Saw Hidden Colors 1 & 2 and have some MAJOR beefs with some of the concepts. WATCH THE MOVIE FIRST!

↓R↑LYB

I trained Sheng Long and Shonuff
Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Yo. Straight up.

fukk you.

I literally told you what my griveances were and you still sitting here acting like I said NOTHING.

I pointed out SEVERAL FACTUALLY WRONG INSTANCES ON EVERY SINGLE PAGE OF THIS THREAD.

:umad:

Great, you pointed out Tariq was wrong. Now it'd be nice if you followed that up with what you reccomend people read or watch to get factual information?

I'll wait breh :lupe:

Miss me with this dismissive bullshyt.

Hidden Colors had flaws.

BUT NO...you can't bring this up because instead of making something good, great,. You'd rather settle for less.

It's easy to dismiss someone with nothing valid to really say though :ld:

Again, criticize the film until you're blue in the face. That shyt ain't gonna keep me up at night. All I'm saying is if you really interested in progress, join a black organization in YOUR community, and start fixing the problems there. Continue to criticize the film and fight the e-fight of faith, but if you claim to care so much about the community, then have your actions back up your rhetoric :yeshrug:

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
Unfortunately Both of their books are out print. But all of the info that they have published are in well respected scientific journals all over the world. Sorry I couldn't I help you on that front.

I'm assuming Rick Kittles is the name of the dude. What's Keita's first name? There's a singer from Mali with the same name, but I'm assuming that's not him.

Also can you reccomend other authors or drop link to Kittle's and Keita's works? I checked Amazon for some shyt, but it's pretty scarce :patrice:

EDIT: Rick Kittles is one of the dudes from africanancestry.com :ohhh:

I've been thinking about doing this for a while, might as well do the swab.....no homo :whoa:

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
I'm assuming Rick Kittles is the name of the dude. What's Keita's first name? There's a singer from Mali with the same name, but I'm assuming that's not him.

Also can you reccomend other authors or drop link to Kittle's and Keita's works? I checked Amazon for some shyt, but it's pretty scarce :patrice:

Shomarka Keita is his name. And some other authors I have read and researched are Christopher Ehret, Charles Loring Brace, Scali-Forza, Frank M Snowden, John Baines, and John G Jackson

http://wysinger.homestead.com/keita.html

http://ihg.uic.edu/publications.aspx

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
:umad:

Great, you pointed out Tariq was wrong. Now it'd be nice if you followed that up with what you reccomend people read or watch to get factual information?

I'll wait breh :lupe:

It's easy to dismiss someone with nothing valid to really say though :ld:

Again, criticize the film until you're blue in the face. That shyt ain't gonna keep me up at night. All I'm saying is if you really interested in progress, join a black organization in YOUR community, and start fixing the problems there. Continue to criticize the film and fight the e-fight of faith, but if you claim to care so much about the community, then have your actions back up your rhetoric :yeshrug:

You dismissive fukk nikkas are THE worst.

You can't even improve yourselves but wanna attack the person pointing out flaws in the programming.

Even if I don't send one email (more than you've done, and you damn sure don't know about my community involvement) I've done more than you have in even addressing where this film could be better.

I really don't even know why you're challenging me.

Are you saying this film is perfect? Thats the only thing you could argue here.

Otherwise, go commit that in a corner somewhere.

Food Mane

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
NULL
Advanced degrees Napoleon? You are entitled to your opinion. Doesn't make your opinion fact nor does it make their opinion fact or false. If you have valid proof to dismerit what you are saying, feel free to do so.

:krs: now there is a perfectly cromulent word you don't see every day.

↓R↑LYB

Daps
Reppin
Pawgistan
You dismissive fukk nikkas are THE worst.

You can't even improve yourselves but wanna attack the person pointing out flaws in the programming.

Even if I don't send one email (more than you've done, and you damn sure don't know about my community involvement) I've done more than you have in even addressing where this film could be better.

I really don't even know why you're challenging me.

Are you saying this film is perfect? Thats the only thing you could argue here.

Otherwise, go commit that in a corner somewhere.

No I'm not saying the film is perfect, there's part of the documentaries I disagree with. Like I keep saying, please point nikkas to an article, book, blog, documentary, ANYTHING where they can read factual information.

I dismiss nikkas worth dismissing. Based on how you're acting, I feel confident in assuming you're just all talk :heh:

But like I said earlier, please prove me wrong. If you can show me what organization you're a member of, and the good they're doing in your community, I'll even donate to them right now.

J-Nice

A genius is the one most like himself
Supporter
Daps
ainchent_and_modern_britons.png

AP%20in%20Early%20Asia%20Book.jpg
410000452349b.jpg

DaChampIsHere

Survive the drought
Daps
Reppin
Great Pyramids of Giza
I've heard plenty of dudes on here say shyt like that. I'm like dog, do you realize where the fukk you're posting? 90% of the cats on here are mentally unstable 7 figure, under 20, pawg slaying super pimps.

If you really want to make progress and do some good, join a black organization in your community and get to work. Don't be an armchair activist, that's worst than e-thugging.
Oh look, the whole "If you don't believe in this film 100% in ride pimp Tariq's nuts as if nothing's wrong with this film then you don't do anything for your community" defense. You all are worse than your typical hoodrat female. No points, ignorant, and only emotionally driven retorts to back you up. :laff:

Don't wanna see any of you nikkas in a Tyler Perry thread tryna go in on a black man's fiction movie when you're to scared to look up the info from an actual documentary.. :ufdup: :laff:

I'm not sure, but most of the information that was given in both films have mainly been from the works of John henrik Clarke, Ivan Van Sertima, J.A Rogers, and Cheikh Anta Diop. If you read books from these well trained and educated researchers, then you can easily find the sources that you're looking for. Many of which come from other dedicated authors, researchers, and scientist. But the research shouldn't stop at these men. After all there is a new generation of black geneticist and historians doing great work in the field such as Kittles and Keita to name a few. Hope that helped.
Ivan Sertima has been largely discredited because while a lot of his stuff feels good emotionally, it has no scientific proof to back up his claims.

J.A. Rogers is legit, but many of his ideas are social and rooted in white ideology of the time period he spoke of, but didn't fully understand (ie. Him calling Beethoven mixed. :aicmon: His ancestors were from the Iberian, yes. But that doesn't mean he's "black", and if so, a lot of Italians, Portuguese, and Spanish, are "black" simply because they were considered darker/"negroidal" by northern Europeans who were more so used to pale, blonde haired, blue eyed people, not olive skinned people with darker hair).

I will give you Clarke and Diop, but I don't think their "inclusions" to the film's text are substantiating the outrageous claims through out.

------
All in all, I think what you all are missing is that, no one's saying that the film is 100% correct, just that it exaggerates in places it doesn't need too. If black people have the rich history we claim, it's okay for us to point out a few fallacies without getting our panties in a bunch. Y'all are acting like the earth is gonna shatter and the black community will fail if Mansa Musa and Moctezuma aren't the same person or if Black Irish doesn't really mean African Irish people. :laff: It's like you all have pride in such feeble things.

The whole "If you don't like it, go make your own" rhetoric is played and only mirrors that white idea of "If you don't like racism, go back to Africa" as if wanting to be right is so wrong/offensive. It's really just a cop out to never have anyone say anything for complacency with substandard shyt that makes insecure people feel better. :yeshrug:

The Honorable Minister Tariq Nasheed Ph. D had NO CONTROL over who appeared in HIS documentary or how their statements were PORTRAYED. These were broadcasts directly from the MOTHER WHEEL. No one, even the Honorable Minister with his MELANIN levels at 100, could STOP them. Bill Murray was BLACK. KNOWLEDGE is power.
I'm fukking :dead:

MostReal

Bandage Hand Steph
Daps
about 25-30% of the information was bullshyt.

So? after looking up the info yourself you will find this out. Does this excuse the black history we are taught in school? I don't see anyone criticizing this Euro incorrect history that is blasted from the roof tops to our brains.

Overall the point of the films were to get blacks who would never hear about the 75% of the correct info in the films to learn that & it did that. It also made me get a hunger to learn more that was Hidden.

They are great films & I'd recommend them to anyone who's black

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
Oh look, the whole "If you don't believe in this film 100% in ride pimp Tariq's nuts as if nothing's wrong with this film then you don't do anything for your community" defense. You all are worse than your typical hoodrat female. No points, ignorant, and only emotionally driven retorts to back you up. :laff:

Don't wanna see any of you nikkas in a Tyler Perry thread tryna go in on a black man's fiction movie when you're to scared to look up the info from an actual documentary.. :ufdup: :laff:

Ivan Sertima has been largely discredited because while a lot of his stuff feels good emotionally, it has no scientific proof to back up his claims.

J.A. Rogers is legit, but many of his ideas are social and rooted in white ideology of the time period he spoke of, but didn't fully understand (ie. Him calling Beethoven mixed. :aicmon: His ancestors were from the Iberian, yes. But that doesn't mean he's "black", and if so, a lot of Italians, Portuguese, and Spanish, are "black" simply because they were considered darker/"negroidal" by northern Europeans who were more so used to pale, blonde haired, blue eyed people, not olive skinned people with darker hair).

I will give you Clarke and Diop, but I don't think their "inclusions" to the film's text are substantiating the outrageous claims through out.

------
All in all, I think what you all are missing is that, no one's saying that the film is 100% correct, just that it exaggerates in places it doesn't need too. If black people have the rich history we claim, it's okay for us to point out a few fallacies without getting our panties in a bunch. Y'all are acting like the earth is gonna shatter and the black community will fail if Mansa Musa and Moctezuma aren't the same person or if Black Irish doesn't really mean African Irish people. :laff: It's like you all have pride in such feeble things.

The whole "If you don't like it, go make your own" rhetoric is played and only mirrors that white idea of "If you don't like racism, go back to Africa" as if wanting to be right is so wrong/offensive. It's really just a cop out to never have anyone say anything for complacency with substandard shyt that makes insecure people feel better. :yeshrug:

I'm fukking :dead:

:salute:

☑︎#VoteDemocrat

The Original
Bushed
WOAT
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
The Deep State
So? after looking up the info yourself you will find this out. Does this excuse the black history we are taught in school? I don't see anyone criticizing this Euro incorrect history that is blasted from the roof tops to our brains.

Overall the point of the films were to get blacks who would never hear about the 75% of the correct info in the films to learn that & it did that. It also made me get a hunger to learn more that was Hidden.

They are great films & I'd recommend them to anyone who's black

Son. Everyone does that. Theres an entire section of books at your local bookstore DEDICATED to this.

It doesn't excuse the blatant problems inherent to the films message.

You damn sure don't get to slide by me when talking about HIV isn't real.