'Shazam' explains how to put on muscle in a short amount of time : "Eat...."

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth

Zachary Levi is the new star of the superhero movie 'Shazam' coming out in next week.

He was also in 'The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel' (excellent show btw) and a couple of comedies back in the day. I stumbled across this vid after watching the new Avengers trailer and it made me think of The Coli and how a lot of you cats were complaining or in disbelief on eating and calorie intake to build muscle.

Basically, he was a taller ectomorph type build when he got the role and gradually built his way up to the 230+ he is now.

To summarize the vid, his main secret was diet. He was eating up to 5 times a day at around 3700-4000 calories while working out 5 times a week. (IMO, you don't even need to work out that much either but different body types).

He was eating fairly clean meals of just variations of chicken and broccoli (not many carbs from what I could tell) as well as supplements. It was similar as to how I put on my weight gain years ago but I probably ate more carbs at the time.

The video also described how the 4000 is relatively LOW compared to what other actors, powerlifters, and bodybuilder had consumed to get their size, and that their is usually a falloff weight afterwards. It's a cycle of 8 weeks normally the 8 weeks cutting. He only did it for about 5 months in preparation for this role after he wrapped Marvelous Mrs. Maisel.

So there you have it... eat fools and give your body the building materials it needs to build muscle. Some know this but it's amazing how many of you didn't believe this shyt

get these nets

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
Above the fray.
OP,

good post

BUT......watching actors bulk up for roles over the years...it's clear that some are using roids/hgh also.

Human beings have natural physical limits. Even if you were able to train, eat, and rest with no other responsibilities....there's a limit to what your gains can be over a certain amount of time.

TL15

Veteran
Daps
The Rock does it

UbNvX6x3SDykfOMTNPq5_the-rock-eyeroll.0.gif

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
It’s easy to say just eat when your not sitting in front of your plate, 3/4 thru it and already full to the brim to the point where you want to puke :francis:
sounds like excuses

It's easy because I've done it. Dude said in the video, even if you don't feel like eating you eat. It's what people do when you're trying to put on mass

O.T.I.S.

Veteran
Daps
Reppin
The Truth
The Rock does it
Rock probably eats 6000-8000 calories a day when trying to gain

OP,

good post

BUT......watching actors bulk up for roles over the years...it's clear that some are using roids/hgh also.

Human beings have natural physical limits. Even if you were able to train, eat, and rest with no other responsibilities....there's a limit to what your gains can be over a certain amount of time.
Some are, still doesn't stop you from eating. Roids have more to do with recovering from workouts and feeling better, not eating and putting on size.

I don't know of any steroid user that would JUST do steroids. Thats a copout as well

Africans been on this wave
But yet Africans and some AA's in here still don't believe it

Daps
Reppin
NULL
OP,

good post

so?

if i was getting paid millions for a role....i'd go on a cycle....for a few months

another thing....roids/hgh arent 'magic' serums

to get the desired effect you STILL have to diet and work out.....you not just sitting around sticking needles in your thigh