in the game. These cacs really think they are the only ones who fought and died in these world wars.

:pachaha::pachaha::pachaha:Its that time again

Battlefield V's War Stories explore lesser-known vignettes from World War II, for the better

...Then the tone changes again, as Tirailleur is about the North African forces who fought for colonizing power France. This is Battlefield ’s Omaha Beach, even if it’s not Omaha Beach. It’s Operation Dragoon, an aquatic invasion of southern France that took place in August of 1944 and which featured contributions by French Army B, mostly made up of North African soldiers.

Battlefield VBattlefield V - War Stories"> Battlefield V
Operation Dragoon receives less attention than Operation Overlord though, and the contributions of the French Army B even less attention. There’s no Saving Private Ryan adaptation here.

Battlefield V takes on this oft-ignored story, much as Battlefield 1 focused on the Harlem Hellfighters in World War I. The result is probably the most emotionally laden of the three campaigns we played, at least at the outset. We see the French soldiers sneering at their North African counterparts, stealing their weapons and equipment, and using them primarily as labor. Again, it’s a very different side of World War II than we’re accustomed to seeing depicted.

That’s what interests me about the whole endeavor. I’ll admit, I’m a sucker for a good Omaha Beach landing, and I wrote as much in my Call of Duty: WWII review last year. I didn’t think it was a fantastic campaign, nor very memorable, but as someone who’s played video games for decades now it’s incredible to see those events depicted with modern technology versus my memories of Medal of Honor: Allied Assault or whatever.

Battlefield VBattlefield V - War Stories">

Red Shield

Global Domination
Daps
Reppin
.0001%
Breh the history that isn't told would blow nikkaz minds.

During one of the world wars there was Russian women that took refuge in Africa and married plus integrated with locals . They even learned the language.

Any more info on this :patrice:

Roland Coltrane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
AA GANG

I love this movie :wow:

Spike made it in response to a war film Clint Eastwood made with no Black soldiers in it to show that we fought too and when everybody said Blacks weren't shyt we were some of the fiercest soldiers :jawalrus:

Swahili P'Bitek

Absorbingpovertywithoutlimitations
Daps
Reppin
Mtaani
I watched a documentary titled apocalypse Verdun in which a French general was quoted saying,"The negro race has lived in conditions of continuous warfare, thus making him suitable for the cause." In reference to Senegalese soldiers, who went out of their way to prove their bravery in WW1.

The experiences of Africans in these wars were not in vain however, as they helped our forefathers gain knowledge required to agitate for their independence and also helped create a sense of Africanness/Nationalism in them.

DrBanneker

Space is the Place
Daps
Reppin
Figthing borg at Wolf 359
he experiences of Africans in these wars were not in vain however, as they helped our forefathers gain knowledge required to agitate for their independence and also helped create a sense of Africanness/Nationalism in them.

This. It also vanquished the invincibility myth of White people many had after the invasions and colonialism. I remember one person in an article talking about how African vets returning from WWI telling everyone the White man's wars were even more brutal and savage than their own---they are no superior people and are not invulnerable.