Since We're Starting Israelite Threads, Ask An Ex-Israelite Anything...

HoustonHeat

In and out
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I've never read the word 'britches' in the Old Testament or anything that specifically pertains to undergarments. The scripture I'm referring to is talking about men's clothing in general.

Deuteronomy 22:5

5 The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.

But think about it-If pants can't specifically be considered men's attire, then what would be a garment that ONLY pertains to men covering their lover halves? Pants have to be considered men's attire only. Also, the Bible is only for the Israelites (they were the ones given the law to keep), so what other nations did like the ones of the pictures you posted are irrelevant. If you're an Israelite woman, you can't wear pants.
I think it was breeches instead. This person believes that my father's lineage is from one of the 12 tribes.
I think men's boxers can be something that ONLY pertains to their lower halves, just like bras are only for women. But both men and women around the world have worn and still wear robes. The point of Deuteronomy 22:5 is to tell folks not to cross dress or assume another gender role.

QamYasharahla

All Star
Daps
I think it was breeches instead. This person believes that my father's lineage is from one of the 12 tribes.
I think men's boxers can be something that ONLY pertains to their lower halves, just like bras are only for women. But both men and women around the world have worn and still wear robes. The point of Deuteronomy 22:5 is to tell folks not to cross dress or assume another gender role.

I thought about the word 'breeches' a little while after I posted that. Breeches are undergarments, but Deuteronomy 22:5 isn't referring to undergarments, it's their clothes in general. What you just said about Deuteronomy 22:5 about switching gender roles is reading into the scriptures something that it didn't say to justify wearing pants. If women didn't start wearing pants back in the day, we might not have people thinking cross dressing is acceptable now. And to be honest, women DO act like men in this society, and one has to wonder if wearing pants has something to do with it. If the Most High hates something, and men/women wearing the others's garments are ABOMINATION to Him, then why not just try to correct that behavior? You don't want to get destroyed by the Most High because you didn't want to follow something as simple as not wearing pants because at this point, you've been told not to, so it counts. Just food for thought...

Acts 17:30

30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:

HoustonHeat

In and out
Daps
Reppin
Houston
I thought about the word 'breeches' a little while after I posted that. Breeches are undergarments, but Deuteronomy 22:5 isn't referring to undergarments, it's their clothes in general. What you just said about Deuteronomy 22:5 about switching gender roles is reading into the scriptures something that it didn't say to justify wearing pants. If women didn't start wearing pants back in the day, we might not have people thinking cross dressing is acceptable now. And to be honest, women DO act like men in this society, and one has to wonder if wearing pants has something to do with it. If the Most High hates something, and men/women wearing the others's garments are ABOMINATION to Him, then why not just try to correct that behavior? You don't want to get destroyed by the Most High because you didn't want to follow something as simple as not wearing pants because at this point, you've been told not to, so it counts. Just food for thought...

Acts 17:30

30 And the times of this ignorance God winked at; but now commandeth all men every where to repent:
Cross dressing and gay fornication existed well before Western women wore pants. I don't think women wearing women's cut of pants, slacks and jeans (totally different than men's) is what is making these trannies dress up like women, and I dont think our society thinks cross dressing is acceptable either. The confusion between gender roles in the U.S. Have more to do with aftermath and response to war and economy than with fashion.

I enjoy wearing skirts and dresses, but they aren't practical for all situations and weather. Can I safely and decently wear skirts to the gym, in snow, in the wind, cleaning the house? Nope. Wouldn't the Most High want me to use my brain that I was blessed with effectively ? There are many things to make an abomination because they are dangerous, but I don't think pants is it and if it was, it would've been made clear. This wasn't made clear seeing as how the language can easily be interpreted to mean undergarments. Y'all have no issues with both sexes wearing robes, but have issues with women's pangs. Makes no sense.

QamYasharahla

All Star
Daps
Cross dressing and gay fornication existed well before Western women wore pants. I don't think women wearing women's cut of pants, slacks and jeans (totally different than men's) is what is making these trannies dress up like women, and I dont think our society thinks cross dressing is acceptable either. The confusion between gender roles in the U.S. Have more to do with aftermath and response to war and economy than with fashion.

I enjoy wearing skirts and dresses, but they aren't practical for all situations and weather. Can I safely and decently wear skirts to the gym, in snow, in the wind, cleaning the house? Nope. Wouldn't the Most High want me to use my brain that I was blessed with effectively ? There are many things to make an abomination because they are dangerous, but I don't think pants is it and if it was, it would've been made clear. This wasn't made clear seeing as how the language can easily be interpreted to mean undergarments. Y'all have no issues with both sexes wearing robes, but have issues with women's pangs. Makes no sense.

Out of all of that, the only thing I agree with is skirts and dresses aren't practical for certain activities, but that doesn't change what the Bible says. You can either follow what the Bible says, or you can lean to your own understanding and deal with the consequences. On a final note on this subject, I'll leave you with this.

Jeremiah 17:9

9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Proverbs 3:5

5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.

http://www.kingjamesbibleonline.org/Proverbs-3-5/

HoustonHeat

In and out
Daps
Reppin
Houston
Out of all of that, the only thing I agree with is skirts and dresses aren't practical for certain activities, but that doesn't change what the Bible says. You can either follow what the Bible says, or you can lean to your own understanding and deal with the consequences. On a final note on this subject, I'll leave you with this.

Jeremiah 17:9

9 The heart is deceitful above all things, and desperately wicked: who can know it?

Proverbs 3:5

5 Trust in the LORD with all thine heart; and lean not unto thine own understanding.
But me using the language in Deuteronomy 22:5 is doing exactly that, I'm following the language, and it doesn't read anything like pants.

I genuinely want to understand, but discussing religion with Israelites and Muslim friends always end this way, where they tell me at one point to not think and just follow the words, but what they really mean is follow their interpretation of the word.

HoustonHeat

In and out
Daps
Reppin
Houston
:russ: @HoustonHeat do u wanna convert or sum, leave them crazy nikkas be
A loved one is into this at the moment and is making suggestions to me. I'm not seeking religion, but I do want to understand and be respectful.

Funny how I never meet a female Israelite. And funny how new Israelites' focus for making changes starts with their beard, food, and then- what to make women do. The focus should be on himself and his soul.

QamYasharahla

All Star
Daps
But me using the language in Deuteronomy 22:5 is doing exactly that, I'm following the language, and it doesn't read anything like pants.

I genuinely want to understand, but discussing religion with Israelites and Muslim friends always end this way, where they tell me at one point to not think and just follow the words, but what they really mean is follow their interpretation of the word.

First off, I'm not giving you my private interpretaion of anything. I'm giving you the Word uncut from the Bible. You are CHOOSING to not accept it because you want to justify yourself wearing pants. If thats what you choose to do, then fine, but don't try to twist the scriptures. Deuteronomy 22:5 never mentions or even implies it's talking about undergarments. It's talking about men's clothes and women's clothes in general. But, let's post it again.

Deuteronomy 22:5

5 The woman shall not wear that which pertaineth unto a man, neither shall a man put on a woman's garment: for all that do so are abomination unto the LORD thy God.

Let's look up the word 'garment' in the Hebrew.

http://www.blueletterbible.org/lang/lexicon/lexicon.cfm?Strongs=H8071&t=KJV

1. wrapper, mantle, covering garment, garments, clothes, raiment, a cloth

If you look at the Gesenius' Hebrew-Chaldee Lexicon at that link, it says "a garment, whether of men or women (Deu 22:5); especially a large outer garment".

KOOL-AID

I Pitty Da Fool
Supporter
Daps
A loved one is into this at the moment and is making suggestions to me. I'm not seeking religion, but I do want to understand and be respectful.

Funny how I never meet a female Israelite. And funny how new Israelites' focus for making changes starts with their beard, food, and then- what to make women do. The focus should be on himself and his soul.
watched a couple of their videos and stuff and I can say their interpretation of the bible and its meanings is interesting however their approach and overall style is :whoa: . Wht made ur loved one join??

HoustonHeat

In and out
Daps
Reppin
Houston
@QamYasharahla
But you are choosing to define those words differently. The first link you provided also shows all the other times the word was used, and many of those examples I read refer to undergarments as well.

Deuteronomy 22:5 referring to a large outer garment can also mean coats. This means that I must not wear a winter coat in the cold because men wear coats too. I must not wear sweaters cause men wear sweaters too. Makes no sense to focus on pants when the verse doesn't even focus on pants.

HoustonHeat

In and out
Daps
Reppin
Houston
watched a couple of their videos and stuff and I can say their interpretation of the bible and its meanings is interesting however their approach and overall style is :whoa: . Wht made ur loved one join??
I told him that he needed to get in touch with his African roots.
:snoop:

Next thing I know, he doesn't want to eat bacon anymore, started growing a beard, and telling me to not wear pants. I think something in Deuteronomy about being brought over in slave ships resonated with him and made him feel like it was describing west African slavery passage to the Americas. He hasn't joined a group yet and he finds most Israelite videos a little crazy. He swears he isn't on any message boards and is just reading his bible. But I don't buy that, I believe he came across some articles or online lit somewhere.

QamYasharahla

All Star
Daps
@QamYasharahla
But you are choosing to define those words differently. The first link you provided also shows all the other times the word was used, and many of those examples I read refer to undergarments as well.

Deuteronomy 22:5 referring to a large outer garment can also mean coats. This means that I must not wear a winter coat in the cold because men wear coats too. I must not wear sweaters cause men wear sweaters too. Makes no sense to focus on pants when the verse doesn't even focus on pants.

:rudy: Yeah, it can mean many different types of clothing. That's not the point. The point is there is CLEARLY certain types of clothing for men, and certain types of clothing for women and they aren't interchangeable between the genders. The amount of resistance to something like this is amazing to be completely honest. We aren't talking about how Israelite men can have multiple wives, or that a woman is beneath a man. We're literally talking about whether or not a woman can wear pants when the scriptures make it crystal clear.
The scriptures tell us we are a rebellious people, and that's 200% the truth.

Isaiah 30:9

9 That this is a rebellious people, lying children, children that will not hear the law of the LORD:

Things like this are the exact reason why the Most High kicks our ass continually. We just don't want to listen. Not to get graphic, but why do you think women get plagued with yeast infections and what not? You have an open cavity that needs to 'breathe' and pants are obviously counterproductive for that happening. Here's a great video where they go into it.

Last edited: