Since We're Starting Israelite Threads, Ask An Ex-Israelite Anything...

Adidacs

All Star
Daps
So.. did you just apostatize, or do you not believe in/follow the Bible anymore?

HoustonHeat

In and out
Daps
Reppin
Houston
They shouldn't cross dress definitely, but pants has always been a traditional garment for men. Even if you go back to the 50's, women weren't wearing pants back then. Since pants are for men, women aren't suppposed to wear pants. :manny:
The Old Testament says britches, which can be considered underwear. And you are thinking of recent Western women and pants. Traditional and modern cultures all over the world had women wear what could be considered pants for hundreds of years, and men and women also wore similar robes as each other traditionally. I don't see why God would be focused on me wearing sweats when I work out.

aodai.jpg

593a93a307e6ebc87197836ff8e48a5c.jpg

QamYasharahla

All Star
Daps
The Old Testament says britches, which can be considered underwear. And you are thinking of recent Western women and pants. Traditional and modern cultures all over the world had women wear what could be considered pants for hundreds of years, and men and women also wore similar robes as each other traditionally. I don't see why God would be focused on me wearing sweats when I work out.

aodai.jpg

I've never read the word 'britches' in the Old Testament or anything that specifically pertains to undergarments. The scripture I'm referring to is talking about men's clothing in general.

Deuteronomy 22:5

5 The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.

But think about it-If pants can't specifically be considered men's attire, then what would be a garment that ONLY pertains to men covering their lover halves? Pants have to be considered men's attire only. Also, the Bible is only for the Israelites (they were the ones given the law to keep), so what other nations did like the ones of the pictures you posted are irrelevant. If you're an Israelite woman, you can't wear pants.

FLYINHAWAIIAN

Vegan For a Reason
Daps
Reppin
Hawaii/Houston

aodai.jpg

Well that's what is taught.
Be punished for wearing pants.