Sexxy Redd and Sukihana when it comes to embarrassing black women online.

NobodyReally

Superstar
Daps
Reppin
Cornfields, cows, & an one stoplight town

embarrassed​

adjective

em·bar·rassed im-ˈber-əst
-ˈba-rəst

Synonyms of embarrassed
: feeling or showing a state of self-conscious

You can only be embarrassed by other Black people if you’re worried about what White people think AND you think every Black person reflects who you are, which is internalized racism.

SunZoo

The Legendary Super Sapien.
Supporter
Daps
Reppin
T.L.C.
Before Sexxy Redd, or even the Lil Kim's and Foxy Browns of the world grabbed a microphone...do you think cacs, which is who anybody talking about feeling "embarrased" over, had a favorable image of black women in their minds? Have they not been over-sexualized, demonized, objectified even when singing 'respectable' songs and wearing whatever morality clause you have in your mind deems appropaiate?

I refuse to be embarrased on the behalf of any fukking body and I'm not expecting peckerwoods to ever see me in a way they don't want to see me based on what's playing on the radio. What I will say is...the super relilgous "be a lady" types that think all this is solved if people just cover up and say the right things are a big part of why such polarity has been created between degenerate and 'concious' music. Ignore those aspects of humanity and they go away...

Trying to seperate all of these different aspects of humanity, sexuality, tribalism and even ego from ones divinity...causes this schism. Repression of sexuality and trauma begets you this kind of behavior. The answer isn't to shun, shame or try and swing the pendulum entirely the other way, especially for the sake of respectability from white folks, it's about balance.

So called "concious rappers" cannot strip their music of all sex appeal or tribalism and expect to draw any attention to what they're saying. Nobody is going to listen to your music just because it's postive anymore than people will eat healthy food regardless of taste. Until someone is able to integrate sexuality and tribalism with knowledge and wisdom we will keep serving up artists like these to the "Game" to make money off of.

V Skyye

All Star
Daps
Before Sexxy Redd, or even the Lil Kim's and Foxy Browns of the world grabbed a microphone...do you think cacs, which is who anybody talking about feeling "embarrased" over, had a favorable image of black women in their minds? Have they not been over-sexualized, demonized, objectified even when singing 'respectable' songs and wearing whatever morality clause you have in your mind deems appropaiate?

I refuse to be embarrased on the behalf of any fukking body and I'm not expecting peckerwoods to ever see me in a way they don't want to see me based on what's playing on the radio. What I will say is...the super relilgous "be a lady" types that think all this is solved if people just cover up and say the right things are a big part of why such polarity has been created between degenerate and 'concious' music. Ignore those aspects of humanity and they go away...

Trying to seperate all of these different aspects of humanity, sexuality, tribalism and even ego from ones divinity...causes this schism. Repression of sexuality and trauma begets you this kind of behavior. The answer isn't to shun, shame or try and swing the pendulum entirely the other way, especially for the sake of respectability from white folks, it's about balance.

So called "concious rappers" cannot strip their music of all sex appeal or tribalism and expect to draw any attention to what they're saying. Nobody is going to listen to your music just because it's postive anymore than people will eat healthy food regardless of taste. Until someone is able to integrate sexuality and tribalism with knowledge and wisdom we will keep serving up artists like these to the "Game" to make money off of.
Very well explained from all angles!

ChatGPT-4

Superstar
Daps

embarrassed​

adjective

em·bar·rassed im-ˈber-əst
-ˈba-rəst

Synonyms of embarrassed
: feeling or showing a state of self-conscious

You can only be embarrassed by other Black people if you’re worried about what White people think AND you think every Black person reflects who you are, which is internalized racism.
bingo

how the fukk am I supposed to be embarrassed by a hoodrat or crackhead :wtf:

folks need to read the definition again. and if you are feeling embarrassed, there is an underlining and institutionalized mentality you have within you.

DatBoiHawk

HAWK
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I love Bog Sexyy, but them bytches are setting us back 200 years. Have you seen that hood rats video they got?!??? Just pure degeneracy!!!

DatBoiHawk

HAWK
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Love and hip hop and has done more damage to the black woman image than these two ever will though

3rdWorld

Veteran
Daps
bingo

how the fukk am I supposed to be embarrassed by a hoodrat or crackhead :wtf:

folks need to read the definition again. and if you are feeling embarrassed, there is an underlining and institutionalized mentality you have within you.

You don't feel 2nd hand embarrassment or some measure of shame when another Black person in the public sphere fukks up? Or you're desensitized to it now :mjlol:

Elim Garak

Veteran
Daps
Because white ppl aren’t defending them

Show me a white version of TheShadeRoom, with professional white women in the comments defending woah Vicky
You have obviously never seen a Yahoo or YouTube comment section.

jay83

Superstar
Daps
image matters. Perception is everything. Asian women have the stereotype of being petite, polite, in shape, and “submissive”. Anyone who has traveled knows there are tons of ratchet, loud, difficult to deal with, crazy Asian women who are nowhere close to that stereotype. But perception is everything.

People are too lazy to do their own research, or take the time to get to know others different from them. So taking control of image and rejecting shytty stereotypes helps everyone. The problem is getting in a position where we can affect this change in the media would be a great start.

10bandz

RIP to the GOAT
Supporter
Daps
OP should be embarrassed he copied another users post and turned it into a thread to dap fish